Author J. R. R. Tolkien was deeply conservative, so there's no surprise here

>Author J. R. R. Tolkien was deeply conservative, so there's no surprise here.

Other urls found in this thread:

folk.uib.no/hnohf/orkish.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien#cite_ref-187
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fuck you mean

What did he mean by this?

Is that why Frodo never fucked Sam?

Huh

Come on man if you gonna bait at least try

It was totally hinted that Legolas and Gimli were a gay couple at the end of Return of the King. Don't deny it.

I thought gimli was obsessed with galadriel he even went to the undying lands following her

Gimli was bisexual. His true love interest was Legolas.

>this will show them I'm not new!

Fair enough

>Two male characters go from tense relations to beoming good friends
>Must be gay

Accepting faggotry was a mistake.

he was also a Catholic.

He hated Nazis though. And he loved da Jews

>Smaug had come. Such wanton death was dealt that day. For this city of Men was nothing to Smaug. His eye was set on another prize. For dragons covet gold with a dark and fierce desire. Erebor was lost. For a dragon will guard his plunder as long as he lives. Robbed of their homeland the Dwarves of Erebor wandered the wilderness... a once mighty people brought low. The young Dwarf prince took work where he could find it... laboring in the villages of Men. But always he remembered... the mountain smoke beneath the moon... the trees like torches blazing bright. For he had seen dragon fire in the sky and a city turned to ash. And he never forgave and he never forgot.

Was Smaug an allegory for Jews stealing Palestine, and Arab migrants robbed of their homeland having to survive in the West, while holding a grudge and turning to vengeance for all the harm that was done to them while Elves/White Men pretended nothing was happening? Why would a dragon care so much about gold?

I think if he saw the world today he might have revised his feelings on Nazis and Jews.

But perhaps less so the "mongol-types" he based the orcs on.

Your average liberal can't understand male bonding in any other context.

If anything, I think Tolkein's Dwarves are supposed to be Jews reclaiming their homeland, after being"brought low" and driven out of it.

He was a liberal academic who vocally opposed apartheid, anti-semitism, and fascism. It's in his fucking letters and transcripts of his speeches and lectures.

Sup Forums and tumblr both ignore this however, for opposite reasons.

No, the dwarves are as obviously jewish as you can get.
t. yid

He might have claimed to, but he modelled the Dwarves on the Jews, even giving them a Semetic sounding language. In fact he openly compared the two. Not the bit about them being greedy and obsessing over gold and what not, but still.

He was blatantly liberal. You're all retards

Actually he based the orcs more on Africans

folk.uib.no/hnohf/orkish.htm

Tolkien was a pretty staunch Catholic, and would never revise his opinion of either the Jews and Nazis.

He would be against any film version of LotR though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien#cite_ref-187

I do think Jackson's LotR is pretty kino. But Tolkien himself would have most likely hated it.

None of which actually disqualifies him from being a conservative (even though he really wasn't)

Nigga,

( a) The dwarves built massive halls underground

( b) Gave no fucks

( c) are not faggy like elves

( d) amassed wealth and biches

( e) and had massive chest hair (and beard hair, of course)

Also ( f) they didn't get corrupted by the rings of pwoer, they only wanted more money.

Why do you think /tg/ ahs a massive hard-on for the Jews, but hates the elves? Tolkien may have based his elves on the Aryan Jew, but he also made the Dwarves pretty imba. And considering his Catholicism, and his fascination with the Jewish language and religion (Christianity does owe to Judaism), it is NOT a wonder that he would give an "edge" to the "Jews" of his mythology (that being the Dwarves)

I'm not saying he wasn't

No, he was pretty conservative

But back to Tolkien would be against the alt-right. Also skinheads and neonazis.

Don't get me wrong. Tolkien was a conservative much like Chesterton. But he would not empathize with fascist ideology, nor would he with extreme Christianity (many far-right Christians have gone as far as to demean all fiction, anything, that is not the Bible, as heathen)

If I had to place Tolkien anywhere, it would be centrist-Right. But even then, he wouldn't care - all he would care about would be remaining a Catholic, and expanding his fantasy world.

Did you not read The Hobbit?