Competing Thread with VOTE NOW TO BAN RAP FROM Sup Forums

>Should Rap get it's own Board separate from Sup Forums?

strawpoll.com/wgf28y2f

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/wgf28y2f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, yeah, there's no arguing in that.

anything that takes away rap fags, so yes

I propose we change Sup Forums to /rap/

it really is a cancer.
just a bunch of scrawny white virgins trying to act cool and fit in by pretending to enjoy niggers smacking bongos with bones and clicking their tongues

Hip-hop is not music and has no place being discussed on a music board.

can we also ban singer songwriters? it's not fucking music you're just strumming and moaning

>bump

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again
I like rap. I really do. That said, I’d love nothing more than to see it banned from here because the people that post it here
A) don’t make substantial discussion regarding the music
>inb4 Sup Forums never did
Sup Forums has always been meme dogshit, yes, but you used to be able to get a decent thread going a few times a day. This hasn’t happened with a rap album for years. Because rap threads end up being circlejerks over what’s good, rap posters
B) never expand their horizons
Most of rapfags just post about rap. If they post about things that aren’t rap, it’s always contemporary pop/R&B/Pitchfork-indie rockers. It’s really bland and really boring. Rapfags post the same boring shit that you saw on Pitchfork or Youtube last week, and the board gets over-saturated with it, because
C) rap posters never check the fucking catalog before they post a thread
And the same goes for the dipshit that made this thread. There’s another thread that still has 70+ replies left to go. Why make another thread? There’s no need to. We don’t need three threads about Brockhampton.
>inb4 Little Dark Age
Little Dark Age (which is bland as shit) is an anomaly that doesn’t happen very often. That doesn’t mean I support it, but it’s a bit different than having five threads on DAMN. a year after it’s release ALL the time. Finally,
D) rapfags try too hard to force memes
Memes are shit, have always been shit, and will always be shit, but the memes that come out of rap are grasping at straws. They’re corporate memes. It’s a method of marketing.
>ahahaha the DAMN. cover looks so dumb it’s so funny xD
That’s what they were going for. It feels forced because it didn’t happen naturally. The Hospice spam back in the day was annoying as fuck, but at least it wasn’t a calculated attempt by a major label to sell more records.

It would be one thing if rap posters showed some nuance and restraint when posting, but they’ve proven time and time again that they can’t. They’re like a parasite, trying to overwhelm the board so it’s just like them. I realize most of this is due to new posters from r*ddit, KTT, and Youtube that have flooded the site since the election cycle, and because Fantano is associated with Sup Forums, but it’s ridiculous at this point.

yes

Hi Sup Forums

This I can agree with. Singer-Songwriter is not a genre. The fact that my store plays so much of the shit every single day makes me contemplate suicide every day.

rap is at least genre.
if you gonna kick something out let it be the fan boys of grimes and deathgrips and the rest personality cults to something like /fan/

this is a solid post. retarded reply incoming.

Strangely enough it seems to be proving otherwise as far as opinion on this goes...

right on time.

What's dumb about this is that even if you segregate literally everything black culture, you're still going to get dozens of shitposters who hate black people on those boards fucking it up
There's no winning, we can't do anything about it, just leave us be

I don't like to think of rap as a genre because if some pop-star features rap in a song, it's not a rap song, it's still very much a pop song
Some of my favorite rappers don't rap in some songs and it's still pretty good

Rap is primarily posturing. Half of rap threads are just people saying: “Which album is better?” “Who’s the best rapper?” “What’s his best song?” “Was it his best album?” “Was it better than his last album?”
And then no one ever actually talks about why they think it’s better outside of “muh subjective taste”

There’s already a poll going on and the sample size is too small in the current poll to actually give a decent look into how the board feels, numbnuts.

That's true. Was kinda hoping we'd get some of the traffic to maybe take a look at this option B.

>Most of rapfags just post about rap. If they post about things that aren’t rap, it’s always contemporary pop/R&B/Pitchfork-indie rockers. It’s really bland and really boring. Rapfags post the same boring shit that you saw on Pitchfork or Youtube last week, and the board gets over-saturated with it

I never read Pitchfork. I don't listen to R&B after 1990. I actually listen to a lot of old school EDM and metal when I'm not listening to gangsta rap.

What if I grew up on gangsta rap, but don't really post much about rap because modern """rap""" is pure garbage?

We make laws based on the norm, not the exception.

I really think we should ban K-Pop first

k-pop keeps to their own thread for the most part.

I don't fucking care, anime is absolute garbage and Sup Forums never liked it before it got inundated with weeaboos back in 2014.

(You)

what do we lose by separating the boards? they'd be slower. that's it.

???

If we do that, then /t/ needs to be separated from /lgbt/, movies need a board away from Sup Forums, webcomics need to get the fuck out of Sup Forums, leftypol needs it's own board outside of Sup Forums, shonen needs to leave Sup Forums, fembots need to be banned from /r9k/, and furries need a seperate board from tulpa schizos and scatfags.

