Sportsbetting general

General thread. Lets talk about everything betting related.

Lets be honest here, whats your actual results if you summarize your betting history?

I'm probably +/- 0, even, on normal bets. Definitely red numbers on real bookies (SBO, Pinnacle) but green numbers on euro bookies (William Hill, Betsson, Nordicbet, Betway ,Ladbrokes etc)

. But made tens of thousands of € on bonuses. Must have made at least €50k on bonuses since I started betting 8 years ago.

>probably
How do you not have an exact figure?

Unless you have been using one single spreadsheet since you started betting, how are you supposed to know?

I havent done that.

Join the discord

Elaborate

The discord is the most autistic thing /bet/ has ever spawned, you HAVE to have a gimmick i.e. something autistic you do or you'll get kicked

Discord? As in that chat app? Whats the point of using those stupid apps when there is a perfectly fine and functional site (this one) for international shitposting.

he got kicked
HAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Newfag here, what beginner advice do you have?

1. Apply Bank roll management when betting, aka dont put all eggs in one basket.

2. Create a spreadsheet to keep track of all your bets. Makes it easy to see patterns, strengths, weaknesses etc

3. Value bet on all soft bookies until you are limited. (aka place bets on lame european bookies who target recreational average Joe bettors. These bookies often have lines/odds that are totally fucked = lots of value. After a few bets they will limit your maximum wager amount to €1, or close your account)

4. This is where the hard knock life begins. You are now banned/limited from all soft european bookmakers and have to resort to bookmakers with extremely sharp (aka hard to beat lines) such as SBObet, Pinnacle, 5dimes. Most people dont stand a chance to profit in the long run on these sites. I must admit I personally struggle to break even here.

Fortunately for us northern Europeans there are a shit ton of bookies here that offer bonuses all the time (free bets, deposit bonuses etc) and this is what its all about, at least for me. I very rarely place "normal bets" these days, but only abuse these offers.

difference between sharp and european bookmakers.

Let's talk about some typical misjudgements in betting.

>bet on a football match live
>2 minutes later there is a substitution that completely changes an equilibrium your bet relied on

>underestimate the influence of the referee or any judge in sport on the outcome

>not accepting that your idea was wrong and attribute a losing bet to bad luck and then you double down on the same mistake or repeat the same idea because of your ego

No one makes actual money from betting. Enjoy being scammed.

Not true. Those that do are few however. But as I said, we get tons of bonus offers at our euro bookies which is easily transformed into risk free money. Lots of people make a few hundred € each month by abusing these offers.

good job swedebro

Bets for today?

Not something I achieved due to knowledge. I mostly bet on leagues and teams I never even heard of, just followed line movements and pounded on odds that stood out.

Thats how you abuse value on euro bookies and get yourself banned after a few bets.

oh teach me based swede

>tfw probably slightly up due to small sample size

Arent non-danish bookies blocked in Denmark?

Nope, not that i know of. The only real danish bookies we have is Danske Spil and Bet25. All others are foreign.

Ah I see, if you were Swedish I would have been able to teach you how to build a risk free bankroll for betting by abusing welcome first deposit bonuses on different bookies.

And after that, when you have made a sum you can use for betting, start abusing value odds - which will get you limited, but also make you some money.

Pretty hard to describe what to do in english tho, and I dont know which bookies you have etc

Some good bets in the discord today, thanks Hass

good to see /bet/ rising from the ashes

how is Hass?its been a while

I see. i understand it. I'll try to abuse somebody tonight.

lmao I'd forgotten all about how pathetic /bet/ was

literally bullied off Sup Forums

If you tell ppl Your betting strategy they'll copy it and the odds will even out. You're not very smart are you?

I've been wondering this
What exactly happened?

people thought it would be a good idea to go to discord

lmao fags

what is THE bet today lads

He's UAC, 20% yield in Asia over the past month

fuckin ell doing alright then, is he only on discord nowadays

He's on tipstertube too, vers- something picture is a fox

he killed basi booms then?

Still the King of /bet/

is lille women a trap?

He's had about 4 accounts

Spreadsheet Dutchman?

haha no way, basi booms was the shit though
wonder how tinder is going for him

That strategy will get you limited quickly, since bookmakers dont like players who beat their lines. I am already limited on all euro bookies, most at least, so I dont care if others use the same tactics - I cant bet anylonger anyway so...

He's had a gf for the past 3 months

don't talk to me maggots

nothings changed, good to see you again

Hope you're well friend, I read the post you made about how you're a fraud. Made me sad

There's like 50 losers circle jerking eachother in a discord group.

Kids are faggots lmao

Hey jiri

Actually it's Juve la

Parlay Tennessee and Texas am & gay. Sure money.

he can even profit on tinder then

M8 we dont bet on Handegg on this continent

Up £4,000, stopped in feb though and bought a few things for myself; just started up again last week with a fiver and up £60

You can

but we don't

Yeah but why would we want to watch black overweight men run around with a handegg for 12 seconds before 10 minutes commercials. Repeat.

200 SEK [€21] risk free bet placed on M. Berg - Anytime goalscorer for Sweden vs Belarus @ 2.50

100 SEK [€10.50] risk free bet placed on E. Forsberg - Anytime goalscorer for Sweden vs Belarus @ 4.0

Wew, I'm really getting rich if my guys score....PL and Bundesliga starts were better, got several risk free 500 SEK bets [€53] instead of these shitty small ones.

I recently got into betting (really recently; Mayweather v McGregor) and I've been looking for a /bet/ thread. I'm just betting for fun at the moment. I'm not looking to make loads of money; I just want to stay afloat with what I have and not have to deposit money in. Best way to go about this?

