youtube.com/watch?v=XNsun93mwk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fast, you say?

So Painkiller is tru speed metal?

remember to vote today

strawpoll.me/15055885

Who thought otherwise?

>REMINDER THAT NONE OF THESE BELONG IN THESE THREADS
Heavy/traditional/80's metal, hard rock, rock or a combination of these. Many of so-called "heavy metal" band submissions ended up being rock, glam or even mallcore bands!
NWOBHM - a lot of 80's UK rock and AOR bands got lumped into the NWOBHM category, even if they weren't metal
Melodic metal - often another term for "hard rock"
Grindcore - Death/grind = OK. Noisegrind, crustcore, jazz/grind, heavy punk/hardcore, etc. = Not OK.
Metalcore - Be VERY wary. Most of these get rejected, simply because they're hardcore with some metal influences. That doesn't make a band metal!
Progressive/avant-garde - Could mean anything, really Also, there is a difference between prog rock and prog METAL. We've even had near-mallcore bands listed as such.
Gothic metal - some people confuse goth music, darkwave or Depeche Mode soundalikes, or Evanescence-like rock with gothic metal, for some reason (having a female vocalist does not mean you're gothic!).
Crossover - can have the same problem as metalcore, although they generally aren't rejected as often.
Stoner, sludge - same as progressive. There is stoner rock and there is stoner metal. There is sludge metal and there is post-hardcore. They are sometimes similar, but one is acceptable and the other isn't.
Industrial metal - if it sounds like Rammstein or Nine Inch Nails, forget it.
Shred/djent - varies from metal to borderline hard rock to jazzy rock to mindless noodling.
Ambient/depressive black metal - Some vague fuzz with shrieking does not equal black metal. Also applies to ambient droning noise with BM-type shrieking.
Groove metal - this is often an euphemism for mallcore (aka "nu-metal") or alternative rock. Pantera might be metal for the most part, but if their imitators just play tough-guy "jumpdafuckup" chugging, it's not going to fly.

10/10 flawless

what's the last gem you found thru /metal/?
youtube.com/watch?v=mEvR838Ua6Y&t=199s

median testosterone level of this thread: 15

youtube.com/watch?v=mL3z0F_NZ-o

nu-male band

Remember when Bolzer was one of the most hyped metal bands in the underground, and then when DMU/ANUS/deathmetal.org/whatever you call them decided to shit on Bolzer, everyone made a complete 180 and said they were no different from Mastodon?

"most hyped" by nu-males on vice an pitchfork maybe

painkiller is only marginally ahead of ram it down in terms of sucking ass in the late 80s. absolutely overrated album.

I've got this fucking song on the tip of my tongue and I can't remember it. One of the lyrics was something to the effect of "She's a witch, a goddamn bitch". Google isn't being helpful at all right now. US power metal band IIRC. Anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about?

Maybe for some people, but all it took for me was one listen of any track of their debut to realize they didn't know what they were doing. Real shame.

Were they really hyped on pitchfork?

Nope. Sup Forums, NWN, ultimate-metal, etc. like actual underground spots not mainstream publications like Vice/P4K. You must've just turned 18 or 19 if you don't remember how much people used to dickride this band when Aura came out.

>Sup Forums
>underground

what are some bands like candlemass that are good to sing along with

>workweek begins tomorrow
>Job is highly boring
>Get paid shit wages
>Have student debt
>None of my co-workers have bachelor's degree, I do and yet I'm in a job that I could have without it
>Want to do something else, or go back to school, but muh money

Metal for this feel? Preferably no dsbm, I don't want to be tempted to end it.

deathmetal.org/lifestyle/weathering-the-storm-as-a-republican-metalhead/

Take the DMU pill.

Sup Forums had some crossover from people who really knew their shit who usually roamed the other spots. Pretty sure most of that is gone now.

nice blog post

Is this the most kino piece of cinematography ever produced?
youtu.be/8jzrIIf83q0

> Sure, I knew (and expected) that the nu-male MetalSucks journalists had been openly campaigning for Hillary....

you ITT brock?

blackened death/war metal like revenge, teitanblood, blasphemy, damaar is pretty cathartic for me right now

BASED

What exactly is nu-male about Bölzer? Their riffs and sound are brutal, agressive and heavy. Very unique style of playing with the 10-string rich bich. The drumming is fantastic. The lyrics are the farthest thing from nu-male possible. The vocals fit the lyrics and music perfectly, look at the context of them. They are ultimately nothing like Mastodon. The clean vocals are somewhat similar but it is purely surface level and unimportant. Judge the band by itself, as you would any other. They are wholly unique. I've listen to all of their material countless times and it is just better with every listen

i can understand the sentiment, and i sympathize, but the faggot needs to learn how to write. every other sentence is loaded with fluff phrases and cringe.

