After I saw Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me at Cannes...

>After I saw Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me at Cannes, David Lynch had disappeared so far up his own ass that I have no desire to see another David Lynch movie.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

breteastonellis.com/unedited-new-york-times-quentin-tarantino-article/
indiewire.com/2012/12/quentin-tarantino-says-he-hates-john-ford-128649/
youtube.com/watch?v=yeAfGSnnGOM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

UNO
DOS
TRES

>says the guy who took his whole style from wild at heart.

nice try qtar!

one thing you pick up on if you read enough interviews with Tarantino is that he feels threatened by a certain kind of "high brow" or "classy" director that enjoys universal acclaim. over the years he's talked shit about John Ford, Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Welles, John Huston, Akira Kurosawa, et al.

Paste quotes.

That he's too fucking stupid to understand David Lynch, presumably. FWWM is not a terribly complicated film, provided you've seen the series and have a 110+ IQ.

Examples? Because I could just say you're a fucking retard because his style is nothing like that trash movie.

totally agree user

Tfw got scientology hotties feet to smell and lick

Tarantino is a fucking pleb, surprising no one.

>On an episode of CBS’s “Sunday Morning,” Tarantino participated in an interview with Tracy Smith to promote his (then new) film, “Inglourious Basterds.”

>He said, “I have sibling rivalry with Orson Welles … I don’t think he’s that good. All right? I have sibling rivalry with him and Stanley Kubrick.”

>At this point in the interview, Smith asked Tarantino if he was serious or if he was joking.
“I am being funny … I do admire them. But I also think I do have sibling rivalry with them. They’re not all that. All right?”

breteastonellis.com/unedited-new-york-times-quentin-tarantino-article/

>On Hitchcock: “I’m not the biggest Hitchcock fan and I actually don’t like Vertigo and his 1950s movies—they have the stink of the 50s which is similar to the stink of the 80s. People discover North by Northwest at 22 and think it’s wonderful when actually it’s a very mediocre movie. I’ve always felt that Hitchcock’s acolytes took his cinematic and story ideas further. I love Brian De Palma’s Hitchcock movies. I love Richard Franklin’s and Curtis Hanson’s Hitchcock meditations. I prefer those to actual Hitchcock.” And Tarantino also prefers—passionately defends—Gus Van Sant’s meta art-manque shot-by-shot remake of Psycho over the original Hitchcock film.

>… I don’t think he’s that good. All right? I have sibling rivalry with him and Stanley Kubrick.”

cringy af

On Ford:
>“To say the least, I hate him,” he told Henry Louis Gates Jr. “Forget about faceless Indians he killed like zombies. It really is people like that that kept alive this idea of Anglo-Saxon humanity compared to everybody else’s humanity—and the idea that that’s hogwash is a very new idea in relative terms.”

Lynch went on to direct his magnum opus, Mulholland Dr., while Tarantino is a hack and all his movies after Pulp Fiction look at the same.

I'd like to see what Orson would have to say about Tarantino if he was still alive.

indiewire.com/2012/12/quentin-tarantino-says-he-hates-john-ford-128649/

on john huston at 17m 55s: youtube.com/watch?v=yeAfGSnnGOM

Kubrick, for his part, liked Pulp Fiction.

i can't find him talking about Akira Kurosawa but i remember the context was him talking about some samurai movie he liked and saying that it wasn't like the boring, high brow samurai movies of Kurosawa and Masaki Kobayashi

>it wasn't like the boring, high brow samurai movies of Kurosawa

But Kubrick liked Kurosawa
>What struck me immediately while looking through this ‘Master List’ was the conspicuous absence of Akira Kurosawa. Stanley thought Kurosawa was one of the great film directors and followed him closely. In fact I cannot think of any other director he spoke so consistently and admiringly about."
>Stanley received a fan letter from Kurosawa in the late 1990s and was so touched by it. It meant more to him than any Oscar would. He agonised over how to reply, wrote innumerable drafts, but somehow couldn’t quite get the tenor and tone right. Weeks went by, and then months, still agonising. Then he decided enough was enough, the reply had to go, and before the letter was sent Kurosawa died. Stanley was deeply upset.”

i am talking about Tarantino's opinion of Kurosawa

He would have recognized that Pulp fiction effectively killed American cinema's ability to be an art form.

>Tarantino
>good

Dude literally despises John Ford. I get the criticisms but JF was of a different era, how can QT not appreciate Ford's contribution to film language?

Because, as is apparent from his work, he is an incredibly shallow human being.

go to bed QT

>dead nigger brains

SO MUCH FUCKIN EDGE

tarantino is a fuckin hack

I was talking about Tarantino. Ford is one of the few American directors that can legitimately be considered an artist.

Tarantino only cares about B-movies, exploitation and genre flicks. He's niche as fuck, and his opinions on anything outside that niche are worthless

>before the letter was sent Kurosawa died. Stanley was deeply upset

This rings true. I think QT on his best day is a glorious stylist, but it's also quite evident that he's no great intellectual.

Well, I guess Tarantino will never have have to worry about disappearing up his own ass, what with his mouth clamped firmly over the asshole of low culture in general.

People always leave out the part where he says he loves David Lynch.

>FWWM is not a terribly complicated film,
What? It's not complicated at all. It's pretty much straight forward if you have seen the TV series.