I've played poker for a while, so I know about bankroll management, but otherwise I'm pretty clueless.

>not accepting that your idea was wrong and attribute a losing bet to bad luck

I bet on Bosnia and over 1.5 goals the other day, but Bosnia choked away a 2 goal HT lead. I can count that as bad luck right? I get the point though. I have made some 'bad luck' bets that were probably just bad full stop.

Go through every single bookie available and use their free bets.

I will do eventually. I want to git gud before I do though, so I don't waste all that free money.

v a l u e o d d s

This is how I did it. Just used oddsportals dropping odds function to find value odds.

1. Only bet on games that take place during the current day. Bets on games a few days ahead, well, the odds will usually bump up and down alot days before so the risk is you havent found a real value bet.

2. Dont bet if Pinnacle/SBO/Dafabet/5dimes are offering the same odds as you are getting on the european bookie, that means it isnt a value bet because those bookies I mentioned above are sharp bookies.

So you don't do any research on the actually bet itself, you just use the fact that the odds are shortening to suggest it's a good bet?

That would save me some time. When I've done some background work and actually made bets on solid data I've done alright; I've mostly lost on spur of the moment bets.

To clarify, the value bet here is to bet at mybet, they are offering 2.40 - while the other bookmakers have their odds at home team dropping due to some information.

To clarify, I havent done this for 2 years since I am limited on all bookmakers aka they wont let me bet more than €5. Some even totally closed my account, Betvictor did as an example.

But when I did it, no, ofc no research. I bet on Moroccan league, Thai league, Saudi league, Norwegian 3rd divison, Algerian League, South African league, Canadian league etc etc.

The whole idea is to take advantage of bookmakers that are slower to change their odds when the market reacts to newly published information, or to some really "elite tipsters" placing heavy bets on some team.

The slowest bookies that I made most of my € from was without a doubt William Hill and Betway. I could be getting 3.60 at some Thai league team while other bookies had their odds drop down to 2.90 already, with it ending up at 2.10 when the odds closed and the game beginning. Thats a heavy value bet.

Also remember to always avoid placing a bet if the sharp bookies that dont limit people offer the same odds. If the majority of the european bookies have the odds dropping for lets say, Man Utd against Chelsea, and they now offer an average odds of 2.1 for Man Utd, with the only bookie still offering 2.7 for Man Utd is Ladbrokes. You could think "OMG, value alert!" - but if I would see Pinnacle (sharp bookie) also offering around 2.6-2.7 for Man Utd - I would know theres no value in that odds at Ladbrokes.

I hope you get some of it, I'm not that good at explaining.

Eding 0.0 @1.8 is a large

>I bet on Bosnia and over 1.5 goals the other day, but Bosnia choked away a 2 goal HT lead. I can count that as bad luck right? I get the point though. I have made some 'bad luck' bets that were probably just bad full stop.

Of course there are also the good bets you lose. Where you should try to feel good about yourself because it was the "correct play". The hard part is not deluding yourself. A lot of people only focus on and mention their bad luck and not their luck.

Another common mistake: Putting too much weight on conveniently available information and not trying to dig up more information.

Are you the Swede with the big roll?

I have never posted in Sup Forums prior to today, so I think not. But most Swedish flag posts in this thread are mine.

I totally get what you're saying. Like I said, I play poker and the concept of Expected Value (EV) is paramount in poker. Good (+EV) plays which end up losing are far better in the long run than bad (-EV) plays which suck out.

Of course you can be happy when you win money betting/playing badly, but just because you won doesn't automatically make it good.

>But when I did it, no, ofc no research. I bet on Moroccan league, Thai league, Saudi league, Norwegian 3rd divison, Algerian League, South African league, Canadian league etc etc.

I'm betting on this kind of stuff, but I'm also doing research on it. Should I stop doing that? For example, is me. I searched online for ages to find the league website and look up previous results.

No need to research your bets and hold any actual knowledge until you are limited to sharp bookies. Just follow the value.

1/2 my boy

niiiice

This exactly, but you need autistic patience, I have a friend who bets as a full time job, he bets on small ass leagues and has to research shit loads, he has been banned on some sites, also he doesn't blow cash on roulette like my dumb ass

>Betting on Bosnia

*2/2

this is nothing new lmao matched betting and the concept of value bets is not a secret, everyone knows it.

Yet the average Joe knows nothing of it. But no, its not "a secret".

go play somewhere else kid

For me, it's arbitrage betting.

Just got screwed over. Bet on BTTS and a home win at 9/4.

85 minutes in, with a 6-1 scoreline, Sky decided it was void...

what happened to /bet/?

Everyone lost their money?

Came here to ask this. Getting back into betting and there's no one to banter with.

>there's no one to banter with

This thread has 27 posters. I think it's just that we're not all here at the same time.

sup

Nm u

same la just getting the spready in order

How do I, as a dumb burger who is no where near Atlantic City or Vegas, nor do I know any bookies, make bets on sporting events with even a hope of being able to claim my winnings (assuming that there are any).

>being this much of a loser
>not knowing what bovada is

Jesus Christ lmao

Bovada has shit line pricing but they're the biggest betting sites that will take americans. Most other sites will only take crypto.

Question for you experienced bet-men:

Is going with the expected result usually a decent idea when doing an accumulator if mixed in with some unexpected results that seem feasible and offer good value? if so, at what point do i stop slashing my odds? i.e 10 fold/15 fold/17 fold. etc

Shut up Muslim lmfao

Go shoot yourself in the head, lardass

>when doing an accumulator
Don't do that.

LADS

When is the reunion? Euan, Hass, Juve, Elanor Rigby are needed

t. Sand nigger

Join the discord

These people are the reason why /bet/ is dead

Betting is depressive