youtube.com/watch?v=3PT8uUMvwPA
youtube.com/watch?v=Dn7SBQ6X5HU
youtube.com/watch?v=GTpfQqgzRmM
youtube.com/watch?v=quW2HGlnbU4
youtube.com/watch?v=6OlOZAlHwSk
youtube.com/watch?v=gf5c_49P_4c
youtube.com/watch?v=6AnRDYLvP1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(OP here, accidentally pressed enter in the title section.) We had a thread like this a while ago, and it was one of the best I've ever seen on Sup Forums. I'll go first:

A combination of emo-esque power pop with the same grooves that you'd seen in a funk album. To add in a little flavor, you'd add a little bit of Japanese influence to it.

kevin drumm and Sunn O))) collaborate on a monolithic as fuck noisy drone album like Sheer Hellish Miasma and Monolith and Dimensions combined

>inb4 Sunn O))) have collaborated with Merzbow

Merzbow is a fucking meme and has never released anything of note

Shoegaze with tribal drumming and an apocalyptic dreamy feeling

How about instead we describe albums we wish didn't exist? I'll start

I'm thinking of an yellow album with a clownesque character on the front of it. The album is overall very uninspired and tries so hard to be interesting that it's not at all. What album is this?

person pitch except black metal

>Merzbow is a fucking meme and has never released anything of note
people who say this are so out of touch with reality.

Sloppy noisy punk a-la hex enduction era fall but made entirely with samples and electronic instruments, not unlike MPP

classic political british punk except with synths as a main instrument

I disagree with your comment on Merzbow, but a Kevin Drumm/Sunn O))) collaboration would by godly.

explain?

just psych black metal with samples and reverb?

The drumming in The Power of Independent Trucking mixed with Shoegaze guitars

daysoo fampai I can't believe this doesn't already exist. Punk but with synths doesn't seem like a particularly experimental idea.

like a shoegaze current 93?

ehh maybe some of this, not 100% samples (I don't think) but still electronic youtube.com/watch?v=3PT8uUMvwPA

Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese

oh fuck that'd be cool

Early AnCo x John Coltrane

I believe they call this "synth punk"
youtube.com/watch?v=Dn7SBQ6X5HU
youtube.com/watch?v=GTpfQqgzRmM

was thinking more like a shoegaze version of early amebix

Tool - New Album

I know Suicide but I wouldn't call that punk. I specifically meant political british energy-and-attitude punk with synths. Not slow moody post-punk with synths.

youtube.com/watch?v=quW2HGlnbU4
Chairs Missing might also fit the brief

New York

damn NOW we're talking

youtube.com/watch?v=6OlOZAlHwSk
The Fall are always worth checking out if you're interested in exploring the full spectrum of punk music. The track Masquerade on this is incredible

An album that's basically a different genre for every song it has. Example:

Track 1: Shoegaze
Track 2: Industrial Hip-Hop
Track 3: Americana
Track 4: Black Metal
Track 5: IDM
Track 6: Alternative Rock
Track 7: Disco
Track 8: Avant-Garde Jazz

Basically the all in one album. And if a band pulled that off with all of it flowing together in some sort of way? Fucking hell thatd be a masterpiece.

Something sampled-based, plunderphonics, but very structured. Like Dispepsi. People Like Us's Welcome Abroad almost fits that description but that one seems to require knowing the sample sources and most of them, specially the 60s songs samples, I don't quite know.

Not exactly a single genre each song but various Beck albums jump between folk, hip-hop, pop and metal seamlessly.

you know how triathlons are pretty fucking terrible at all 3 sports compared to dedicated athletes?

yeah...

Mr Bungle?

the final track is just an interview with the band

That new MGMT album?

Literally The Beach Boys Today!

>deafheaven releasing a 2 and a half hour sunbather 2.0 with the same production and feel but with some strings in the slow sections

>trip hop beats, strings, shoegaze elements, but with jennifer charles on vocals moaning sexy lyrics (bowery electric - lushlife comes close to this)

>nine inch nails album but with robert de naja vocals

mr bungle - disco volante/california

A post rock/shoegaze/space rock album composed by Michael Gira and Jonny Greenwood with access to orchestra's and choirs. Essentially I want it to sound like if Gira and Greenwood had access to the entire band from Spiritualized's Radio City Music Hall performance. My goal is to make music like this.

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots except with a good second half

An album released by me

an album that takes the murky depths of DPE's "Liumin" and THC's "Excavation", throws it below the glistening "heatwave-core" guitar textures of Bowery Electric's "Beat", and drives it with the percussive style of Burial's "Untrue", finally combining it with highly experimental and - at times - almost imperceptible sample-based soundscapes for an additional layer of atmospheric depth

Daft Punk - Alive 2017

Everyday Chemistry. But the actual good one.

Sgt Pepper style Hip Hop album

An orchestral sorta rap-rock album. Funky bass and guitar riffs and rapping backed up with strings and horns.

A decent progressive "emo".
I wish modern emo would detach a little from their punk roots and show some decent skills and actual odd meters instead of easy syncopations.

Protomen Act 3

I want an album that features Jimi Hendrix on guitar and vocals and Jaco Pastorius on bass with new music from both of them on it

Big 4 of Thrash Metal Combine for an hour long album under the name The Big 4

Dream prog.

Mr. Bungle

A real follow up to Beach Boys Smile

I just realized how fucking cool that would be. Thanks user.

that sounds like disco rap. is disco rap a thing?

(previous post)
I can’t stop thinking of how badass a combination between the Sex Pistols and the Cars would be now. Shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=gf5c_49P_4c
youtube.com/watch?v=6AnRDYLvP1o

gorrliaz plastic beach but damon did a track with brian wilson

Metallica but shoegaze

just one mean sounding guitar and one mean sounding drum machine, nothing else

Madchester revival but done by americans

Animal Collective doing a Mostly instrumental dance record with little to no lyrics for any singing parts just harmonies between avey/panda/deak with sample heavy organic sounding music produced by james murphy

Big Room Lowercase

You should check out l'orange's The Night Took Us. Far away from your description, yet a bit closer

I want an album that sounds like Mercury Rev jamming with The Orb circa 1991

Slowcore but with trap beats. Think Red House Painters mixed with migos

do you mean like closer by nine inch nails guitar? or like royal blood tone guitar?

frank zappa's 'apostrophe' but everything's somehow a bit bossa nova outta nowhere