Welcome to Film Appreciation. We're going to go around the room, and and I want everyone to say their favorite movie

>Welcome to Film Appreciation. We're going to go around the room, and and I want everyone to say their favorite movie.

How do you respond?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A
thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=david_lynch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've seen too much and done too little to ever be able to claim anything as "favorite."

Cabin in the Woods

>Film? I'm sorry Miss, I only watch Kino

Fifth Element or Princess Bride, depending on the ratio of women in the class.

>Triumph of the will
Then I giggle like a retard and squirm in my seat, while everyone else in the classroom looks at me in disgust

The Shining

TDKR, obviously

>I don't watch movies or films, I watch only the purest of kinography, like Batman v Superman

Sorry, I was busy looking at that girl's feet.

ARMY OF DARKNESS FAGGOTS

Problem Child 2

>*slow clap* congratulations you just earned yourself a ticket to Filmania University

>first day of film studies class
>students get asked this question
>go through the list of all my favorite movies
>can't think of anything that doesn't make be look like a try-hard pseud
>my turn suddenly comes up
>accidentally blurt out Citizen Kane
>entire class laughs at me
>tfw have to drop course and give up on dream of being a great film director

They are not that great

I said 2001. My favorite film is actually Grizzly Man but I didn't want to appear to be the king of pretentiousness so I just went with 2001. Admittedly though even that was too pretentious and I probably should have just said something by Tarantino like 60% of the rest of the class.

This was last year, senior year high school.

this

Le Ravageur

Thriumph Of The Will (1933)

>pay money to learn how to be entertained
And I thought getting dog shit into the house is the dumbest thing murricans do

Jurassic Park

>Suicide Squad of course. I truly feel that Jared Leto's portrayal of the Joker truly represents me!!! XD Rawr

In all seriousness, though, I'd say Apocalypse Now or Goodfellas

FOR YOU

Star Whores

Satantango, any other answer and desu you are lieing to yourself.

D.W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation

kek

Because movies are about making money

Truman Show

Water Lillies.

Poor Little White Boy Volume III

Tipping the Velvet.

>Nobody is even watching
>Is she on her phone?
>I wonder if that Mexican is illegal
>Does he even understand the actors?
>My back hurts
>The instructor doesn't understand the significance of this shot at all
>Why is everybody talking?
>Why isn't the instructor stopping them?
>The film list for the class is terrible
>I wonder if my underwear is showing
>I just adjusted a second ago so I have to wait
>Does anyone else hear that hum?
>This projector really ruins the visual quality
>I wonder if the girl next to me notices how great my doodles are
>Did I silence my phone?
>That Muslim guy looks mad today
>I wonder if I really could kill if it came down to it
>Why can't I just watch this at home
>Why is it taking us so many class periods to finish this movie
>I can't believe this is costing me money
>My feet hurt

Manhunter

How do people have favorite things? I don't understand.

>ironically said transformers
>no one laughed
>just a couple of smug smirks

À bout de souffle

Ishtar

kek you're an insufferable faggot
end it now

Not sure if i would say phantom of the paradsie as its my actual fave or something a bit better known like the warriors or somthing
nice

Problem Child 2

>while everyone else in the classroom looks at me in disgust
Kids are too dumb nowadays to even know what that kino is. They'd probably nod amongst themselves like you mentioned an unknown band to a hipster.

>not maladolenscenza

faggot

GOD TIER
>pedestrian yet lowkey contrarian answer (e.g. Terminator 1, Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi, etc.)

TOP TIER
>Patrician yet non-pseud answer (e.g. The Godfather, The Shining, etc.)

LOW TIER
>Tarantino or any other tryhard normie response (e.g. Wolf of Wall Street, Forrest Gump)

SHIT TIER
>Shit that exudes pretension and you should keep to yourself (e.g. Lynch,

A Talking Cat!?! (2013, DeCoteau)

>you say Dune and the teacher asks you to explain yourself

Sorry I prefer /ll/, the fingering scene is kino.

I don't know how anyone can like Terminator 1. It insists upon itself.

Because it's got a character named after Trump LOL! GOD EMPEROR TRUMP DUES VULT!

It was a documentary

White Heat

Goodwill Hunting

>It insists upon itself.

What does that even mean?

I know what you're quoting so, HUR DUR REDDIT FAMILY GUY HUR DUR GET OUT BACK TO LELEIDITTY xDD

Does it?

>I didn't went to no film school, i went to movies

luckily there is a place for these masters of wit to meet and riff

the internet algonquin round table

It takes itself too seriously.

Evil Dead 2

Because it actually is my favorite movie and also because it's not pretentious

Yes. God Emperor of Mankind. People forced that terrible meme, using 40k as the basis, when 40k copied Dune.

Pic related.

