Explain this guy’s success to me

Explain this guy’s success to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3I1GoEpMdYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He makes decent, danceable pop folk.

marketing. i fucking hate him and this is the only plane of existence where someone like ed sheeran is famous

He was an ugly weird guy, He worked really fucking hard for many many years on his music, moved to LA with nothing and went for broke. Got noticed and got funding / record deals.

American dream pretty much.

the same way kanye west is popular.

right retard in the right place, plugged by the right people at the right time, to fill a void in mainstream music that people were told was there.

not good enough to cut through the noise
probably these

He makes inoffensive music. Girls need shit like the Osmonds or Leif Garrett or Menudo or Westlife or shit like that in every era. But by god he is ugly

Normies

youtube.com/watch?v=3I1GoEpMdYs

He is easily likeable and relatable. The dude has it all to appeal mainstream audience. He doesnt make you want to think he's something more than just a singer songwriter and thats why people like him. AND GODDAMN I CANT HELP BUT TO LIKE HIM ASWELL SO FUCK YOU ALL.

how do you dance to shape of you? it's such a weiurd song

Lowest common denominator music

Just like what most of Sup Forums likes then

No, he went to a festival and played every single indie/unsigned artists area which got him signed.

That's part of the "working really fucking hard for many many years"

He is the embodiment of every straight white ugly male that owns an acoustic guitar and sings along. He is every young busker you see covering radio songs on the streets mashed up into a ginger demon that appeals to the mainstream including old people too.

>makes music that fits the pop formula
>has an ok voice
that's all you need

I can't believe Eminem got him to feature.

You've changed, Mathers, more than I thought possible.

He looks like the "gingers have souls" kid.

The same reason every other shitty pop artist makes it big: women.

His parents are rich and funded his musician phase, so ya basically the american dream.

Reasons my 17 yro basic bitch burger white American cousin likes his music (we had a discussion about this)

1. He is a cute and sweet person
2. His music uses "real instruments for a change"
3. His songs are beautiful and emotional
4. They do not talk about women in a bad way and make them feel worthy

Normies are as insufferable as us it seems

Pretty much. Other stuff she listens to includes FOB, Imagine Dragons, the newer U2 albums, M5, Chainsmokers, etc.

She's a great person but when it comes to music it's hard to not make any comments.

not everyone is a music connoiseur
are you mad at people who enjoy call of duty and not some obscure indie game also?

>They do not talk about women in a bad way and make them feel worthy
OK that's fair enough. Everything else in the charts is 'muh bitch lu do cocayh'