What did he mean by this ?

what did he mean by this ?

wtf i love reddit now

>he thinks he exists for a reason

wtf god is dead now

damn..............................
really forces your cognition.

Wow so deep.

I'm going to post this on Reddit and get on the front page.

wow..................
really makes u upvote,.,,,,,..........................

>I have a very basic understanding of philosophy

How come you never see these asshurt insecure neckbeard posts about religion, even though religious doctrine is the shallowest, least thought-provoking form of philosophy conceivable? What makes you so angry that some people are intelligent enough to assess reality impartially?

nihilism is not a philosophy

it's not ?

>glass houses

Because it's always easier to ridicule someone else.

However, I dont agree that religion is shallow philosophically, unless you're extremely shallow yourself.

Are you implying you're not going to die?

>making up whatever feels nice to think
>not the shallowest of the shallow

In the beginning a magic man made everything, here's some rules to follow xDD

I don't think so. It's a doctrine widely discussed by some philosophers, but no philosopher actually was really nihilistic. Not even Nitsche, dumb kids just misinterpret his work to justify their lack of values.

I fucking love R&M and I love threads about them here because you fags jump through hoops to justify not liking good popular things or at least pretend to.
R&M threads always manage to expose the average fa/tv/irgin for the tryhard brainlet he is.

It's comforting to people with shitty lives because it means that even the luckiest, most "successful," privileged people will end up suffering sooner than they think, and nothing they do really matters.

Have you read the bible? The New testament contains much more than just a ten point bulletin of rules, it's about human morality in general. The parables are not shallow or always easy to understand at first glance.

>religious doctrine is the shallowest, least thought-provoking form of philosophy conceivable?
Holy shit grow up newfag.

I like Rick and Morty threads because I can see the childish logic of people thinking I should watch something I don't like.

>newfag

Not him but there is nothing new about atheism or religious shitflinging on Sup Forums, if anything the reactionaries are new.

Religious people literally have the psychologies of small children, believing they can wish away reality or wish new realities into existence.

Well oldfags would have to knowledge to prevent them from saying "why aren't you guys bashing religion"

Atheist people don't think.

>Somewhere between 50-90% of scientists are atheistic, basically the inverse of the general population of average morons
>"atheist people don't think"

Like I said, you think you can wish new realities into existence. You're that stupid and gullible. You're literally the original social justice warrior.

You're projecting your bias about religion onto someone who says religion is thoughtful.

>Well oldfags would have to knowledge to prevent them from saying "why aren't you guys bashing religion"

???

Could you try that again? English not your first language?

biblical parables are really thought out and often dont even end with a definite morale leving the reader to think about it himself. Theres a reason religious writing took hundreds of years to write. It's the end result of many different philosophers who remain to stay unknown.
You could argue that most of it is outdated, but it really isnt that shallow.

You can not watch and not discuss things you don't like and know nothing about
>inb4 but this is le Sup Forums and I'm Sup Forums as fuck I need to shit on thread whose subject I have no interest in do I fit in yet?

Old-fags would have experience in this website, therefore they wouldn't make a claim that this board is never anti-religion. Also his whole post is referring to this board as "you guys"

???

I don't.

>Theres a reason religious writing took hundreds of years to write.

You have that twisted, there's hundreds of years worth of religious writing, it didn't take hundreds of years to create religious writings. The amount a subject has been written about has nothing to do with the actual depth of the subject, just look at any piece of media with a large fan following (the internet is full of them). It's called imagination.

Exactly. There are parables that lack the clear moralic punch line often associated with religious teachings, and even a few that comes off as somewhat immoral unless you take time to think about it, like the one about the landowner who paid all his workers the same amount even though some have worked all day and others just a few minutes.

hes pointing at us... on reddit...

Now it's grammatically correct (enough) but it still doesn't make sense in context of the reply chain.

God there's like three different non-native English speakers ITT and it's making me think I have dyslexia or something. I guess that's what I get for browsing in the morning.

Your might want too work on you're reading comprehension.