There is no need for semi-automatic assault weapons. And...

There is no need for semi-automatic assault weapons. And, the framers of the constitution also created the process to amend the document as needed. The time for an amendment is needed now - BAN Assualt Guns! Stop making it so easy for anyone to get a weapon that can kill dozens of people in seconds. (Please note: I am not in favor of a ban on all guns. Just those that can shoot 600 rounds in seconds. Where the line is drawn can and should be discussed. But, doing NOTHING is not the answer - that doesn't seem to be working.)

Other urls found in this thread:

pollingreport.com/guns.htm
reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/comments/4o4h65/from_the_archives_q_who_came_up_with_the_term
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_rifle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shall not be infringed.

Allowing women to vote and freeing the slaves was a mistake.

Lets not mess things up anymore.

Fine go get 2/3 of congress to ammend the constitution to strike out the 2nd amendment

hence the ability to amend retarded parts of the constitution.

namely yours.

>The Framers
When will this meme end?

weapons are intended to give people a fighting chance against a tyrannical government in this day and age muskets do not cut it

>implying the NRA wouldn't buy them to stop it anyhow

kek, corporations run this shit, not the people.

>The framers had 25 yard muskets in mind.

No they didn't. They had absolutely no guns in mind when they wrote it. They had the defense of the people against a tyrannical government in mind. Doesn't matter what weapons.

They denied the right to vote to anyone who didn't own land, not just women.

Muskets could shoot a lot farther than 25 yards, they just weren't accurate. They also had wheel lock rifles at the time capable of hitting targets over a hundred yards away. There was also a weapon available at the time of the Constitution's writing called the Girandoni Air rifle, which was capable of holding up to twenty rounds which could fire in quick succession and had a good effective range.

>Please note: I am not in favor of a ban on all guns. Just those

You're a gun grabber and a liar. There is no discussion here. You are my enemy, and I repudiate you.

Come and take my gun you fucking cuck.

Every weapon is an "assault gun". Whether its semi-auto, auto or manual, it is an assault weapon. Assault weapon is a buzzword.

The 2nd amendment was created to ensure that if Government ever morphs into a Tyranny the people will have access to means to overthrow that Government, in order to do so a formation of armed and organized militias is needed. Therefor there is ABSOLUTELY a need for semi-automatic weapons, and even more.

>All gun owners bad!!
>All muslims good!!

Besides being a faggot, you seriously have some fucked up priorities OP.

>Assault weapon is a buzzword.
No it's not. It's a marketing term made up by the gun industry.

>The 2nd amendment was created to ensure that if Government ever morphs into a Tyranny the people will have access to means to overthrow that Government, in order to do so a formation of armed and organized militias is needed.

The communist party in Weimar Germany had an anti-fascist militia, well armed and over 100,000 men strong, made up of combat experienced WWI veterans Didn't stop the tyranny.

FPBP
Go cry somewhere else

>Muh NRA

In 2014 (the most recent year I could find numbers for) the NRA's campaign donations amounted to about .7% of the average congressional campaign costs. Their only power is in the fact that they have 5 million voting citizens as members.

>implying Weimar wasn't the tyranny

there is no need for a constitution either OP :^)

We might as well just let the government determine what is best for us in all situations :^)

You don't have the authority to make this post.
We will be visiting you place of residence shortly.

>that doesn't seem to be working

The stats beg to differ.

Stop trying to use outliers to make policy.

>hence the ability to amend retarded parts of the constitution.

Wonderful. So libtards do understand that the correct way of going about this is to actually amend the Constitution and not ignore it entirely.

Great. I'm excited to see you pull that off. I'm sure it'll be easy getting 3/4s of the States to ratify an amendment making the second one null.

>Assault weapons
I don't understand why leftists were allowed to dictate the narrative.

You're free to leave anytime if you don't like it.

That is not an argument to give up and stop trying.

1 POST BY THIS ID
1 POST BY THIS ID
1 POST BY THIS ID
1 POST BY THIS ID
1 POST BY THIS ID
1 POST BY THIS ID

What's an assault weapon?

They had in mind that you would be equipped on par with the government you are facing. The fact they have fully automatic weapons shows that even now our rights were infringed.

How fallacious.

OP plainly knows nothing about guns. Know how I can tell? Throwing around the phrase "semi-automatic" as if its a negative defining aspect of a firearm, when in fact its not. I wont explain it to the non-gun fags, bc gun enthusiasts will know what i mean.

But whenever i see "semi-automatic" in one of these things, i immediately disregard your opinion in the matter.

> NYC Democrat NRA member here

you're as dumb as the liberals

no its fucking not

99.9999999999999% of the rifles purchased by law abiding citizens are NOT assault rifles and are NOT sold as such.
an assault rifle is a military class select fire firearm, which /virtually/ no civilian can purchase.
If you actually want to purchase an actual assault rifle you need to go through the following steps.

