Friendly reminder that this album did the same thing as Little Dark Age 3 years ago and did it better

Friendly reminder that this album did the same thing as Little Dark Age 3 years ago and did it better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WrlLPOae42U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Currents is a favorite album of mine, but I can't say I agree. By which I mean I don't think LDA is doing the same thing.
80s throwback, sure, but Kevin was nailing some sweet instrumental lines on every track of this thing. I don't think the guys of MGMT were trying to do very much instrumentally at all. Part of its charm is how simple it is, in that regard, I'd say.

friendly reminder that youre mom gay

they both suck

Neither of these albums sound anything like the 80s.

Currents takes itself too seriously and is half baked as fuck. It's more polished than Lonerism but has none of the songwriting or progressions that make Lonerism good.

>he doesn't like Yes I'm Changing
kys

Currents is more varied but they do have a similar vibe.

This. It sounds like the way teenagers imagine the 80s sounding. The 80s were nothing like this.

Dawg this sounds like the music John Lennon might have started making had he been alive for the 80s -- think of how in 1980 Macca started playing around with synthesizers so much. It's got them John vocals and some Paul-y bass and that's a wonderful combo.

Man I disagree. Instead of 'half baked' I'd just say it's not overdone. None of the songs are too busy – the melodies (for every instrument) are not complex but are very satisfying and easy to follow. If you're a listener that likes a song like Cause I'm a Man, do you go to sing the chorus vocal first, that guitar bit that accents it, the vocals in the verse, or that beautiful bass that counters those vox in the verse?

I don't know the answer, cause when I think of it I kinda run through all those. Pretty much every song on this album has that – each layer is catchy and satisfying, IMO.

Come on of course you know what I mean – the introduction of synth into what used to be 'rock music' in the 60s and 70s, and that made it more poppy in general. Made even clearer by the fact that the first albums were very obviously classic rock-inspired

>Dawg this sounds like the music John Lennon might have started making had he been alive for the 80s
Pure conjecture.
> -- think of how in 1980 Macca started playing around with synthesizers so much. It's got
Macca II doesn't sound a fucking thing like LDA or Currents.

>John Lennon might have started making had he been alive for the 80s
you mean like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=WrlLPOae42U

Fuck, did this really come out 3 years ago?

I really need to go somewhere in life.

I still don't get why LDA would be more important than any other alright album

This, Kevin Parker has the emotional depth of a puddle. Theres 3 filler tracks on Currents i give it a 6/10 and thats because of the production.

>Sup Forums hypes over a new album
>ok I'll give it a shot!
>hype kills my experience and now alright albums are bad
stop

They're both fucking awful Redditcore Jesus Christ

Sup Forums is truly dead

Fuck off cunt, it's my 2nd favorite album.

Lyrics are the most relatable of his career by far.

>most relatable of his career by far.

so you're a moron with the emotional depth of a puddle and feel validated by this album?

Nice buzzwords.

If you can't relate to the lyrics you've either never been in a relationship or you're a verifiable sociopath.

whether you "relate" to the lyrics or not has no bearing whether the music is good. Read like poetry or a book the lyrics are something that a 14 year old would write

needing to relate to art you consume is pleb 101

I don't need to relate to the art I consume.
But it's not gonna be one of my favorites if I don't relate to it, why the fuck would I not want something that gives me the most fulfillment as a complete piece?

Besides the music is fucking great, it's psychedelic, and danceable, which are two of the primary things I enjoy most when it comes to music.
Not to mention the dynamiscism going on, there's never a dull moment in the entire track-listing.

And critiquing lyrics for being too relatable and direct is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

Direct lyrics are among the best kind there are.

I actually hope you fucking die in real life

you're braindead, a woman, or underage

its nice that you realte to those lyrics but you gotta admit they are pretty shitty
>There is another future waiting there for you
>I saw it different, I must admit
>I caught a glimpse, I'm going after it
>They say people never change, but that's >bullshit, they do

>Do you remember the time we were
>The time we were by the ocean
>I didn't care if it was day or night
>The world was right where I wanted
>Girl I'm sorry
>Babe I mean it
>Babe I'm sorry

This. Both of them are mediocre albums made by untalented bands. It's complete nonsense.

21, XY Chromosomes, & Studying for a Physics degree at my University.
Thanks though senpai.
Don't worry, I will eventually, just like everybody else.
The first set of lyrics are some of my favorites on the album. I don't think lyrics inherently need to be literary in order to be good. Nor does music/lyrics that are technically proficient equal good (looking at yngwie).
What's important is that it sounds good, and can make the listener feel something.

Everybody listens to music to different reasons, art is subjective. But personally speaking music is catharsis for me.

PS: The second set of lyrics you posted are definitely my least favorite on the album, however it's the delivery of them that makes them acceptable (not to mention the musical ideas surrounding them).