Hey Kathleen why are we filming all of my scenes first?

>Hey Kathleen why are we filming all of my scenes first?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HlmNqwEhGIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DEH FORCE REPRESHENTS PURE IDEAOLOGY

>[T]his readiness to assume the guilt for the threats to our environment is deceptively reassuring: We like to be guilty since, if we are guilty, it all depends on us. We pull the strings of the catastrophe, so we can also save ourselves simply by changing our lives. What is really hard for us (at least in the West) to accept is that we are reduced to the role of a passive observer who sits and watches what our fate will be. To avoid this impotence, we engage in frantic, obsessive activities. We recycle old paper, we buy organic food, we install long-lasting light bulbs—whatever—just so we can be sure that we are doing something. We make our individual contribution like the soccer fan who supports his team in front of a TV screen at home, shouting and jumping from his seat, in the belief that this will somehow influence the game's outcome.

That's not what fat alcoholics sound like.

Libshits BTFO

Mark will die March 2017

screencap this

*sniff

Actually thought that was the dude who created Rick and Morty at first. Really made me kek

Is this a quote? This is retarded.

wow so funny man epic xDDD LEL

Ford will die before Hamill.

That's Slavoj Zizek

not Mark Hamill

Why is it retarded?

Why does leftypol parrot his talking points so much

am I being trolled right now?

>fat Slav commies believe sports fans believe that

*sniff*

>Anglos believe sport fans don't believe that

Zizek is a good speaker who uses Marxism to make points beyond just economic policy. He often takes it into philosophy and psychology, but he's never preachy about it and is self deprecating. I'm a goose-stepping Ayn Rand fag, and even I like him, even if I don't agree with Marxism.

Plus he blew up the Death Star.

It basically says
>humans never do any harm to the environment. There's really nothing we can do. The earth polluted it all by itself XD

youtu.be/HlmNqwEhGIk

XD

>It basically says
You basically wrong

>Romanian peerage are actually Cumans

I had no idea Hamill felt so strongly on this.

no you

He's obviously talking about climate change. Of course we should stop dumping garbage and polluting the air, but only for our own good (in the sense that we need breathable air and as little harmful shit in our water and food as possible). And yes, climate changes by itself.

>Ayn Rand
How is being an edgy 19 year old treating you?

Whatever makes you feel good man.
American Association for the Advancement of Science
"The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (2006)3

American Chemical Society
"Comprehensive scientific assessments of our current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and potentially a very serious problem." (2004)4

American Geophysical Union
"Human‐induced climate change requires urgent action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes." (Adopted 2003, revised and reaffirmed 2007, 2012, 2013)5

American Medical Association
"Our AMA ... supports the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s fourth assessment report and concurs with the scientific consensus that the Earth is undergoing adverse global climate change and that anthropogenic contributions are significant."

American Meteorological Society
"It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and nitrous oxide."

American Physical Society
"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (2007)8

The Geological Society of America
"The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2006), and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) account for most of the warming since the middle 1900s." (2006; revised 2010)9

U.S. National Academy of Sciences
"The scientific understanding of climate change is now sufficiently clear to justify taking steps to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere." (2005)11

U.S. Global Change Research Program
"The global warming of the past 50 years is due primarily to human-induced increases in heat-trapping gases. Human 'fingerprints' also have been identified in many other aspects of the climate system, including changes in ocean heat content, precipitation, atmospheric moisture, and Arctic sea ice." (2009, 13 U.S. government departments and agencies)12

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
“Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and since the 1950s, many of the observed changes are unprecedented over decades to millennia. The atmosphere and ocean have warmed, the amounts of snow and ice have diminished, and sea level has risen.”13

“Human influence on the climate system is clear, and recent anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases are the highest in history. Recent climate changes have had widespread impacts on human and natural systems.”14

I'm always right

>organizations all lead by Jews
You seem like a smart guy, it's sad that they managed to trick you into doing their dirty work

Kek of course it's the ebil joos, shilling for the renewable energy lobby I presume.

If jews control the world they are not very good at it because America still doesn't do shit about climate change

Btw There are 200 worldwide scientific world wide organizations that hold the position that climate change is man made. All jews i assume

No, idiot. It's the same mentality of voting against the Republicans in a red state for a presidential election or vice versa. People in California voted for McCain in 2008 so they could say they did their part, but they legitimately had no impact on the election. In the same way, some people in the US recycling their personal garbage has no effect on the countries and industries that pump out billions of times more waste every second.

>He knows

Send the golem.

It's pretty easy to have secret Jews in strategic locations when you can erase 6 million of them from history.

Also you talk out of your ass because you can't just deal with the fact that burning billions of tons of eco matter might have an effect on the atmosphere of a planet.

These Organisations are often lead by councils or don't a strong hierarchical order. Have you researched every single member and they all turned to be jews? Where are the goyim scientists then? Are they all just thrown of the edge of our flat earth?

You are fucking retarded

Even if it's not some "le ebil jew conspiracy", polluting the environment is still a HUGE issue. Have you ever been outside the city only to come back and start having breathing problems? How about all those water sources that end up polluted? How about all the animals we feed on that go extinct?

Jesus christ you Sup Forumstards can be so retarded sometimes

That's a good mentality though. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. If everybody did their part and took some responsibility for their actions the world wouldn't be such a flaming pile of garbage.

Maybe it doesn't matter what I do because everybody else is to ignorant or selfish but at least I can say to my kids that I did what i could.

Jews genetically have bigger noses you stupid fucks. Air pollution isn't as much of a problem because they can ingest more healthy air with each respiration.

Also America really bad in pollution and CO2 emissions per person compared to other countries

>implying your kids will survive the coming nuclear winter/scorched earth

Unless you're on the right side, comrade.