1: spend a year hunting down a decent priced firearn manufactured before 1986 (this is a legal requirement and since they are no longer produced, they are slowly fading away)

Oh you could also be shit out of luck if no ones even selling their Full Auto, so it could literally be years before you even find one for sale.

2: Once you have obtained your $35,000 proceed to find a "trust"
3: this group has to be legally recognized as a firearm trust, and they hold your firearm until the government deems you ready for ownership
4: Spend the next 3-5 years waiting for your background check/paper work to go through
5: pay the extra transfer fees on top of the 35K you already spent on the firearm
6: you can finally take your gun to the range

An actual standard assault rifle runs about $25,000 - $40,000 after it's all said and done

Literally just google it and wikipedia will give you the definition

>there's that word again

This is obviously bait, I mean, yeah you're gonna fool a lot of idiots. But, why waste time with this? I don't understand. Are you just keeping everyone sharp?

is mayonnaise an assault weapon?

>You're a gun grabber and a liar. There is no discussion here. You are my enemy, and I repudiate you.
>Come and take my gun you fucking cuck.

Discussion time is over. The crazy train has arrived.

No, they had freedom on their minds

If it really bugs you that much that you don't live in a country where the government has a monopoly on deadly force over its citizenry, just move to China.

those guys were no doubt doubt out of their minds when they wrote it. i am 100% fuckign certain, they very much took into consideration future tech when they worded that document.

shit, they probably thought we'd be shooting ray guns by now

The lack of logic in lefties is truely infuriating. You can't have the best of both worlds god dammit, you have to chose one of the following:
> The situation evolved in 200 years, so muskets became AR-15s and women and niggers were allowed to vote.
> The situation didn't evolve in 200 years, so AR-15s shouldn't be legal, which means that we also should take vote rights away from women and niggers.

>one post by this id

>kek, corporations run this shit, not the people.

it's a terrible situation isn't it?

>muh inaccurate musket memes
Someone should tell all those dead limey officers that our muskets were really inaccurate

>mfw people don't know anything about the Pennsylvania Longrifle.

I use it to hunt and I'm able to hit things 100 yards from me.

this.

liberals will never understand the point of the 2nd amendment is a check of power against the government

the people who wrote the constitution had one thing in mind when creating it: power corrupts

the entire thing is built around trying to limit power that one person or an institution (private or federal) might gain over others

Still can't believe all it took was a dried up cunt for Bernie Sanders to lose.

America is fucked.

>inb4 some butthurt kentuckyfag comes in to correct this

They allowed free speech and as well.
Should americas get rid of that too?

No, it is a legal term created by gun grabbers.

Their are a number of different rifle types, each defined by characteristics described by the makers and users of the weapons. You have muzzle loaders, lever- and bolt-action, automatic and semi-automatic, which are in common use today. The term assault rifle describes a specific subset of automatic rifles. The term assault weapon was chosen by politicians for it's similarity to the term assault rifle and its generally menacing tone to describe semi-automatic weapons with certain cosmetic and ergonomic attachments in order to gain public support for a ban.

If civilians can't have them then cops, or any other alphabet agency can't have them. I guess if the cops and them have a problem they can just call the military :)

God damn, where can I get paid just to talk?

You really think they thought Niggers and Women would be voting when they penned the constitution?

>a musket can barely hit a person at 25 yards
>a musket is unreliable

Those "arguments" make me cringe to an extreme.

Technically, a .308 doesn't fit the category of assault rifle since it's not an intermediate cartridge. It does fit the ATF definition of machine gun though and so it's in the same legal category.

Even better. The founders actually evaluated these, but turned them down because of the cost

>Every weapon is an "assault gun". Whether its semi-auto, auto or manual, it is an assault weapon. Assault weapon is a buzzword.
"Assault" a euphemism for a type of rifle with a specific list of battlefield modifications to enhance its killing characteristics. This is far more than just a matter of semantics

>The 2nd amendment was created to ensure that if Government ever morphs into a Tyranny the people will have access to means to overthrow that Government,
Absolutely agreed.

>in order to do so a formation of armed and organized militias is needed. Therefor there is ABSOLUTELY a need for semi-automatic weapons, and even more.
This is where you obviously haven't thought this through. The general population can't possibly hope to win based on some notion of superior firepower. In dozens of countries and failed states, private arsenals only lead to more tyranny and warlording.

The only way to effectively take down a real tyranny is from within. What are your plans along that line?

gun grab = civil war

They thought only landowners would be voting. Almost every state had a landowner only voting policy, some restricted it to specifically white males, some allowed male of any race and New Jersey even allowed women to vote, so long as they owned property. But the most important thing is that the Constitution originally left that decision for the States, not endorsing any particular rules on voting.

>1 post by this ID
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

>it's a terrible situation isn't it?

