ITT: Band names that make no sense

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/Slowdive-slowdive-lyrics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neutral Milk Hotel

Led Zeppelin

how does someone even think of this string of words

Blue Oyster Cult

Any band name that's just three random words is bound to make very little sense.

Jeiebdichsiklaopqldbcywjanudo

This

/thread

That actually makes more sense than any of these other names so far though.

Quite some time ago I remember someone telling me that Stone Temple Pilots got their name after looking at an oil drum that said STP and guessing what it meant

wtf is a slowdive

Pink Floyd
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Big Audio Dynamite
Jawbox

>Pink Floyd
Floyd got their name from 2 of syds favorite jazz artist i believe

It's a shit name, so is Swirlies

they were bluesmen; pink anderson and floyd council

Sonic Youth is a funny name

Their name came from Entwistle and Moon from The Who saying that if they formed a super group with Plant and Page it would go over like a “lead balloon,” as in be useless. Page liked the phrase “lead balloon” and changed balloon with zeppelin to make it sound cooler and spelt lead like led so it wouldn’t be pronounced like leed or something. I apologize for my lazy grammar.

I dunno, that name makes sense to me. Wouldn't pilots of all people really need to have a stone temple?

Big Audio Dynamite makes sense, but it's kinda lame.

They thought the logo looked cool is all. They first called themselves Shirley Temple's Pussy by the way.

I think they mainly liked it because they could use the acronym BAD, because they were bad punk bois.

The The, it makes no sense when you think about it. It's one of those 'I guess someone has to do it' names

Aha lmao. Didn't know that

Henry Cow
Six Organs of Admittance
The Legendary Pink Dots
Sunburned Hand of the Man

Iwestledabearonce. I mean, what's that even supposed to mean? I wrestle dab ear once?

Acid Mothers Temple

one good song, maybe 2
are they still on the go?

I'm not sure, they might be done for.

Mother Love Bone

genius.com/Slowdive-slowdive-lyrics
it means they're doing drugs

The Velvet Underground
Arctic Monkeys

either retarded or bait

Anal Cunt

Death Grips. Unless it's a reference to having a numb dick from jacking their dicks too often.