Nevermind, found it, you useless faggots. youtube.com/watch?v=3thPFADMeaQ&feature=youtu.be

Hello /meal/ I am a metal scientist doing research for an extremely scientific study to find out what the most soy of genres is. Please reply to this post with your favorite metal subgenre, and your favorite food.

Thank you for your patronage in advanced

progressive euro

i love jorn lande! hes epic!

i exclusively eat tofu btw

grind and burritos with pork and diced jalapeño

Did that website lose out on their editors or something? Just going through some of these newer articles and they are pretty embarrassing like if Sup Forums took over as writers. I can't believe I am saying this, but this actually makes me miss the older "use a thesaurus and overdescribe shit" times of the site. Except the whole Summoning thing.

black
meat

stoner/doom
lamb rogan josh

Cullen Toner and Brock Dorsey are literally Sup Forumsfags who probably jumped aboard the Trump train.

thrash
pizza

huh...

youtu.be/Ap14NKh6J8g

still better than daniel maraat who would write pointless reviews for random bands no one has heard of or talks about just to say they're complete shit and articles about kim kelly

poopee and caca haha

melodeath

tofu burgers

glam
pussy juice

At least Daniel was good laughingstock.

slam
the metal from my grill

Whatcha Blastin'?

youtube.com/watch?v=XNsun93mwk0

Title track is killer.

If this didn't have an NS aesthetic people would constantly make fun of this for being nu-male. Either way it's trash and not metal.

some time ago i realized that ride for revenge is the best metal band nowadays.

Tyrant and Cannibal Sodom are killer
its also hilarious how the guitarist's lead tone didnt change over 11 years

>Folk / Meloshit
>Seared Ahi Tuna with a good imperial Stout

>If this didn't have an NS aesthetic people would constantly make fun of this for being nu-male. Either way it's trash and not metal.

It blows my mind how young these guys were and how talented they were despite their age. This album in particular considering how complex yet cohesive it is.

Album/Band name?

Google - Reverse Image Search
It's Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of the Beast.

holy shit how did manowar get orson welles?

traditional new wave
pepperoni pizza

probably gave him a big mac

I'm retarded

use soulseek

where can I find the lyrics for this album? not even Darklyrics had anything.

Use soulseek, ez pz. Nokturnal Mortum is one of my favorite bands but they do have some albums that are a bit lackluster. All of burzum is at least decent and a lot of it is great

pic related
slsk

Old-school death metal
Tonkatsu

I live way out in the stix and my niggernet can't upload dick so I doubt soulseek is a solution for me, but I'll try it again if anyone will share with me

you don't have to share/upload on slsk
but be prepared for a couple of "fuck off leech" "die scum" etc.

>being so much of a snowflake that the mere presence of a genre you don't like on an anonymous imageboard leads you to beg its administrators to remove it by force because you don't know enough about music to actually criticize it.

not quite metal right now...instead, slow doomy drones with minimal riffs and vocals.. less sunn O))) fridge-core, more ambient soundscapes. t's good after midnight wind down music.

i want more from these guys...

There's no lyrics in the booklet so you won't find any. Or rather, there was no booklet in the first place.

Interdimensional Extinction is also very good

>missed out on the era of scene pussy

life was a mistake

Prove it, faggot.

I don't have enough data, anons, I need your help with this scientific endeavor!

Underage
MODS

das it mane

Industrial Black Metal
Meat, milk n oatz

blag medal
gale salade
:DDD

Could you recommend something similar to Thorns and Mysticum user?

>Pure testosterone
Atmospheric black, DSBM
>High test
symphonic black, blackened crust
>Medium test
blackgaze, aladdin shit, folk/black
>Low test
2nd wave, NSBM, industrial black
>Pure estrogen-tier
blackened thrash, black/death, 1st wave

Abigor - Fractal Possession
Dodheimsgard
Helheim - Fenris
Blacklodge isn't really similar but they are damn good
Khonsu - Xun Protectorate
Aborym
Never liked mysticum for some reason t b h

is this true?

Thanks

>insect warfare
>not on the soy side
god i hope this is bait

reminder that ALL punk subgenres are soy-core

except anything that appeals to wiggers, interestingly
wiggers are high-test

Using a series of neural networks, mathematical equations, and the helpful suggestions of this general, I have generated a mathematically proven dietary chart.

Your input will be taken into consideration, thank you for contributing.

Prog Metal
Bacon Cheeseburgers.

they bring the riffs

wtf dude groove and nu are pure meat-core

When did not liking Trump/Republicanism mean being a Democrat soyboy?

is there any ancap metal?

tallica