Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PwASbBXm3P0
youtu.be/5PXuYK82rik
youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

bump

It isn't, you're looking at the most overrated thing ever.

fellowship is a 8/10 9/10 and the others are 6/10 at best

two towers was as godo as fellowship
rotk was 3.5hrs of watching someone else play Total War

Based source material, and made by a talented and creative team that was genuinely interested in bringing it to life.
btw yesterday was tolkien's birthday.

correct

incorrect

Good actors making lovable characters (based fucking Viggo)
Good special effects (Gollum)
Handcrafted costumes and makeup
Amazing battles (Helm's deep)

Forgot music f.am

It isn't. You're either a bannable child or a fucking imbecile, which is more or less the same thing.

baka af tbqh familio

explain, faglord

-No liberal pandering (no minorities, no in your face homosexuality [Smeagle], women were handled properly [until RoTK anyway]
-Nice aesthetics
-Great Cast/Casting
-Great pacing
-Character development was good
-Practical Effects >>>>>>>>>> CGI
-Properly handled both protagonists and villains (one thing that I hate about modern movie trilogies is how the bad guy in the first movie always get skilled off and every other movie has a new bad guy)

What went wrong?

9+ hours of solid adventure that appeals to the 12 year old boy in you. and there's no modern pandering shit in there to rip you out of it.

>no homosexuality

the hobbits were sucking each other off - haven't you seen the unrated version?

It's a great series despite what /lit/ fags would have you believe and Jackson cared enough about doing it right that he put his all into it and you can tell.

>reading comprehension

It isn't, it's a tedious slogfest. Could have been a single four hour film with zero negative impact.

>[Smeagle]
I thought I could ignore this but it's fucking triggering

It's Smeagol

no it wasn't frodo sucks dick

This

this. It's nothing like my favorite fast kinos.

I wish I could kill you

This it's a fucking bore and partly because Jackson is so boring

Also fucking amazing music yes
youtube.com/watch?v=PwASbBXm3P0
Jesus Christ

I've watched the entire extended trilogy about 30 times. I watched 2 hobbit movies once and didn't bother with the other

Peter Jackson has succeeded in making me hate Dwarves

Are you LITERALLY me?

Tauriel was the best thing about these movies
Shitty CGI
Bullshit characters
No cohesion

I think the best way to understand this is to watch the behind the scenes content titled "the appendices". The effort, passion, skill and relentless shedding and weariness of adapting this behemoth right really comes through when watching it. It's a real treat to watch as well. Some of it is uploaded on youtube.
youtu.be/5PXuYK82rik

Fat Jackson = best Jackson

>30 times

Jesus Christ, I barely made it through watching this borefest even once.

I'm watching through it all right now and it really makes you appreciate the films so much more. I only have the last disc of the appendices left out of all the extra material. Then it's on to commentaries.

Because it didn't go full retard on itself like the Matrix sequals.

Are we all watching this mother fucker right now?

yes

>14:30 onward
Amazing

I don't think we will ever see that much of pre-production spent on real physical props and training of actors.

I genuinely think that the trilogy is the Lawrance of Arabia of our generation, nothing else comes even close in terms of scale or dedication.

LOTR had extensive preproduction time and work put into it.

Hobbit was thrown on Jackson after del Toro bailed. Barely any preproduction before filming started. Amazing decision to extend what was filmed out from two movies into three.

Honestly it's amazing Jackson was able to salvage Hobbit and make what he could out of it, but in the end the lack of proper preproduction time is what separates the quality of these two sets of movies.

When the movies came out, I was very disappointed in Peter, but I later came to understand the situation he was in. He really did the best he could with what we had.

If anyone is not convinced, just watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ

No black people

Planets aligned and awesome energy was channeled that made it all happen the way it did; flawlessly

suddenly Rick McCallum

this

it wasn't

why did they leave out the part when sean astin and ian mckellen were dicks

they were?

youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
Comfy

It panders to european archetypes and the collective jungian white unconscious, aka our racial soul

>racial soul
wanna bet you dont live in europe?