Jokes on you, I have a big hook nose and I am german with prussian ancestry.

As someone who has a say in who's the next candidate for president in his country.

You are all doing to little.

>Jokes on you
>I am german
At least I don't live in Africa

>Implying I don't live from the Land in the Siberian Taiga posting from satellite internet.

be prepared.

but he's saying that your actions are negligible and in fact counterproductive because you're assuaging your environmental "guilt" by performing meaningless acts whereas without it you might actually do something

It's like fat people who drink diet coke

See also: his problem with "fairtrade" coffee

>pollution
>Man made climate change
Pick the one that's real.

>Implying Politicians change anything ever.

That has nothing to do with climate change.

No he is implying that it doesn't matter what you because there isn't anything that can be done.

Recycling and conserving energy isn't meaningless.

>Zizek will never do attempt a deconstruction of MDE: World Peace

Why even live

see

Which is his entire point. We do that kind of shit for selfish reasons like self gratification or feeling "proud".

No, I understand exactly what he means because I understand his schtick, you've just wandered in at the eleventh hour and think you get it, but you don't

Zizek is obviously an environmentalist, he's just deeply cynical of "western corporatist" environmentalism that attempts to tell people everything will be OK if you do stupid things

see
Or do some light research outside of your usual echochambers before posting

How do I start with Zizek?

I have a lot of Marxist sympathies, I think I would agree with him.

Gross

youtube videos, his books are shit

So what? Everything is done for selfish reasons. Pretty trivial if that's actually the point.

The problem is people think it's NOT selfish

>china isnt completely bood red
>south america is not completely red
>Alaska is

It is on an individual level. Without large cultural and political changes that are out of your control entirely it's very much meaningless.

It's the old authoritarian left thinking of
>Communism will fix everything so I don't even attempt to change anything under capitalism other then capitalism itself.

It's really convenient. because you cant feel righteous while doing jack shit other then burning cars and writing shitty maifestos

It's obviously per capita of the state idiot. So yes China has way less emissions per capita then U.S.A which alaska is a part of.

Leave my Zizekfu alone!

I happen to agree famalam, but I still think he's got a point there

I really do hate people who pretend to be virtuous by buying fairtrade and organic crap, only Zizek made me realise why

But as suggested it's sort of trivial

Yeah so large changes start with individuals and small groups.

I only hate those people too, because those things are way too expensive for everyone to buy and because organic farming wouldn't sustain the population.

That's one theory for sure. Certainly one that aligns with western ideals.

Why does Zizek get so much love from right-wingers?

I'm pretty right-wing but I love his stuff whereas I want Chomsky to get in the oven

Are there any other left-wing types like this?

It's a fact. Change always starts within a few individuals. It's not like everyone in france collectively decided to do the revolution. Everybody wanted to, but only a few where brave and self sacrificing enough to start it.

Because he is a contrarian

>It is on an individual level

If you're implying conserving energy on a individual level is meaningless you're fucking retarded as even when disregarding the environmental benefit it can clearly have an impact on your electricity bill. How is that meaningless?

These things need individual engagement and corporate/governmental engagement, you can't fix it without both and disregarding one of them is just retarded.

Those few individuals are simply the first drops of water out of the breaking dam, bro. Individuals can only start a revolution if the cultural and political climate has reached a breaking point.

Again. Nobody is arguing people shouldn't do things for their own benefit. They're saying acting like you're saving the world because you put your soda bottles in a red bin instead of the trash can makes you a hero is stupid.

Last two digits indicate how many years he has left.

>mfw i live in a small euro country that could sink into the ocean tomorrow and it would have no effect at all in the way of global warming, what i eat or where i throw my garbage literally has no effect, and that goes for every single person out of the millions who live in my irrelevant corner of the world, and i have no influence over the asian factories that are actually the problem

Don't break the young a anons illusions that they matter.

Actually Zizek is neither a Leninist nor a SJW but a pretty conservative eurocentric Marxist. Not that I think you would know the difference.

The Netherlands? You guys have massive sea walls

> 91 years left
thanks

>asian factories that are actually the problem
see

>What does "per person" mean

Also if everyone became vegetarian it reduce agriculture-related carbon emissions by 17 percent, methane emissions by 24 percent, and nitrous oxide emissions by 21 percent by 2050

Your logic is like

>if 20 people stab a man I can stab him too because he would have died anyway. So it isn't murder.

>what was the industrial revolution
Pro tip: it didn't happen in China.

>if everyone denies their nature and became vegetarian
not an argument

Yes that's exactly the point. per person asians are way less harmful then americans

So you're saying you're a meaningless individual we shouldn't care about?

It's just a thing that would be doable.

Nature doesn't constitute morality. It is in our nature to be wiped out by plagues and die when we are 50. Still you take your meds.

>le not an argument xD

here you go

On practice and contradiction / Tse-Tung Mao ; introduction [and commentary] by Slavoj Žižek.

Until they become as developed as Americans. Climate change is about the future senpai, not the present. I'd be particularly worried about India and then Africa as a whole.

Are you unironically implying that China is still preindustrilized?

You are the retard

Zizek is explaining how ideology leads people to believe that recycling a sheet of paper is saving the world.

The point being the environment needs systematic change and that personal efforts are just a mad distraction over the immensity of the problem of climate change etc.

But Europe is as developed as America and they are still not as bad.

Also China is investing more in renewable energy then anybody else as of late.

Already answered the point here.
I honestly didn't see his point originally because I wouldn't have thought that he is that retarded.

thank you user, the though of everyone here being such a massive retard that no one could get the actual point behind that quote was starting to make me nervous

Which is a good thing. And you recycling had nothing to do with it.