Can someone explain to me all the acclaim this snoozefest got?

Can someone explain to me all the acclaim this snoozefest got?

I always thought it was candy in her hair, huh

afrocentrist garbage

she does have a nicer voice than beyoncé though

She's beyonce sister

WE WUZ FEMINISTS AND SHEEEEIT

She's black so we have to feel sorry for her.
/thread

>she

she's so fucking ugly. I really want to punch her horse face

le woke black female meme

whole lotta incels ITT

In the moment a lot of musical journalists, being liberal and it being "2016" felt that because the production was good and she has a nice voice and spoke about being a black woman in america that they had to say it was the best album of the year because it was an album that could only happen in 2016 and it was the album black women needed

But the main audience to all these sites is white men so like everyone came thinking about how great they were for letting a millionaire get more publicity and moved onto their next album that they felt pushed the political message they want like sza or cardi b.

A good album is one people are still talking about the music years later which is why year in review lists are stupid and im much more interested in hearing albums that people have digested and know stand the test of time and not pop music with a super limited lifespan

only incel in this thread is you, you fucking cuck

I'd call her an industry plant but that's an insult to industry plants

black person does something give them a big round of applause

Who's that, actually?

>black
>famous sister
>woman

this is a liberals wet dream

"black excellence"

Oh I think you know why.

it got acclaim based solely on the fact that she is related to beyonce
no one listens to it anymore

what did he mean by this?

are we just not allowed to criticise pretentious, talentless divas who base their entire identity on their race and have no other subject matter to speak of? i can understand expressing your political and socioeconomical frustrations through your music but when every song is about the same fucking thing, are you really making music or are you making a political statement?

If you can listen to "Cranes in the Sky" without crying a little, congratulations, you're a sociopath.

its played almost weekly by the chick living in my apartment

You can feel the soy milk dripping off this post

I did like 3 times and didn't even shed a tear you fucking faggot. fuck off back to r/hiphopheads

sorry I should have said that nobodies listen to it

Sycophants

Why do soyboys brag about being emotionally manipulated by mass media?

lol why can't it be both cuck?

Trump supporters views on the "The Arts" are automatically invalid. Go listen to some Staind

*touches her hair*

doesn’t get more reddit than this

As bad as Staind is, at least their fans listen to it out of a natural attraction to the music rather than listening to something based on the self-moralizing posturing of multi-million dollar media outlets and their SEO diversity gambits.

it can. it's just shitty music when it's 80% politics and 20% actual music

The elevator incident. Not any of this political bullshit all of you are pulling.

Manufactured controversy that just happpened to coincide perfectly with the album release

sza is good though

Virtue signalling. That's literally it.
Album's like a 5/10 at the most

I've never been to reddit but he's unironically right. Conservatives have always had a tenuous relationship with the arts, and it has certainly gotten worse in the past two years.