But this is not the chan of 8, this is Sup Forums. We don't get new boards. We just stick to what we're given and kind of tolerate each other's presences because we're all crammed into holes that don't quite fit us. And we adapt, and eventually learn over a long period of time to appreciate and eventually enjoy our digital neighbors. Because that's what Sup Forums is: a bunch of autistic basement-dwelling niggerfaggots that post-ironically meme at each other over things they don't even really like.

that hasn't happened. been for years. it's gotten worse. more shitposting, more Sup Forums arguments, more (c)Rap and lewronggeneration memeing. eventually that's all we're gonna have.

>before it got inundated with weeaboos back in 2003
FTFY

smacking bongos with bones and clicking their tongues sounds much more interesting than rap

how about kpop seperate from Sup Forums

/rap/
/kpop/
/waifu/

it's already seperate enough. they stay in their containment thread (and they have containment threads on /wsg/ and /hr/ too) and they title every thread the same so it's easy to filter. it's just that choaposter who shits up other threads on the regular who needs to be permabanned.

>Most of rapfags just post about rap
yeah sure, if you're talking about tripfriends

yall are clearly cancer, but your average user posting about hip hop is participating in the rest of the board just as much if not more. the reason hip hop discussion here sucks ass is that it's mostly nerds into p4k indieshit who slightly cross over into hip hop, not because there's some core hip hop userbase that only knows 4 albums

We also need to ban Rock, separate boards:
>Rock
>Rap
>Music

Yes. Call it /nu/.

why would a genre get its own board, that is stupid

>who needs to be permabanned.
This but unironically.

Rock is pretty much all music after the 1950s, that includes rap
Most of Sup Forums that likes rock aren’t rockists that seek out “only rock music”

Rap, kpop, waifupop, and top 40 music all need to go. Sup Forums should be for artists without vevo pages.

Okay, so, i'm a seasoned musician. I hated rap until I was 14 because I thought it wasn't real music. However, now that i'm older, I don't see any difference between rap and any other popular american genre. To explain a little better, you guys remember that song on Spiderland that just drones a 16 measure phrase while the singer talks over it? How is that different from looping an 8 bar and rapping over it? Would you guys suddenly consider MF Doom music if he was singing over it? If you attest that you wouldn't, then you have a hell of an argument to prepare, because at that point you'll be claiming that singing over a funk 16 bar that changes three times in the song somehow isn't "real music". Furthermore, what quality of rap makes you guys think it is essentially different from all other kinds of popular music? The only difference I see is rapping itself, which is literally just a more percussive way to deliver a vocal. And even then, if the claim is that rap isn't music because of the rapping, then what does the backing track become? An accomplice? Would Kraftwerk's "The Robots" suddenly become unworthy of musical discussion if it were the exact same, except somebody spat a sick verse over it? You people are fucking insane, honestly. I can understand hating rap, I can even understand considering it inherently inferior to things like blues (like i do), but claiming that it is so brashly inferior that it warrants excision from a music discussion board entirely? Utter madness. You people need to just sit back and accept that hip-hop is insanely popular, and ignore all of the kendrick threads like I do (by the way, surprise, I don't like hip-hop very much). If you want a safe space to talk about only music that you appreciate, then get off of this forum.

Also, if you're going to scream about sampling, I challenge you to sample creatively. I am a multi-instrumentalist with 10 years of experience and it's still way harder to sample than it is to improvise blues

Thank fuck we have someone who is actually level-minded. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it invalid. Learn to accept that there are genres and people who like those genres outside of your own music taste (including rapfags and maybe some elitist s)

I say we shouldn't completely ban it, you can still mention it and stuff for various reasons, but no more stupid pointless rap threads

I would suggest getting some people from the main thread to this one so that the polls are more leveled out and accurate but the idea of having this separate thread was to get rid of a lot of the garbage from the other one.

strawpoll.com/wgf28y2f

I like this.

We really, really, really need a celebrity board. I thought this way back when I still went on Sup Forums before I stopped, and it's the problem here. And it's hard to separate with solo artists and shit here, but it's a problem. I don't care about rap being banished, I like it sometimes, but if I have to see that fucking talentless, rainbow-faced piece of human garbage, or any other faggot with face tattoos and shitty fashion sense making songs mumbling about his dick getting five threads at once here, I would gladly lose all rap. And fuck Grimes too, just waifufags in general.

Rap threads are shit but the biggest problem is waifufags. They’ve invested several boards and if there were a separate waifu board I feel like it would solve a lot of problems.

>old school EDM
oh like "BANGARANG" and the other classics

I agree, petition to make /wfg/

At the end of the day nothing really changes, I think there just needs to be some sort of filtering for rapfags among more garbage replies and comments.

I like rap and think it is music. I still want it off the board because the rap fans on this board are on the level of waifufags who shit on other threads with their retarded BLICKY UH STIFFY UH shitposting. They're cancer that needs to be contained not for what they like, but for who they are.

Rap Hwaiting~

I always find it funny when tripfags try to have some authority over boards, when they themselves are a bigger cancer than whatever they're complaining about.

This.