So, how old were you when you outgrew metal?

So, how old were you when you outgrew metal?

Outgrow metal? I LOVE METAL \m/
Burzum and Bathory are my favorite metal bands, THEY ROCK
What's your favorite Cradle Of Filth and Metallica album?

Midnight In The Labyrinth

When I was about 22-23, sadly. Should have been younger. But oh well.

Sabbath remains one of the only metal bands worth listening to

This

You dont outgrow metal??
What you talkin about?

why are the ramones and pink floyd in that picture

>still love heavy metal and thrash more than ever
>can't get into black and death because I bars of single tremolo notes over non-stop blastbeats to be the most boring shit I have ever heard in music
>too much of a manchild for normalfags, too much of a normalfag for metalheads
feels bad

Well, how old were you when you outgrew rap?

i didnt. I just got into sludge and never looked back

>can't get into black and death because I bars of single tremolo notes over non-stop blastbeats to be the most boring shit I have ever heard in music
This. I can't get into black metal because of that. Death metal, especially technical is actually good though

I had to grow INTO metal. It took me time to stop taking myself so seriously and love music that's fun, energetic and cheesy.

Is there a more pretentious genre of music than metal? I think not.

There's not a damn thing that metal's actually fully good at doing.

It often tries to be dark and chaotic, but it's severely held back by trying to be within standard musical structures. Stuff like industrial, dark ambient, power electronics, etc. does a far better job at actually being dark.

Metal also tries to at other times be epic. Also it tries to add in more complex, classical music inspired structures into the music to be muh intelligent. It offers both these concepts in a much watered down fashion compared to western art music which can be so much more epic with far more colorful instrumentation with complexity unmatched by any popular music genre, metal included.

But then this is where you go "but I like my music to be aggressive, you soyboy beta cuck nu male!" And metal fails at even that. The genre sacrifices too much potential for aggression by trying to do the pretentious trick I mentioned earlier where it tries to be more structurally complex or make intricate riffs which just doesn't work in a pop structure. Genres like punk (and its many subgenres), noise rock, no wave, harsh noise, even some hip hop/electronic music styles, etc. cut out all that bullshit to deliver something that's far more aggressive and hard hitting than metal will ever be.

Metal is literally the worst of all aspects of music as it's unable to bring the sophistication of the most sophisticated music, the intensity of the most intense music, the rawness of the most raw music, nor any sense of dynamics (unless it's goofy gimmicky prog shit), interesting rhythms, nor the kind of flow to the music to give it some kind of emotional meaning.

It probably ties with prog rock and art rock as some of the most overrated, shitty music ever made.

What is this picture?
>Ramones
That's punk rock
>Pink Floyd
Progressive rock
>every other 70s band besides Black Sabbath
Not even metal.

mamma mia, this thread is full of plebs

Metal is best appreciated between the ages of 14-88. It's not really for you people.

Christopher Lee liked metal and he was 93.

metal isn't wn

Fifteen, but I still listen to a lot of power metal when I go to the gym. So does it really count as outgrowing it if I still listen to it, but not nearly as much as I used to?

>van halen
>kiss
>pink floyd
>led zeppelin
>ramones
>ac/dc

>metal

11, been listening to King Kenny ever since!

because its an ebin trole

It was about 5 years after I realized only kids brag about how mature they are.