Is living 'off the grid' the ultimate redpill?

I don't want to be helpless when global economic collapse happens, when I finish my degree (I'm 19), I want to be as self-sufficient and have an urge to get away from this toxic modern society.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M0GAUeMz6fM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am making plans to buy some land next year and then I will be out of it all for good.

i am greek

>dying of scurvy
>potatoes freeze over winter, no food
>deer chews on your balls

I was an escapist too, I just grew out of it

That is my dream aswell!

Fuck Babylon, fuck the "modern" lifestyle. It is all about abomination and moral decay.

A small house and a secure property remote and away from the outfall when it all ends.

Watch as Sup Forums tweens in their comfortable homes will deny that, OP. They'll think their fridge, their computers, their smartjews will still work when SHTF.

nice shed

you use it often?

So you've accepted your role as a slave to the system? Yeah no thanks.

I was basically living off the grid for awhile at the beginning of this year. Me living in my shitty unlit trailer cooking ramen over a candle. No one had a fucking clue anyone even lived there till I finally got the lights back on. Landlord had a laugh at my expense.

>can't chop wood
>Can't make a fire
>can't eat 2 months old frozen barks
>can't resist a flu without 2 antibiotic classes

>thinks he can survive

I want to move before they start making it illegal. I saw an RT broadcast that in America they are making it increasingly difficult to do so.

Not really. I'm currently at my summer cabin. 2nd week here. I collect rain water, get electricity from a solar panel, grow my own potatoes, carrots, beets, berries, chives, I fish with my nets daily and I'm thinking about picking up trapping and maybe hunting at some point. Climate change has notably increased the ecological diversity of this island and there's plenty more animals here than before. Used to be a few moose and the occasional rabbit. Now there's deer, foxes, plenty of rabbits, geese, ducks, even storks, crows and ravens. The last three have never been found this far North and my older bird book places their northernmost habitats over a hundred kilometres South.
If I wanted, I believe I could honestly live here all year if I wanted. Would just need to buy salt and other preservatives to last the winter, or atleast the months with ice too weak to ski to the mainland.

They are trying their hardest by making some of the stupidest shit illegal. Like collecting rainwater, living in a house with no utilities.

I can make a fire and chop wood, not everyone on here is a completely domesticated townie. There's still a lot I need to learn and I can do that whilst at university.

>The last three have never been found this far North and my older bird book places their northernmost habitats over a hundred kilometres South.
Correction, the storks have never been this far North, but the ravens and crows have never before been out here on the islands. Now there's plenty, as if I was in the wilderness of Kainuu.

I don't understand about collecting rainwater. Is it because they want to you drink their fluoridated shit?

Meant to say that to you

It is illegal for me to be auto sufficient electrically.

>working 8hrs/day for hot water, food, electricity, cars, drugs and pussy
>slave

>working non-stop just to keep the bears away from your last 2 remaining potatoes
>IRON PILL RIDE THE TIGER BRAH PATRICIAN HOES WILL BE HOES MIND CONTROL THANKS FOR THE FILTERS ALEX

Honestly, most of us don't understand it either. I think its something about acid water because of pollution and such. Its retarded and only a thing in cities IIRC. Plus, its not like they actually police that kind of shit.

If you are smart, you live in a small town/a rural area. Police and sheriffs don't bother you over stupid shit until you get into a city.

Sheriffs are mostly bros, just an fyi.

The only thing I would miss is human interaction. As much as I dislike society as a whole I realise that there are good ones out there. I know that being by myself would not be mentally healthy as humans are social creatures, so preferably would have to find like minded individuals that would be willing to live the same lifestyle. A traditional woman would probably be enough company.

Personally once I'm off the grid I plan to live quite comfy.

Solar power etc.

It doesn't have to be a miserable caveman existence.

>bears
>UK
I'm pretty sure the only thing he'd have to worry about is feral pakis and gypsies.

Land ownership is the most redpilled position in society. Not suburban home ownership. Not I live here but the bank really owns it. Owning acreage, and managing your property instills a person with good morals and a virtuous outlook.

But are you happy though? Being on here tells me no.

They try to link it with the whole having reservoirs idea. That collecting water contributes to the overpopulation of insects and diseases. Most people know its bullshit.

When SHTF, will your jew masters still give you hot water, electricity and """drugs"""?

Fucking kill yourself.

They don't live out in the rural areas, they need civilisation to leach off of.

>working non-stop just to keep the bears away from your last 2 remaining potatoes
>implications
Farmers in the past worked less hours than we do now. Farming is a seasonal labour. You work a lot when tilling, planting and harvesting, but outside of that it's just maintenance and other methods of sustainability, fishing and hunting. Fishing doesn't take a lot of time and trapping can help with hunting a lot. Just scare off any bears that come your way with guns. Finnish bears are afraid of people, since any time they come close to habitation, they get either shot or chased out by hunters with trained dogs. The braver bears are weeded out of the breeding pool and the rest learn to not fuck with people. The same phenomenon has been seen amongst moose and deer. The less brave ones escape to the Russian side of the border during hunter season, whilst the brave ones get shot.

