Anyone else think this show is really, really bad?

Anyone else think this show is really, really bad?

It should have been a 2 hour long movie. At most a trilogy, but that's pushing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-cersei-wildfire-plan-foreshadowed-2016-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Next question?

>Showpleb trying to create a GoT thread without the intrincacies of how D&D are making bad use of the source material, inventing stuff, how GRRM is reaching far beyond the scope and may not finish the books, the problems of adapting an unfinished work of literature, etc

kys faget

I think it's visually stunning for a TV series, but it has shit writing - I mean, like, shit, come on, after 5 years you writers couldn't come up with any one memorable line longer than "winter is coming"? Fuck you're bad with words Goys of writers.

The show was really good Seasons 1-4, dipped considerably in quality in Season 5, but got back up with Season 6.

3 = 4 > 1 > 6 > 2 > 5

Nah, it started really well. It's actually insane how good Season 1 is compared to the later seasons.

It's definitely bad now--not even average quality, far below it.

I used to love this show until someone posted on fb that they were excited for the season to start, so naturally it was immediately dropped

As someone renting the series from the local library, it's miles above the average NCIS or 2 Broke Girls.

i watch it because its funny.
it takes itself too serious and ends up being pure meme magic.

>As someone renting the series from the local library

lol what?

>it's miles above the average NCIS or 2 Broke Girls.

Well no shit. Considering the budget and it being on a subscription based channel I'd hope so.

/board

>Lol what?

Public libraries have TV shows available for rental, including Game of Thrones.

I've saved over $100 on buying the series by just having a library card.

Yeah I also hate it but watch every new episode the day it comes out!

Raise your standards, pleb.

Raise them to what? What's a better show than GoT on right now?

No, it needs even more time to do it right. It doesn't turn to shit until Season 5 when they get further than the books and start with their own shitty plotpoints.

Ever heard about torrent?

Westworld

HBO are the worst cable channel.

>Westworld

Try again. It had great potential but failed about halfway through.

>Westworld

I'd rather watch it on a TV with my friends desu, kinda hard to do that with a computer screen.

Nigga we cast to our TVs with our computers in the 21st century

Anything that's written competently. Like "Line of Duty", "The Fall", "Utopia", "Spiral", "Foyle's War", "Endeavor", etc.

Fuck no. The writing in Westworld is even worse than GOT. All the HBO shows are poorly written these days.

Never even heard of any of those shows. What shitty media are they on?

D-don't bully.

I mean among other prestige shows. It's Dexter-tier now.

This
I'm a huge fan of the books, too, even Feast for Crows and Dance With Dragons.

The show is just a high budget fan fiction written by retards at this point, but it's still a fun watch if you don't take it too seriously.

Just trying to help you out my user friend. Look into it if you watch TV with friends alot and want to put it on the TV from your computer.

It's amazing how the circle jerk of dumb neckbeards on this site creates these objectively wrong consensus. Should be studied.

No, it's a great show and if you think it has bad writing it's because you're stupid.

>Watching GoT past Season 5 Episode 5

>showpleb with no standards

Raise your standards. Stop watching garbage.

Try watching something good. Go watch your art house films and stroke your ego pretending you are smart.

I'll probably be doing that with Season 6, that's got about 220 holds on average per volume and I ain't paying $40 for a TV show.

>watching GoT after it turned into fanfiction

2 Broke Girls is probably the worst tv series I've ever seen in my life. Makes Bazinga seem like Shakespeare.

>anything trivial thing happens in game of thrones
>HAHA OH MY GOD CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY WROTE THAT? HOLY SHIT D&D D&D (repeat several dozen more times) HOLY SHIT THE WRITING IS SO BAD!

Feels like being on drugs if you're not used to how dumb everyone here is. Certain shows just get targeted for the ire of contrarian speds.

Watch high-quality television series -- not crap like GOT, Westworld, etc.

dude, did you not watch Season 5 or 6?

>high-quality television series

That no one has ever heard of? I assume your shows are netflix trash or something. Or some Indian shows

Season 6 was my favorite since season 1. The last two episodes in particular were flawless.

Yeah, Arya's entire S6 arc was cringeworthy fanfiction. There is no irony or bait in that statement, it is simply an accurate assessment of the writing.

Season 6 ruined the show forever for me, how can D&D be so bad at writing?

If you can't see the drop in quality I guess you're just retarded then. If calling someone a contrarian or neckbeard makes you feel better about it go right ahead.

>flawless.

I too enjoyed random mountains of bodies popping up on the battlefield in episode 9 so they could force a plotpoint.

The Sept. of Bahlor scene was kino though. But that was mostly because of the music.

Are you clinically retarded? You've only heard of shit shows so that's all you'll watch? Do you live in a trailer or in some 3rd world shithole?

nah it was forced and not very affecting.

It was okay.