Right-wing conservatives love it when Koch corporations dictate policy to state legislatures via SPN and ALEC. They've been blindly obeying their corporate paymaster for decades. It was the corporatism conservatives who got the Citizens United and McCutcheon rulings.

If they were principled, they would put an end to corporate control of the people's government.

I think the first solution is in the hands of the media. The media once self-imposed report rules regarding suicide, and it drove down the suicide rate tremendously. These killing sprees are typically suicides, too, and the extensive media frenzy likely feeds copycats in the same way that it fed suicides. The media has become 72 virgins in some respects-- a kind of posthumous reward for murder-suicide. "Everyone will know me, now!"

>To enhance killing characteristics

No, assault *rifles* (the word you seem really keen on leaving out) were designed to be light and fire ammunition that was light, to make it easier on soldiers who needed to lug gear around. The word OP used was assault *guns* which means even less than the term assault *weapons*.

Citizens united doesn't say what you think it says. Literally all it does is say that your free speech rights are protected even when you're part of a group.

>muskets had an effective range of

Are you supposed to protect yourself from the gov't with a musket?

Not YOUR free speech rights. The free speech rights of the controller of the group. (In particular, the controller of the group's money.)

Citizens United protects his ability to usurp the free speech rights of the group's individuals and use them to protect his own expression.

>Citizens united doesn't say what you think it says. Literally all it does is say that your free speech rights are protected even when you're part of a group.

Suddenly after Citizens United, corporations were able to secretly funnel hundreds to millions of dollars into manipulating political campaigns and poisoning our democracy.

Is that really what the founding fathers envisioned for our elections?

So you're saying what we really need to overturn is Buckley v. Valeo. I'm good with that.

The musket was the most effective infantry-portable weapon available to them at the time.

Therefore, the constitution intends for people to have the right to carry the most effective infantry-portable weapon available to them.

/thread

>Citizens United protects his ability to usurp the free speech rights of the group's individuals

That's so 1984. All animals are created equal. Corporate pigs are created more equal.

Literally more than 2/3 of Americans (including Republicans) want more gun control. It's the NRA that keeps paying congress to stop them.

A well-regulated militia.

Your neighbor with an assault rifle is not a WELL

REGULATED

MILITIA.

Bacon is not a well balanced breakfast

bluepill thread

Slavery had to be instated at the request of a nigger
women shouldnt vote. Period
Muskets weren't the only weapons around

>Literally more than 2/3 of Americans (including Republicans) want more gun control.

sauce?

pollingreport.com/guns.htm

The polls are stupid because Republicans are stupid. Whenever they are asked if they want stricter gun laws, they say no (80%).

>law disallowing people on the terrorist watch list to own firearms
>a few years later 3/4 of Americans are on this list
don't let this happen, folks.

>gotta put slavery in there just to make people feel bad
i really hate emotional politics

>Using high capacity assault speech when the framers only had personal speech and written letters in mind

>The only way to effectively take down a real tyranny is from within.
Absolutely. Therefor when something like that would start, separation of States should take place and the absorption of military assets along with military personnel should commence. It is highly unlikely that all military personal would go along overthrowing Freedom in USA. There would be a split in the Union itself and in the Military. Therefor it would never be Military vs Civilians.

Wrong.
reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/comments/4o4h65/from_the_archives_q_who_came_up_with_the_term

The problem in America isn't guts.

It's that we're oversexed and overstarved for violence. We are allowed the freedom to practice and believe anything we want. And everybody is fucked up from our abuse of technology, terrible diets, lack of exercise, no money, etc.

The problem is societal and we need to find ways to more appropriately outlet some of the American rage.

Majority of Americans also want more government programs but refuse to support higher taxes in order to pay for those programs. Americans don't understand how government works.

When the first amendment was made, the founding fathers didn't account for televisions, instant messaging, and social media sites.

This is how retarded your argument sounds.

"allowed the freedom"....

From whom ? Ourselves ? A nation governing itself by allowing choices ?

Thankfully I can choose to eat yams and zucchini for lunch with sparkling water instead of forced to eat a Gov't sausage sandwich....

And my coworkers can eat a garbage "frozen meal" if they want and stay obese. Book it.

>get outta here Bernie.

Just something to consider. The Kentucky/Pennsylvania long rifle was considered a state of the art weapon in its day, putting fear into the ranks of the British Army. An experienced user could hit targets at well over 200 yards. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_rifle

> the dudes who wrote the constitution were bad guys who allowed slavery and mean to women
> but come on do you think they would allow something we think is bad like ASSAULT GUNS?

Assault Rifle =\= Assault Weapons you nigger

>also go back to Red dit you fag

>The framers of the Constitution allowed slavery. They denied the vote to women. They could only communicate through letters or in person.

>You really think they had the internet, telephones and mass print in mind then they penned the first amendment?

We should add an amendment that states LGBT is a mental disorder.