Being alone is something of an issue yes, but shitposting on Sup Forums does help I get a 3g connection through my mobile, since they built a mast on one of the larger islands a few kilometres to the south.

no I'm not happy, but I'm pretty sure having less things wouldn't make me happier. Despair is underrated, pic related.

capitalism will

that's just food. he needs shelter, warmth, entertainment (can you even imagine how much work it is to sow your own socks and draw faces on them just to have a shitty sock-theater to entertain yourself?), defense,...

Vargs video here resonates with what I'm looking for
youtube.com/watch?v=M0GAUeMz6fM

What are your odds of finding a decent traditional wife m8?

Are you nice looking and sociable?

I don't crave material objects, in fact the less I have the better I feel. Thats just me. Some people like to horde things too. You're kidding yourself if you think capitalism is doing yourself any favours. The fact that you wouldn't be able to survive without it tells you how disconnected we have become from our human nature.

>he needs shelter
That's what the cabin is for. Building a traditional log cabin is relatively fast and simple.

>warmth
Cut down a tree, cut it into logs and those into firewood. Dry them for the winter and in the spring you've got ample wood. There's no reason why you should abandon chainsaws and fuel if you want to live alone.

>entertainment
A laptop, a battery, a PSU, a solar panel and different generators. Lots of alcohol.

>can you even imagine how much work it is to sow your own socks and draw faces on them just to have a shitty sock-theater to entertain yourself?)
It's not really hard work. Knitting socks is easy.

All in all, you'll probably work less or as much a day as you do working in society. You'll get lonely sure, so you'd be better off going off the grid with a community.

No, but the freedom to live off the grid in the future should be a goal of whatever movement you are part of.

If you are able to live without modern anemities, you've chosen well but you will still need money to buy the things you cannot produce on your own, on top of property taxes of course

You'll be fucked when you hit old age as well

>You'll be fucked when you hit old age as well
You'll be better of then 95% of the wage slave goys anyway.

I believe I am, I keep in good shape (go to the gym 3 times a week +), have managed to keep a solid group of friends, although none of them are interested in this lifestyle. I would accept having a average looking traditional partner as I realise most women these days tend to crave decadence.

How can they even tell if you collect rain water?

How many police or officials peep over peoples' fences to inspect?

Nosy neighbors?

Is it just water collected from gutters? Way too sandy to keep that water where I am

Nope. Trying to perform self-sustaining work when you're 70 will break you. You'll be able to do some of it, but far less effectively. Every bump and fall will hurt something and take a long time to heal.

I don't think we should be living into our 100s anyway, the further we try to separate ourselves from natural life, the less happy we are I think. Simple living.

This guy gets it

How you gonna pay property taxes?

No one can truly live 100% off the grid these days. At least not while owning property.

You're supposed to have a family to take care of you and the harder labour at that age anyway. I personally want to live as long as I can, so long as I'm not in constant pain and still able to function.

>not claiming disability for autism and depression for those neetbucks
Play the game.

Isn't some portion of off the grid being away from society and undetected?

>off the grid
>receiving neetbux

Choose one

So how would you get internet in the middle of nowhere?

Though I guess that would be pointless trying to order stuff since most don't ship to PO boxes and most won't have an address

>off the grid
>paying property taxes

It depends on where you live. Some places encourage it. In Florida they'll give you a free rainbarrel if you take a half day class on water conservation. In Colorado you need a waiver to collect rainwater, and that's a recent thing, before that it was illegal. The big case most people are thinking of happened because some asshole diverted a stream to flow into three man made ponds on his property.

I have been lifting weights for several years in preparation for the collapse of society. Il be ready when it comes down to survival of the fittest. Iv'e been learning about survival with limited resources (building shelter, fishing without rod, hunting with homemade spears etc etc)

Ive been dreaming of the day that our way of life plummets into anarchy and I can loot and pillage like my great viking ancestors. I feel it in my blood, this is what i was meant to do. To taste the blood of manlets and become my true feral primitive self, I will be truly happy.

What are the odds of economic collapse? I don't think its very likely... Also when will it happen approximately?

>Iv'e been learning about survival with limited resources (building shelter, fishing without rod, hunting with homemade spears etc etc)
Why not purchase modern gear and survive properly? Act like a human and use the best tools available.

November 9st

>Ive been dreaming of the day that our way of life plummets into anarchy and I can loot and pillage like my great viking ancestors.

says the 17 year old NEET who spends most of his days eating hot spicy cheetos and browsing internet forums. LMAO

That's my point. You can't own land and be off the grid.
At best you could go way out innawoods and make a camp, but it would be rough as fuck and you would have no legal ownership of anything you built if you were discovered.

Even Eskimos and Siberian nomads still have communities of people with specialization.

