Why everybody hates Mastodon? They make amazing albums with great conceptions

Why everybody hates Mastodon? They make amazing albums with great conceptions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yr8tgjtSpQ8
youtu.be/s7uokNi7qEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree

I'm pretty sure the hate is geared more towards post-Crack The Skye era mastodon, which deserves to be hated

S
H
I
T
T A S T E

My problem with Mastodon is that they came from really punishing metal to almost as feel good alt-rock sound and it just bores me. The motherload is one of their good recent songs but with their new album they just completely lost it

been shit since Crack the Skye, which also isnt much good.

Blood Mountain is their best, perfect blend of the real heavy sludge sound before and the prog after.

The Hunter has some good stuff on it, everything after that is actually garbage, though.

>great conceptions
On the real tho, Blasteroid is one of their greatest songs. Can we turn this thread into a sludge-pop thread?
youtu.be/Yr8tgjtSpQ8
youtu.be/s7uokNi7qEw

This. Sometimes a band can successfully pull off a genre change, but a change in heaviness/intensity is much more difficult to swallow a lot of the time.

I still like their newer stuff, but it definitely isn't as good as their older stuff

pretty sure it's this,
when I first showed up here it seemed like everyone liked them

>Radio rock
>great

Hit and miss starting with this album and onwards

The vocals are really unremarkable, I just can't give a shit

i still like Today Is the Day though

used to**

they were notoriously shitty live until they started playing buttrock

Because Crack The Skye was their last great album, anything that came after it is mediocre at best
also, Metalheads don't like when a band change their sound too much, just look at Opeth fans, they hate anything post-Watershed

cannot vouch for this, saw them live and they were pretty good, the vocals suffer tho but you don't listen to mastodon for the vocals

Saw them live, they were actually really good

what year was this? I have heard nothing but bad things about their live performances

2015 on Rock In Rio

so their buttrock era, yeah their new shits much easier to play like i said

how on earth is The Hunter and Once More are buttrock? They are not great, but are far away from being buttrock
You can make a solid case for Emperor of the Sand, but not those two imo

i'm slightly exaggerating, but some of their post-2009 tracks are just groove metal riffs with buttrock choruses. the ep they put out recently was definitely their best material in awhile but wasn't close to anything metal