This film was really good

This film was really good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OkijiU-J2Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=B5RMDmpyxaA
youtube.com/watch?v=FYGrnRCMKsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

Give me one fucking reason to watch it potato nigger?

You shouldn't. It doesn't have any superheroes in it lol. Booooring.

It's a lame attempt to machine-gun through modern Irish "isshoos".

is this a big enough reason

You bring fucking condescending with me prick? I'll introduce you to the back of my Anglo hand Paddy!

*being

It's a spectacular, beatiful, honest, charming and funny movie about not just the pedophile allegations against the catholic church, but also loneliness and depression, and it can also be seen as just a good character drama about a nice and decent man stuck in a place of horrible, strange and cynical people, and his comming destruction. Gleeson is brilliant.

What was so good about it?

You should watch this guys other films.

O-Ok, I'll check it out then

Brendan, you're not allowed to review your own films.

What does Sup Forums think of Doubt?

Yo why were you in Assassin's Creed? Did all yer scenes get cut or something?

Ofcourse I am. I'm perfect.

who says?

haven't seen it yet. is it as good as I've heard it is?

I need money.

>hire Dylan Moran
>don't let him tell any jokes

Why

agreed

I'm not one to feed into people's expectations, I think you should try to experience a piece of media as fresh as possible. But it's worth your time.

Calvary > In Bruges > Seven Psychopaths >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Guard

I meant this creepy motherfucker, to be specific, but certainly nothing wrong with Brendan Gleeson.

Calvary > In Bruges > The Guard > Seven psychopaths

youre forgetting lake placid m8

To me the main theme of it was the indifference. The priest didn't care for his job nor for the people of the village, he was apathetic to them and people reacted to him in the same way. It was really sad that because of it nobody could be helped and everyone at the end turned to be in the same shit position as at the start or even worse.
And the views were so comfy too.

poor doggo

I remember taking the exact same screenshot when i watched it

For you

seriously, who did that shit?

Calvary > The Guard > > In Bruges >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Literal white male milk toast piece of human garbage >>>>>>>>>>>>> Seven Psychopaths

Jonathan is supremely more talented than Malcolm. Although, credit where it's due - In Bruges is a great film.

Gleeson really is top 3 in Hollywood tier.

i watched it on youtube lol

Bartender apparently

>nigger cuck shit
>protag just rolls over and dies

nah it was pretty lame

how so? it been a while since i saw it.

Gleeson is a Jesus allegory who dies for other's sins at the end of the film. That's why the cover has a cross on his chest.

A++ Christian film.

Wore bandages later in the movie implying the dog fought back or something. Director said it in an intervew I think

He did what Jesus would have done.

I'm not even Christian and I found it poignant.

ohhh. thanks. that was bugging me.

He seemed to care about that old fellow who he always visited.

>priest didn't care for his job
>willingly dies for sins that aren't his

Pretty sure he took his job very seriously.

I think he did enjoy his company a bit more than the others, but I don't think he cared that much as he left him alone in the end and went to die. But, that's only my interpretation. The only one I think he truly cared for was the dog.

Sure he went on to die but he was a hollow man anyway so it's not like he cared for living.
What I meant by "he didn't care" is how he talked to people about their problems during the movie
>the depressed aristocrat begs for his help and goes as far as to piss on his most valuable painting while the priest just stared and nopes out
>the scene in the bar when the woman comes to him saying she's about to do something bad/or she did it and he just shrugs it off saying she should say a few prayers, which even she calls him on it
>the other priest who is leaving tells him he has the doubts about the faith and he just shrugs it off too
>when the church is burning no one notices, because no one gives a fuck about him, the guy from the pub is really chill when giving him the news

Someone post CIA karate.

CIA's actor wears the CIA outfit in the film

Calvary is undoubtedly the superior, In Bruges and the Guard are pretty close, but Seven Psychopaths is plebian trash

Excellent film. Some of the best acting i've ever seen.

I don't know what it is about religious movies that makes them so great to me. I haven't been religious in years, but Calvary, Tree of Life and now Silence are some of my favorite movies.

On top of that, his daughter forgives the man who murdered him. Seriously one of the most Christian movies I've seen.

>his daughter forgives the man who murdered him.
Movie ended on a cliffhanger before that, we don't know if she forgave him or not.

How many potatoes does it take to kill a bog paddy?

NONE!

LOL

Of fucking course she forgives him. What would be the fucking point in her coming to the prison just to tell him she hates him? The scene wouldn't need to be in the movie at all if that were the case.

Anyone got a link for the track that plays when he confronts his accuser at the end?
That was such a beautiful track.

It was ok, kinda like a modern watered down version of Diary of a country priest

His "accuser"?

youtube.com/watch?v=OkijiU-J2Vo
this one? The whole OST is great, kind of hard to track down though.

>movie is named calvary
>there are no mounted soldiers in it

wtf

I preferred the one with PSH and Streep. Doubt, I think?

The ending of this killed it.

Bruges has the best death of any film. When Gleeson hits the pavement and all of his limbs explode off of his body I lost my shit

I literally cannot remember one single part of Calvary. I honestly can't even remember if I liked it or not. Just that I've seen it.

agree, much better film

'twas

It felt cartoony. He was already bleeding to death from a shot in the fucking neck before jumping off a 10+ story tower and surviving long enough to talk to Colin's character.

For a movie that was fairly realistic up to that point, it felt out of place. Pretty emotional though.

>not remembering the bar fight
>not remembering the confrontation at the end
>not remembering the daughter's 10/10 looks
>not remembering
>not remembering CIA's nihilistic rambling at the hospital

There's plenty more to remember. Watch it again and pay fucking attention.

In Bruges > The Guard > Calvary >> Seven Psychopaths

This is the only correct answer.

Can you explain the appeal of the Guard? I was a bit drunk when I watched it and I didn't find it funny or the story very intriguing.

I really liked the dry humor, very much alike In Bruges. Other than that I think it's hard to explain why I like it and it is one of my favorite movies actually. It feels a lot like In Bruges and Calvary, they all have unique and intriguing plots with very entertaining dialogue and interesting characters.

I bet it is dog shit. Only because you liked it doesn't mean it's good. Now fuck off!

You know... when I first started out working at the agency, there was this big guy.
CIA brought him onto the plane.
A routine flight plan.
But the agent made a mistake.
Little guy ended up not being in charge here. For good.
Think of it!
Think when that little guy first regained consciousness. In the crashing plane. You'd think now is the time for fear, wouldn't you?
You'd be frightened in the kind of a way that you know the fear is going to end.
Has to.
Must.
Your agency couldn't be too far away.
They'll come to your rescue.
They'll talk to you.
But, think of it.
Nobody comes to rescue you.
No light is turned on.
You are in the dark.
You try to speak... but you can't.
You try to move... but you can't.
You try to cry out. But you are unable to hear your own screams.
You are entombed within your own plane.
Howling with terror.

jesus allegories are probably the laziest shit ever

even snyder does that shit, and yet nobody says his movies are good because of that

his other movies were pretty fucking awesome
id say that its good just because of all the praise ive seen around it, i dont want to watch it though

I really enjoyed this film.

not sure I'll ever watch it again desu

youtube.com/watch?v=B5RMDmpyxaA

GREAT COCAINE
youtube.com/watch?v=FYGrnRCMKsE