>there are no violent mermaid movies just shitty ones about love
i'm truly suffering

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aK9gY3VLKU4
imdb.com/title/tt3171764/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make one

Ok, who should I cast?

Mermaid thread? Mermaid thread. These are always comfy.

there's a violent chinese mermaid movie

There are I remember watching 1 or 2 back in the day

You guys remember that one Disney movie The Thirteenth Year

Not talking about horror. Just a movie with mermaids playing a main part with their tits out and killing people.

Pitch me a story first. Don't put the cart before the horse, user.

It's not ultra violent but it is really fantastic.

what if you steal my plan and end up making the movie for yourself?

I have no interest in the material and know nothing about mermaids and shit. I just wanna help you

I'm writing a screenplay for Indiana Jones 5 and it features (dead) mermaids. Is this a mistake?

Make something original instead unless you have rights to the IP and all that shit.

Obligatory

youtu.be/aK9gY3VLKU4

Mermaid here. Leave my people alone you pencil-neck nerds.

Why dead mermaids?

>Not talking about horror. Just a movie with mermaids playing a main part with their tits out and killing people.
how would that not be a horror film exactly

He forgot to feed them before he went on holiday (a luxury cruise).

the film's from their perspective, maybe?

not what you're looking for but there's a serbian horror about mermaids imdb.com/title/tt3171764/
haven't seen it but i heard it's utter shit

Yo isn't that the one where the kid turns 13 and turns into a merman because that's what he is but his family adopted him or whatever?

Title?

Haven't really though of it in awhile. Kind of origin story as to why mermaids do the siren thing and lure ships. Didn't have an ending either.
>mid 1600's
>piracy still taking off
>europeans full on discovery of the world
>european ships constantly report sighting of mermaids but keep it hush hush
>one of said ships crashes on island after storm
>stumbles upon mermaids
>frail and qt mermaids only eat fish and survive off fresh water lake on island (their body can convert sea water but not at fast enough pace to survive long periods without fresh water intake)
>mermaids fascinated by their shiny swords and jewelry
>they end up stealing them and bringing them to an area by their lake
>fight ensues because mermaids stealing shit and ship crew restless/scared never leave island
>one of the dead body falls into lake and mermaids freak out
>captain realizes this and forces mermaids to find another ship so they can leave island or they poison water and all die
>they agree
>they find another ship but this ships captain too excited to see naked mermaid and pilots ship into reef near island
>mermaids see all the shiny gold/silver as ship sinks
>end up taking that back to island
>captain pissed but one of crew members sees an opportunity to live life on island preying on ships and mutiny happens
>continue to lure ships to death and hoard treasure
>some mermaids find some of the men qt on the ships they destroy
>end up taking them to a different island nearby to care for them
>pirates eventually find out about this island of treasure
>fights ensue as they try get there
>they actually land on mermaid man-harem island
>mermaids attack pirates
>men on island help because they like being cared for or they're hypnotized
>big fight then something happens

Because Indiana Jones 5 is going to be terrible and I want to write my version before the new one affects my creativity. Also I have a handful of original stories that I'm more interested in.

Because Harrison Ford talking to a cgi mermaid would be terrible, but finding cryptozoological skeletons that he thinks are fake is interesting.

Yeah his moms a Mermaid and is getting chased by some guy in his boat

Sounds messy and boring, but I like that it's focused on a specific island.
Needs a biologist/not pirate main character. although It would be tough to do it without ripping off the relationship in pirates 4.

>big fight then something happens

That third act tho

My take that you might not like:
>experienced pirate captain comes to a port looking for new crewmen, 10~ crewmen preexisting.
>protagonist joins because he's to poor to eat
>captain tells the crew they are looking for El dorado
>it's on your mermaid island, the new crewmen are the "bait" to get on shore without disaster
>mermaids horde treasure in lake
>turns out there's a giant sea monster they are paying tribute to/they are his "children"

Never make a movie underwater.

I forgot about that movie until you brought it up. Wasn't he a oddly a great swimmer too, like on the swim team and shit? I can't remember but his dad always warned him against going into the ocean. He said because it's dangerous but he didn't want his mom to find him or he didn't want him to transform or whatever.

What a weird premise for a movie but I remember I kind of liked it as a kid.

Yeah, haven't thought that deeply into it. Trying do avoid le grand adventure across the seas just because of potc. But definitely non-pirate main character, maybe some aspiring captain who is just a random crewmember that gets captured by the mermaids then teaches her about the world and the english language which turns into him leading an escape along with the mermaids freedom..but they end up still preying on ships of their own freewill.

Underwater movies are almost always too shallow tbhqh.

Could also do Polynesians vs mermaids, but that would require an entirely different subject to research.

Or you could go full Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter and just make Darwin vs the Mermaids

>protagonist joins because he's to poor to eat
why not just pressgang him

>He hasn't seen the Steven Chow one.

Thanks for the term user. Is that the same as being shanghaied??

Also the protagonist willingly joining is better, unless he becomes the king of the mermaids to escape imprisonment.

fuck

Sea monster would be good. I like having mermaids as a large part of a movie but not he main focus. Mermaids seem like they would be better from behind the scenes type deal..
>manipulating the men to their desire
>luring ships/people

>early in the movie a group of guys follows the mermaids in a rowboat while the rest of the crew tries to scream sense into them.
>end of movie they are the pampered hypnotized ones who protect the mermaid's treasure.

Also I'm a fan of twist endings:
>mermaids are actually hoarding iron, to weigh down a cover on a giant undersea well
>mermaids die
>Call of Cthulhu

that's actually ... prettty cool. good idea user

>as movie goes on the slaves carry treasure to well
>cave drawings on wall there
>slaves pay no attention because hypnotized
>mermaids die
>looters come
>they take treasures weighing down well
>notice cave drawings on way out because they are moving much slower thanks to the treasure
>Call of Cthulhu

Nice.

>watch literally every siren movie
>none of them make wee-oo wee-oo noises
why the fuck is this allowed?