Why is this shit so boring?

Why is this shit so boring?

I watched the first 40 minutes, but I couldn't force myself to continue

No one is more boring than you, kiddo.

>boring

Five fucking minutes showing them riding a trolley, no good camera angles, no talking. Just meaningless trolley riding.

Watch the whole thing. Chills man, chills. Also, after watching the movie (or before, to motivate you to watch again) you should research the sacrifices made to make this film.

Also, somewhere in the first hour you will find the most pleasing stealth character tracking shot (in my opinion). Everything about this movie is great. But I know how you feel. Years ago it took me at least two tries in order for me to finally sit through the whole thing. Afterwards I showed it to some of my friends and everybody liked it and started building a passion for films. Now they show me great films once in a while. Art man.

It's a pleb filter.

>not getting the superior and ultimate version of stalker

TOP FUCKING KEK

>force
STAR WORZZZZZZZ?!?!!?????

philosophy and cinematography for dumdumbs: the movie

>HURR STALKER IS SO DEEP AND SO GOOD YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THE POTTERY BUT IT MUST BE GOOD BECAUSE BASED STANNIS LIKE IT XDD
No seriously, the book is much better that this overrated shit movie.

Quite literally:
> “The film [Stalker] needs to be slower and duller at the start so that the viewers who walked into the wrong theatre have time to leave before the main action starts.” - Andrei Tarkovsky

based andrei

> room can grant wishes
>2 and a half hours finding that room
> they never find out if it grant wishes or not
> ending makes no sense

Did the girl ask for telekinesis? [/spoiler[

Ah, the old "I didn't like it so everyone else must only be faking"

>tfw watched this
>felt to pressured by the reputation of it literally being the greatest film of all time so i couldn't enjoy it because i was always thinking about if i was enjoying it

Can't think of a more autistic fanbase than Stalker fags.

Malick fans

Oh god, Malick fans are the worst

I saw this when I was about 20. I'm now 27, should I give it another go? Also, can someone give a short summary of its meaning?

>A guide leads two men through an area known as the Zone to find a room that grants wishes.
Whoa! The synopsis is really dumb.

wtf i hate kino now

It's about a couple of different characters and a dog going on a journey to find a mcguffin and instead learning more about themselves. Also it starts in sepia and turns to color after they leave their home. it's basically The Wizard of Oz.

That's the general plot yes, I was more interested in the deeper meaning. Some sort of analysis.

>> ending makes no sense
>Did the girl ask for telekinesis?

No. She had never been to the Room. But she was the offspring of the Stalker, who was subject to the Zone's effects.

The Zone had caused the Stalker to change, in ways the script doesn't make clear. But what is clear is that his daughter became some kind of super-powered freak.

The implication is that the Zone would work its influence though her. The attempts to contain the Zone had failed, and humanity would be in for a rude awakening at some point.

Without knowing, the Stalker had become the Zone's agent, which is presumably why it allowed him to survive so many visits.

it's about religion and faith. Most of Tarkovsky work is, even Solaris.

GTFO plebs.

what fucking action? the significant things happens in the last 30 mins only.

the Zone is God, and the Stalker its messenger (the prophet). The movie as a whole is about the responsibility of faith.

>hating on Malick

His work is beautiful, we can all admit that.

Malick fan here, what do we do? Back when Knight of Cups came out there were some fantastic threads. If anything it seem like Malick haters, who simply brush him off as pretentious despite his blantant sincerity, are the obnoxious group. I always argue for his sincerity and the flow of his films that to me are flawless. I don't consider his movies to be terribly deep or hard to understand, and neither does Malick. So what exactly is so bad about Malick fans?

OP here. I read the book, it's infinitely better. But you convinced me to finish the movie

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

OP and every other pleb just got bamboozled.

>SoC
>superior

Sure, it probably has the best progression and story but COP blows it out of the water with gameplay.

is there a purer movie than Tree of Life in existence though, that's the real question

No Malick fans are alright, but they have a tendency to lap up any inferior shit that Malick produces and declares to be good.