There's a drop in quality after season 1, but that's because season 1 is one of the best seasons of TV ever made. After that it's just consistently good.

Never heard of any of those shows buddy. Literally where do they air? Or are they some retarded Amazon show?

It was ok until the show's (((writers))) killed off all the leading white men and the remaining ones turning into cucks led by stronk independent wymynz

It was 10/10.

>implying you didn't literally force yourself to not be "affected" by it, probably sitting there with your arms crossed and a scowl on your face and a Sup Forums tab open

I've never seen a more mentally ill demographic than anti-GoT fanatics. You basically made a religion to cry about a TV show.

There's a major drop in quality of every season after 3

spot-on comparison

almost perfect first few seasons, then a big dip in quality with some redeeming moments

I actually really enjoyed the show up until S6 though, autist

I didn't mind season 4 as much as others. The clear drop off is in Season 5.

HBO decided that what people want is not high quality writing like the Sopranos, Deadwood and the Wire, but tits and gore. Judging by the ratings success of both GoT and WW, this view was 100% correct.

Pretty dumb thing to admit since now it's obvious you're one of those spergs who knew they were going off-book so you prepared yourself to cry "bad writing!!!" at everything. One of the most cringeworthy "coincidences" I've ever seen in my life.

People want high quality writing and tits and gore. GoT seasons 1-4 were perfect in this regard.

Are you fucking with me? How could you have not have heard of any of those shows? They are considered among the greatest of all time. They air all over the place -- BBC, ITV, Ch4, Canal+, in syndication all over the world. You really sound like an insular inbred rube, with zero curiosity about the world around you.

Except I haven't even read the books, the writing just wasn't good this season.

I honestly expected them to do well even once they had to start making shit up by themselves; I mean they had done such a good job up until Season 5ish. Turns out they couldn't keep it going, and you can see the break clearly when the script morphs into more predictable, generic TV bullshit.

That said, I don't think RR Martin knows what the fuck to do anymore anyway. He blew his load, started meandering and making more threads without really thinking about or caring how he was going to tie them together.

You have shit taste and you're a retard.

This appears to be the case, and it's very sad.

>yuro show trash

no wonder Ive never heard of it.

>greatest of all time in europe

You'll realise what I mean eventually.

The music was definitely GOAT, but I didn't like the scene that much. Let's compare it to the Red Wedding of Season 3 since they're pretty similar (both are big, singular events that lead to the destruction of a House).

The Red Wedding was organic. A series of bad choices by Robb (that nonetheless made sense to him at the time, despite their naivete) led to a bunch of people betraying the Starks. It made sense that something bad would come to Robb since he was playing the Game of Thrones very poorly, and the failure of idealism is a big theme in the show. The Red Wedding didn't happen solely to shock and impress the audience.

The explosion of the Great Sept seems a lot more forced. It wasn't a series of events that led to the Tyrell's inevitable demise, it was just one of Cersei's lackeys stumbling upon the equivalent of a huge-ass bomb beneath where her rivals would all be. The King's Landing plotline was kind of a mess at this point, and I don't think D&D really knew what to do with all the characters (the high sparrow, the Tyrells) besides killing them off. In other words, this big event happened in order to simplify the show, not because that's what realistically should have followed earlier events. The showrunners didn't know what to do with all the characters, so they killed a bunch of them off. This could be partially GRRM's fault (it's not like he knew what he was doing with them either), but it doesn't justify it.

you have shit taste if you don't think there has been a massive dropoff in the plotpoints of Season 5-6

>he likes AFFC

I mean, the first 3 are great. AFFC is fucking awful. George has obviously created far too many loose ends that he cannot possibly wrap up. AND HE KEEPS OPENING UP MORE PLOTLINES

What a contrived complaint. The wildfire rumored to be under the Sept of Baelor is referred to numerous times throughout the series. It was anything but forced. This is a perfect example of how you mentally ill anti-fans search for things to complain about, but you're idiots so what you come up with is shallow and inarguably wrong.

The cast and crew of GOT is largely British, jackass. You are literally too stupid to breathe.

No, the show has problems, but making it into a series of films would only ruin it further. It's not enough of a grand epic with big resolutions (like LOTR) to work as a film series.

I thought it was pretty good for about the first two seasons. Things started to go off the rails with three.

Stopped watching at the end of season 4.

maybe you should stab me in the gut multiple times and then we can have an epic chase scene in the next episode

I refuse to believe the writers and producers of that show are putting in an honest effort, literally every facet of that show is an atrocity of offensive proportions.

GoT is an American show using british actors for the most part. We dont usually watch low tier yurotrash shows over here unless they are actually good. Dont get so angry you are just a yuropleb thinking people care about your favorite shows.