Pretty Baby

I watched the Evil dead when I was like 17 and weed LMAO. One of the most uncomfortable and creepy movies I've ever seen.

I watched Evil dead 2 drunk a few years ago, honestly one of my favorite movie experiences.

End of Evangelion

ED2 is just an endlessly enjoyable movie. It's just so much fucking fun, in a way that doesn't feel cheap or derivative or corporate-producty like so many other "fun" movies.

I thought you meant that Dune had a character named after Donald Trump. I know that Sup Forums used the God-Emperor thing for Trump already.

I like the meme because Dune's God-Emperor was basically a space Muslim. Sad!

Cock Hungry Whores 5
But you have to see all of them in order to understand the complex and cerebral plot.

Rat Race.

>40k copied Dune.
dredd and 2000ad as well

>one time i was taking a sci-fi english class, we saw eraserhead, the teacher asked if anyone knew lynch, obviously i said yes and people looked at me like i was weird

>*AHEM*
>cautiously tips my fedora and respectfully give a single nod to the qtest girl in the room
>"That's a loaded question ma'am, but I'll try to give you a straight forward answer"
>everybody in the room gasps
>"What is cinema? What defines cinema? A set of arbitrary rules imposed by the system? No ma'am, cinema or as we connosieurs call it, kino, is a feeling. An Experience out of this world."
>Everybody looks bewildered at my explanation and the chads looks furious at me and at my MLP shirt.
>"Years ago, men created a false deity that they can venerate and call that entertainment. I call that banality. If you want to experience kino you'll have to go to the movies, as the once wise man Tarantino said a long time ago. Now if you'll excuse me I'll have to experience my own kino."
>teleports behind the teacher and leaves the room in glory
>As I'm leaving: youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

user: Tutor, what is your favourite film?
Tutor: ___________
user: *drops class*

Fill in the blank.

40k copied a lot of shit, I never denied that, but that's why people like it. Star Wars EU copied a load of shit from 40k. So what? Who cares. Fucking Marvel copy and pasted 40k models and designs into their comics and played them off as their own creations. People do it all the time. At least GW ran with it and made it it's own thing. A group of nerds combing all the cool shit they liked from the 70-80's and then making a gumbo pot, which then turned into a unique thing, is a neat thing in it's own right.

They all copied the Imperial cult of ancient Rome you filthy plebs.

People who like David Lynch movies are idiots.

>My favorite film? I doubt you ever heard of it. You see? I watched the entire Empire film without pausing a single time. I guess you never even heard of Empire, right?! Ha!

>not ending it with you walking to the door, swishing your cape, tripping over it and then crawling out of sight as stuff falls out of your pockets

Just like your life, it could have been good, instead it was laughable and utterly banal.

Rosemary's Baby

>Lynch
>Shit
annihilate yourself

you too

I know this is a controversial opinion, but Transformers 2 is the greatest film ever made.
I know, I know. How can I say that? The original Transformers is a contemporary classic afterall that left Optimus Prime in all of our hearts
Well, I think people are blinded by nostalgia. Transformers 2 delivers on every aspect the original did but better

It's a shame Transformers 3 was so bad eh?

Do you not have anything in your life that, no matter what else comes after it, you can easily return to because you enjoy it? Like a game or food or hobby? Because that's basically a "favorite thing" and I can't imagine someone who doesn't have something like that.

Shoah

I actually never saw a David Lynch movie, but I read this thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=david_lynch

And maybe I don't need to watch it, because I trust his opinion.

Schindlers list

what about de souffle?

Chelovek s kinoapparatom.
For you plebs in the class, and you know who you are, that's Man With A Movie Camera, 1929, the boldest work and purest form of art available
Go educate yourselves you pleb simpletons
And then the teacher would tell me that I have no need for their class and hand me a degree
And if the teacher was female, we'd have really hot passionate sex

But most film-studies teachers are male and this is why I don't study it

Star Wars (1977) is legitimately my favorite movie.

Muppet Treasure Island

It's funny because my favourite film is actually Muppet Treasure Island

Birth of a nation. The original one.

I took this once and half of the answers were recent Marvel movies. I ended up failing because apparently I don't appreciate film.

L-london?

>I bet you all have a Netflix subscription or in the worst case scenario download movies from Yify to watch on your '13 laptops without even the proper headphones. I mean, how pleb can you all be?

explain this meme

Suicide Squad.

Harley is my waifu.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)

My university is offering this film course for the spring semester.

Would you take it, Sup Forums?

Lawrence of Arabia

i'm autistic so no, but it sounds cool. interesting topic at least.

room 237

absolute kino

its more than just the imperials that 40k stole from tho.

i aint saying its bad dude, dredd was a rip off death race and dirty harry anyways, only mentioned it as a point of intrest

I like Gremlins 2

The Dark Knight Rises