I don't think anybody really knows, I believe that modern living is unsustainable. Without sounding like a hippy douche, we take too much from earth (natural resources) and give too little back. We are effectively living like parasites.

beautiful picture user

You sound very young m8. Bit embarrassing.

I mean, i have a shotgun and fishing rod in my house. I would more than likely take everything i could with me into the woods but im not living in an urban setting when shit hits the fan. Il establish my territory then shortly after start pillaging and looting. I will take a small team of loyal manlets under my wing who submit to my will and start from there to build a gang of raider elites to over take the new world.

Well I have a group on skype who are near ready to move. Just a few savings and learning of skills and we're done. No stormfaggotry or anything of the sort. Politics comes later, right now is more surival.

You sound just like the 19 in the group as well.

I hope user's idea of off-the grid living isn't like having an ATV, electronics, anything but hydropower or windpower, cosmetics, water treatment, power tools, fertilizer, commercial seeds, internet, sugar, oil, flour, clothing and all other consumer goods/services

There's a reason people traded in their autonomy for modern luxuries

Laws can prohibit you from felling trees, building shit, fishing, hunting, even foraging

It is nothing but a pipe dream, a romantic image of a bygone era

He's 19, you dumb ausnigger. Bit embarrassing on your end.

>He's 19
Yep just a kid.

This seems like a must

Filters almost 5,000 gallons of water

There are other smaller ones like it, but they're meant to attach to water bottles that you fill with water from a stream. Another one that is a filter with a straw that you drink straight from a stream as well.

Might be overpriced though

I don't know about police officers but there is a thing here in my town we call the alley nazi because she goes through the alleys inspecting what she can of peoples yards. Making sure the grass is mowed, seeing any vehicles without tags on them. I imagine this also applies to seeing anything strange like collecting rainwater.

Not really a must. Just collect rain water and boil it. Anything that's going to make you sick is too small to filter and unlikely to exist in the water in the first place, unless you live in some heavily populated shithole that lets sewage and feces into the water.

Ground water pump is probably a better idea than drinking rain water

Good luck to you, just out of interest, where would you be living? In the UK?

What difference does it make? Ground water is mostly rain water that has been saturated into earth from what I understand.

Long term, yes. A simple pump well will work you wonders and give water for an entire yard.

Anybody know of any good books on survivalism?

Just go to the 'bay and have a gander in the ebook section.

Rain water would potentially have more pollutants than ground water and would be a less steady/ reliable source potentially.

Download the foxfire books, they have lots of info on living off the grid.

>Rain water would potentially have more pollutants than ground water and would be a less steady/ reliable source potentially.
Depends wholly on where you live. Some regions might have pollutants in rainwater, whilst others have contaminated groundwater. Barring any radioactive material in the atmosphere, rain water should be healthier away from civilization.

Would you live in a self-sufficient community with maybe 15-20 likeminded (((white))) individuals?

Actually the best way to live off the grid is quite ironically going to the third world, you won't really be bothered by the government but keep in mind it'll be a lot more then just survival, you'll probably have to deal with militas or bandits.

>dat jabba's palace on the right

holy shit sign me up.

>drugs
degenerate

test

Just move to Alaska or Patagonia, learn all the fucking survival skills you need and live off the land.

>go to a third world country to live off the grid
>webm related a month later

Those are the ones the government would come after or try to infiltrate

>this is literally impossible here because of taxes and other state costs
>don't want to move to third world nation
I have scaled my dreams down to just making a self sufficient house out in the woods while still being a slave to the system

I lived honest to god off the grid for most of the 90s. I lived out of a 4x4 van and migrated with the weather and seasonal jobs. From logging, to fishing, to construcion, to heavy equipment maintenance, I did it all. I miss the fuck out of it now that im not nearly as nomadic.

>Living in a hot country
No thanks
Nice quads tho

Hence the last part of my post.

There is also this, as long as you avoid authority the law can do jack shit to you. There's people who drive around in cars which are run by vegetable oil despite modifications being relatively illegal here.

What hot country?
There is quite a few third world nations which are temperate or jungle environments.

Why did you come back?

>Capitalism will

Only if capital has the need to keep you alive.
Otherwise it wont.

>Jungle environments
I'm not a fucking rice muncher user, I hate humid weather. White men are adapted for colder environments.

Had twins to raise, settled down to be more stable for them. I still get to travel and whatnot for work, but its not the same. As soon as theyre out of the house Ill go back to it.

Based Varg know the way.

Then go to the temperate environments or blatantly stop complaining, if you want to live off the grid live off the grid. If you're too finicky on the destination then you might as well stay in your bricked terrace.

Nice cuck shed, OP

I'm not complaining I'm just not taking your shit advice about living in the 3rd world.

>an normal day in Ireland.

be clever fellow aussie bro and just save up cash and wait until we have nice solar panels ~2025 will be worthwhile to do the offgrid solar/generator/battery life.

>Shit advice
It isn't shit advice, it is a realtiy. The only way you'll get off the grid in everyway is by going to third world.

We maybe going to the U.S.

But if you remain here, then try last remaining areas.