*yawn* so uh... what’s so great about this boring pretentious shit again? Is it considered a sleep aid or something?

*yawn* so uh... what’s so great about this boring pretentious shit again? Is it considered a sleep aid or something?

Blue in Green.
That's it.

Coltrane > Miles

>t. brainlet

Oh cuz i’d rather listen to off key noise than this snoozefest. Definitely

You'd have to be stupid or just plain arrogant if you can't see any semblance of brilliance in this work of art.

It's a nice, slow, chill jazz album that is impeccably tasteful and warmly played. I didn't like it the first couple times I listened to it, then I did some house chores with it on in the background and it all came together as both the most interesting thing to listen to and follow and perfect wallpaper music. It rewards concentration without demanding it.

can't remember all of it or one song...was done on a single chord or some shit

you are such a fag

if you said this in 1959 you would get your ass whooped

we are such faggots nowadays with our shitty opinions

>boring
>pretentious
there is absolutely no pretense in the conception of this album. simply educating yourself on what miles was doing through the composition of kind of blue will give you an idea of the thought he put into producing it

hmm just sounds like sex farts to me.

Since this is an obvious bait thread, what's everyone's favorite track and why is it Flamenco Sketches?

freddie freeloader takes it as the bluesiest track

The real genius to this album is bill evans' piano playing. Miles himself stated that he created the album around Evans and his block chords. That shit is off the hook

And then gave Bill $20 in total for composing Blue in Green while taking the credit.

Miles was a conceptual genius and great player but a total ass.

All Blues. Cannonball and Trane's solos are heavenly

fuck off you fucking faggot. get off my fucking board

not gonna lie I listened to this for the first time the other day and i unironically fell asleep to it

So what?

It's Paul Chamber's bass playing, though.

How the hell do you ironically fall asleep to something?

He was a rich kid who had a brain, knew who to hang around with and had a good act. That being said the significance of this album is its a study aid form musicians to cross over from blues improv into modal improv. Then comes bebop and then finally 12 tone. Its basically an essential for musicians and you faggots who only like to listen to music caught on and wave the flag cause you are posers.

if you really think that this album is pretentious then maybe you should listen to more jazz. or more music, for that matter. this album has plenty to say. understanding what the musicians are doing from a theory standpoint might help. but then again, most people wouldn't care to find out.

do you even like jazz?

Who are you talking too and what are you responding too? All I was saying was that Miles was a dick but a genius. I wasn't basing my statement about Miles just off Kind of Blue?

Also what makes you think I'm not a musician? I play jazz and I'm well aware of what theory is going on with Kind of Blue and its place in the history of Jazz.

All Blues is perfect

I speaking to whoever would respond. Its the internet. I just wanted some attention. You dont like Kind of Blue user? Please clap.

>defending ed edd n eddy music this vehemently

This album is best enjoyed for people who play jazz. Outside of that demographic, it's rare to find people who enjoy it.

That being said, I like Bill Evans solo versions of Flamenco Sketches (originally titled Peace Piece) and Blue In Green. This album isn't my favorite, but it's really enjoyable when you pay attention to how they play modes. Plus, the timbres of the instruments sound so good.

>Outside of that demographic, it's rare to find people who enjoy it.
Isn't this the most sold jazz album ever?

But I love EEnE's music

bitches brew

>the most entry level jazz LP of all time
> it's rare to find people who enjoy it.

mine is flamenco sketches, not even kidding.

who wants to bet that if this were made with distorted guitars op would love it

Flamenco Sketches > Blue in Green > So What = All Blues > Freddie Freeloader

Cannonball had the best solos on this album hands down.

My power ranking goes:

Flamenco Sketches > Blue in Green > Freddie Freeloader > So What > All Blues

That ending in Blue in Green hits me in the feels though

This. Miles didnt even compose it either, he cucked bill evans to get the best track on the album

It's indeed. All the solos are great and perfectly blend with Evan's harmony. It's the comfiest song ever.

If this thread isn't bait than I feel sad for you OP

miles: *toots & roots*

wypipo: fuggin masterpiece

kind of blue was only important because it featured experienced bebop players playing music made to contrast with bebop; but now because it's entry level jazz boy shit for 9th graders, it's lost that context to most people who listen to it