Passengers

So, Sup Forums, what is everyone's final verdict on this movie?

It looks pretty interesting, and I feel like going to a movie.

no one saw this movie, kill yourself

Op is a fucking faggot.

It does not deserve the bad reviews. I very much enjoyed it despite the climax (which was almost certainly heavily influenced by studio notes).

I enjoyed it for what it was, a well done romance. The scifi was pretty Scientific American tier, nothing exciting. The plot was predictable. Also, I couldn't help but want to punch JLaw in the face every time she did anything.

The text on the movie poster makes no fucking sense though

what happens?

I just watched that last night and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of the screen for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

pratt inexplicably wakes up like 90 years early on a 120 year voyage.

Accompanied by an android bartender and little vaccuum robots.

Gets bored, wakes up Jlaw. Romance ensues. Jlaw finds out about it, gets hella pissed. Fishbourne wakes up and then dies while ship is falling apart.

Pratt saves ship but almost dies in the process, Jlaw saves him and romance esues again.

Crew wakes up 90 years later and finds out some passengers woke early.

it sucks

>captain: "shieeeet nigga how long you been without pussy foe that you needed to ruins that young girls life"

>memelord: "1 year"

>captain: "GOT DAMN NIGGA, 1 YEAR without pussy? I can see why you did it ya know what im sayun

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yea I thought the same thing

Then again it's a year with no interaction at all. I'm guessing he didn't have space internet either

I'm sure you've gone one year without any sort of human interaction before

He could sit naked on their glass capsules and spunk all over them.

1 year is nothing. Also he spent all that time snooping through auroras info and books

I actually liked that he sympathized with him a bit, one of the better parts of the movie

Why couldn't this just be a straight scifi romance? Why the fuck did we need "le ship is going to explode xDDDD" garbage?

Sounds pretty hot DESU

How else would you end the movie? Something had to happen, watching beautiful people be happy and/or mad is only so entertaining.

Have you not seen a romantic film or a drama or a comedy? Fun fact: Not every movie ends with an action scene

Thank you man, I was about to watch it, now I'm happy I didn't waste my time on that crap

>captain: nigga, this is the second time ive woke up. der dis nigga keanu reeves looking mutha fucka that has some special powers n shiet. we both fucked around on some next level super mario shit.

So what I read about Pratt making JLaw get into the chamber again was a lie?

There's an extra chamber that can be used but theres only one.

he suggests jlaw get in it and go back to sleep, but she doesn't ala love conquers all meme.

No one watched it because it is rape-y shit

have you ever seen a sci-fi film not end with an action scene?

Yeah, the other big scifi movie of this year.
>inb4 walking quickly while talking on the phone is action

No, but I'd kinda want to.

>he fell asleep during the explosion action scene

kill yourself pleb

2001, I guess

It could've been redeemed somewhat if JLaw ended getting into the autodoc for hibernation but she doesn't so fuck that movie.

I love it. Very underrated film

>Autist wakes up a stacey after obsessively studying her for a year
>In doing so, knowingly destroys her life, just because he's horny and can't control himself
>Rest of the movie is a prime example of stockholm syndrome

I thought it definitely wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be. Effects were good, story was interesting enough. The characters were bland though -- they didn't even try to make JLaw and Chris Pratt act like anything other than themselves. It was like watching 2 people on a talk show for 2 hours.

I'd give it about a 50% on RT, pacing and atmosphere were better than rogue one's t b h

Except she ignores him the entire movie after she finds out he's a creep

I agree, but I felt like with a better female to work off of, that would have worked with Chris Pratt.