The New World is utterly mediocre compared to his best work, and everything he did after Tree of Life I found to be pretty shit and the epitome of style over substance

It always makes me tear up, it really is so personal and honest and sincere. I'd say chances are there are, but I dont think I've seen one that's as beautiful and emotional

I just saw Tree of Life and am in awe of his perception of the world experience. I'm not even a Christian or have any religion, but his films are the closest to a religious experience that I will ever experience.

The scene is supposed to show their emotions as it pans to their faces and also the background is supposed to show how beautiful the zone is compared to the shithole they came from, educate yourself pleb.

>style over substance
Oh, you're one of those. I'm actually not a huge fan of Badlands. And I didn't even really care for To The Wonder, but Knight of Cups was entirely beautiful and almost tangible in quality. What's it's the epitome of is the story Malick was trying to tell with that style of filmmaking. I actually do hope he changes things up a little, not because he's reached "self parody" or whatever bullshit criticism there is, but because he's conquered that realm of cinema, he has more to offer.

Why the fuck am I the only one who genuinely loves TNW?

>I'm addicted to Hollywood dopamine!

You should watch Werkmeister's Harmonies

It could be when the other two fuckwits refused to go inside, I believe the stalker has actually went inside the room to wish his daughter to be alright but since the room only grants your most earthly desire as explained by the writer and confirmed by the scientist, the stalker has a minor breakdown in the silence and accepts his wish and the room's decision about his daughter.

>Hating on Malick
>on Sup Forums

Just Zerkalo, senpai.

Whatever, I found both To The Wonder and Knights of Cups to pale even to "The New World", which I think says a lot about his output after ToL. Maybe there's a certain correlation to the sudden surge of output for a person who used to to do at most 2 films a decade.

I wouldn't even recommend Knights of Cup to a seasoned Malick fan, maybe unless they just wants to support the production companies that back Malick's films or whatever.

CoP has a shittier atmosphere and objectively less replay value due to the lack of repeatable quests.

Why are the prequels so underrated?

i agree op
i could only marathon maybe the first two or three scenes before shutting it off

>you'll never chill with Tarkovsky, discussing cinema and philosophy, laughing at plebs and calling 99% of directors talentless hacks

Tarkovsky literally admits that he made his flicks boring just because he believed he was creating high art, this is how a pleb thinks

Are you me?

>when the Lacrimosa hits

If you dont have the patience, let alone the ability to appreciate the beauty of the scenes and the amazing long running shots where the environment completely changes from one state to another then you sir have no right to any Kinomeme privileges

This is true, and it could be high art if he was good at directing scenes. He's not, so it's garbage.

Plebs like him for a couple of reason, mostly because he is an entry level director they can namedrop. Objectively he is a hack and should be viewed as such by any true cinephile.

That's the only good part of the film, and it's far from impressive. A couple of Discovery Channel space shots and a sad opera song is all it took.

>Sup Forums has gotten contrarian enough that Tarkovsky is considered entry-level now

jesus christ

He has always been considered entry-level, if we're referring to arthouse cinema. That's not a contrarian opinion. He's one of the most well known arthouse directors.

The only thing that is cutting edge or even relevant anymore is whatever Sam Hyde shits out. Welcome to Sup Forums 2017.

tarkosvky was a hack

I'm not Sup Forums. But he is objectively one of the most overrated director's of all time, and it's frustrating because half the people who praise him write nonsense that makes no sense.

Like the guy above talking about discussing philosophy with him. Really dude? Philosophy? There is one theme in his films, the guy was a complete idiot.

>plebs pretending to be patrician by dissing on Drumfkovsky again

cute.

And yet you can force yourself to keep on living.
Really makes you think.

Anyone have the actual comic where the dad catches his son watching kino?

can't wait for the hollywood remake with awesome cgi action and explosive final tbqhwy

Kino meme privileges: REVOKED

sounds really fucking boring. where are the quips and explosions?

I love the book so much. Here, have a drawing someone I know made after he read the book.