There's never any indication in the show of wildfire being hid under the Great Sept until Season 6.

shitty show after s2

good memes tho

>The explosion of the Great Sept seems a lot more forced. It wasn't a series of events that led to the Tyrell's inevitable demise, it was just one of Cersei's lackeys stumbling upon the equivalent of a huge-ass bomb beneath where her rivals would all be. The King's Landing plotline was kind of a mess at this point, and I don't think D&D really knew what to do with all the characters (the high sparrow, the Tyrells) besides killing them off. In other words, this big event happened in order to simplify the show, not because that's what realistically should have followed earlier events. The showrunners didn't know what to do with all the characters, so they killed a bunch of them off. This could be partially GRRM's fault (it's not like he knew what he was doing with them either), but it doesn't justify it.
Cersei knew about the bombs under the city because Jamie had stopped the Mad King from using them - that's why he's a 'kingslayer'. I would presume the writers have got Cersei to use the bombs, because it will make Jamie turn against Cersei, eventually anyway.

So whilst killing off the characters may have been unnecessary, I do think the way D&D did it was meant for potential.

The further it strayed from the books, the shittier it got. Season 5 and 6 have good episodes but are bad seasons.

Martin blew his load when Tyrion loosed that crossbow into Tywin's gut, the series could have ended there with Tyrion getting cut down by guards and a couple chapters of epilogue and I would've been fine

the point is that the narrative arc of the tyrells doesn't end in a satisfying way, it's just "marge had a plan but she got blowed up by cersei's secret wildfire, whoops! ;)"

This doesn't present Cersei as intelligent, she didn't outwit her opponent organically, she just got written to happen to know of this secret cache of wildfire. Likewise, this sequence of events doesn't present Marge/the tyrells/the highsparrow as unintelligent or naive or anything, they made all the correct moves and still lost merely because Cersei is a bigger main character than they are.

The Red Wedding is infinitely better for all of these reasons.

nah we need some sort of closure to the white walker stuff.

No, everyone here agrees that it's been shit for years.

The first season is in competition for best season ever and it was good for a while after that though.

>GoT is an American show

That would explain why it is such shit. Amerilards are essentially illiterate.

That not everything ends in a "satisfying way" is a theme of the show and books so I have no idea what you're complaining about. The wildfire was foreshadowed numerous times and was very clearly GRRM's plan.

The Red Wedding completely destroyed all narrative momentum, and most of the things that happened afterwords are boring and/or terribly written.

This is true of both the show and books.

Make up some bullshit about the White Walkers being trapped by the Wall but active in converting the land into their own kingdom of eternal winter.

Now Jon can become a Lord Commander and end the series as being the one to see his order surge back in popularity.

your yurotrash shows are shit and no one cares about them. in fact, most have never even heard of them.

>dude its SUPPOSED to be bad!

Jesus Christ you're one stupid fuck. Maybe you should stick to... Well Game of Thrones I guess.

>what is storytelling
Hint, it's something that GRRM does well and something that you understand as well as D&D.

Bad is your own subjective interpretation and a consequence of the fact that you're an idiot and only enjoy stories that follow a specific set of rules. I loved the fact that all the foreshadowing came to a head and changed everything in a single moment.

you misunderstand what I mean by satisfying, I don't mean happy ending or anything, I mean an ending which makes contextual and internally logical sense. The early seasons of GoT absolutely did follow this rule, it's only the later seasons where this ceases to be true.
Also it wasn't foreshadowed in the actual show.

In your dreams, kiddo. Millions of people all over the world appreciate high-quality television. But by all means, go back to your NCIS and 2 Broke Girls, plebbitor simpleton.

You can't contain the story in two to six hours. At best you can tell one character's story in that amount of time.

Nah, I'd pin it on the death of Tywin, he was the guy that kept the Lannisters and series together.

He was the last great example of a mighty personality, and with showing Tyrion as weak and gloomy in the early episodes of Season 5 they essentially wiped out the last source of witty dialogue they had.

The Adventures of the Dog and Pup ended with Hound "dying," Tywin and his aspirations died, Ygritte died and the Wildling army was routed. Basically every plot line that was going since Season 1 was finished in Season 4, and Season 5 was forced to start with new plots for a show that was supposed to be entering the endgame.

>show become famous enough for the regular contrarian fag to labbel it as bad and do anything possible to not enjoy it
>comes to Sup Forums to circlejerk with his contrarian peers

errrytime

The white walkers were a mistake from the beginning. It's a relatively low fantasy setting, and then there are fucking zombies... that do absolutely nothing for three books, and then do absolutely nothing for another 2. It was a garbage hook from the start, the feudal intrigue is far more interesting and gripping than DUDE ZOMBIES LMAO

>british TV

LEL

literally no one cares in the country that actually matters

businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-cersei-wildfire-plan-foreshadowed-2016-7

You're just objectively wrong saying it didn't make sense logically or contextually. There's nothing else to say, you're just a retard or you didn't actually watch the show you're criticizing.