Will there be a vaporwave/synthwave equivalent for the 2000s...

Will there be a vaporwave/synthwave equivalent for the 2000s? We've had a lot of 80s and 90s nostalgia for a while and I think it's time to move on to 2000s nostalgia.

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2012/04/23/the-forty-year-itch
youtube.com/watch?v=9_hKXk2qSuw&list=RD9_hKXk2qSuw
youtube.com/watch?v=TSVHoHyErBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fn7NT1dbem4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

there is something called the 40 year rule when it comes to nostalgia

newyorker.com/magazine/2012/04/23/the-forty-year-itch

so......get ready for some.....*opens calculator

"80's nostalgia" in the roaring 20's

the thing i most associate with the 2000s vibe is staying up late at night as a kid to listen to trance and deep house television radio stations and getting really freaked out

But we've had 80s nostalgia since the mid 2000s. Enough already. I'm sick of it.

>That takes us to the current day, and, at last, to the reasons behind the rule. What drives the cycle isn’t, in the first instance, the people watching and listening; it’s the producers who help create and nurture the preferred past and then push their work on the audience. Though pop culture is most often performed by the young, the directors and programmers and gatekeepers—the suits who control and create its conditions, who make the calls and choose the players—are, and always have been, largely forty-somethings, and the four-decade interval brings us to a period just before the forty-something was born.

What would 2000s nostalgia even sound like?

Boyband rapmetal with the dress aesthetic of the strokes?

In the same way that vaporwave remixes cheesy 80s pop, smooth jazz, and new age music, the 2000s version would remix cheesy corporate Starbuckscore "indie" car commercial music, crunk/ringtone rap, dance pop, buttrock, metalcore, dance punk, dubstep, and electrohouse with samples of Windows XP/Vista sounds.

Literally me

Probably something like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=9_hKXk2qSuw&list=RD9_hKXk2qSuw
youtube.com/watch?v=TSVHoHyErBQ

I hope so. I have extremely fond memories of me playing flash games on Lego.com and CartoonNetwork.com, and would love some music that evokes that same colorful and sweet aesthetic the 2000s had.

Music Has The Right To Children actually sounds a lot like I'm referring to.

>I have extremely fond memories of me playing flash games on Lego.com and CartoonNetwork.com, and would love some music that evokes that same colorful and sweet aesthetic the 2000s had.
Yes you get it user. That's part of the aesthetic I'm trying to describe.
>Music Has The Right To Children
Kind of, but it has more of a retro vacuum tube 70s vibe

Timberlake looks very /fa/ in that video and the song blows most 2010s pop out of the water.

>Kind of, but it has more of a retro vacuum tube 70s vibe
Yea. I refer to a couple of tracks actually, mainly Roygbiv. First time I heard that song I instantly saw myself sitting on my dad's computer and building Legos in some internet game.

We're on late 70s nostalgia now boy.

I can see what you mean. A few tracks on Campfire Headphase also have a very 2000s feel.

Isn't PC music basically 2000s vaporwave
youtube.com/watch?v=fn7NT1dbem4

Boards Of Canada is a 70s aesthetic what're you even talking about

No because 2000's is where american culture ended. There is no one musical style or set of sounds that defined the musical tastes of the 2000's like all previous decades of the 1900's.

Every decade since at least the 70s had more than one genre/subculture.
>70s had disco, punk, hard rock, prog rock, new wave, post-punk
>80s had synthpop, hair metal, hardcore, thrash metal, no wave, noise rock, gothic rock, dream pop
>90s had grunge, alternative rock, house, techno, jungle, shoegaze, hip hop, black metal

Subcultures, yes. But this thread is about mainstream trends of sounds. And there is no one unifying set of sounds or genre that defined the 2000's like the way Zeppelin-style rock defined the 70's, synth defined the 80's, and alternative rock defined the 90's. Yes there were lots of other stuff happening in those decades as there are still now, but there's been no one unifying sound that all normies recognize since the 2000's, other than the worst of pop shit which is regurgitated shit that's been done before.

thats right. there is no culture anymore

That sounds absolutely awful.

So does most vaporwave. If you have some imagination and creativity you can make something good out of it.

James Ferraro already made neo-00s music. Ahead of the curve like always.