How do I join a band in college? I have zero friends but I'm pretty good at drums and guitar

How do I join a band in college? I have zero friends but I'm pretty good at drums and guitar.

Get really good at drums and they'll find you.

What college?
Anyone else /nc/state here

there's something called the internet you can get in contact with a starting band

find a bulletin board on campus, advertise your skills

if you're in lawrence ks and need an accordionist/video editor, hmu

>why it look like __________ bouta drop
Why do memes talk like stereotypical black people
There's nothing even wrong with it in the right context but more often than not it's just cringey and forced
It just provides that much more ammunition for sjw-types to play a "muh cultural appropriation" card at some point down the line

most of them are made by white nu-males who wish they were niggers

theres a local owned music store here where people post on the wall looking for members or form a band I guess try looking in a place like that

If i knew how I'd be in a band

make friends

Is your college like urban based or is it not? How big is it?

I originally went to a small college in a small town and all the people there were normalfags of all breeds and varieties, the few people that actually had a specialized interest in music almost always liked shit. Then later on I transferred to a college in my state's capital (Richmond, VA) and everyone there I ever met were into the basic bitch entry level "indie" types of music (Front Bottoms, Radiohead, Modest Mouse... nothing wrong with the latter two but these were just the cream of the crop) and modern acclaimed music like Kendrick and all that other predictable shit.

oh ya so many great bands started on craigslist lol! Fucking autistic losers. If you can communicate to make friends you wont be able to communicate through music. MAtter as well study jazz and hate people for not getting what you are playing. "Why cant these people see all the tritone substitues I put in Autumn Leaves? Why isnt anyone complementing how I 2ed all those 5s. Plebs. Ill go post on my jazz guitar message board. They get it"

Literally this.
Man it's almost like being black is presented as superior to being white.
Why on earth would that be lmao

If your legit in Lawrence OP I'll join your band.

A lot of these memes are modelled after memes from Black Twitter, which is frankly a meme factory.

it's funny because #blacktwitter is mostly

Black Twitter means black people on twitter. If it's made by a white guy, it's not Black Twitter anymore, is it ?

White people can still emulate niggers on Twitter.
They do it all the time because it's not only shameful to express any pride in being white but also praised to dispossess your own culture if you're white.
Where does all of this white self hatred come from?!?

My mistake I thought this was a civilized conversation. I'll leave you alone now.

It doesn't exist, fuck off to Sup Forums nazi.

I know what you're doing false flagging "just asking questions" yeah no not gonna fall for it. Fuck you Nazi assholes trying to subvert this board.

you wish this were an actual thing that could work

>White people can still emulate niggers on Twitter.
Dude when you talk like this you just sound like some faggot on Sup Forums
Even if you're being ironic it gets to the point where you're so post-ironic that you've come full circle and that you are actually being racist
>I was only pretending to be retarded!

Get involved in your college's radio station. Find the house show scene. Take music classes. That's how I ended up in the bands I was in when I was in undergrad and now in grad school.

Also renounce any Sup Forums bullshit you've bought into. It's (1) reprehensible and (2) will definitely not garner you friends in a college town's music scene.

Also you don't need to join a band. You can start one. Even if it's just you solo on guitar or even yelling into a telephone mic duct taped to your face while you play drums, you can do something. College towns seem to be pretty accepting of experimental bullshit, for better and for worse. Booking shows obviously requires making some friends initially though. From there it'll grow if you play a show or just regularly show up at local shows and aren't insufferable.

Lol so true

This is true. Good drummers are always in short supply, college or not.

if i don't do any live shows how are they supposed to find me

1) make friends through radio/class/house show
2) ask if they want to jam
3) people say no or yes or give noncommittal answer
4) ask someone else if they want to jam
5) ad infinitum
6) eventually you actually jam
7) it sucks
8) ask someone else
9) it sucks
10) ad infinitum
11) ???
12) you're in a band

I knew a good drummer once, he was a fucking cunt
I knew another good drummer too, he's a solid fucking dude but he has really basic taste

Kek at that pic

haha look at this dusty ass nigga fucking haha lookin like fuckin 'why memes nigga black nigga' haha like what the fuck nigga haha

lmfao almost my dude, I attended orientation and everything, ended up getting 2 loans in aid and having to withdraw
going to shitty cc rn, going to transfer to uncc, fuck state, too much money
say hi to my boy sean if you see him

they're called wiggers, and are a pathetic waste of humanity

1. Don't be too harsh on other people's tastes, it's really not necessary and you'd be shocked at how interesting people who have very not-interesting music can be, even as musicians

2. SUPPORT LOCAL BANDS IN YOUR PREFERRED GENRE. Most cities have at least a small DIY scene, and most DIY scenes are full of desperate, discouraged people who will become your friend literally just for telling them their set was good: this is the fastest route into making music dreams real, at least socially

this man the best musician i've ever met who can sing, dance, play sax, guitar, piano and drums is just a nig who loves rap and hip hop, not even the oldschool stuff its shit thats popular like 6IX9INE, of course he likes other music too but if you first met him you'd think he was just some pleb who listens to mainstream shit like I did till he schooled me by being able to play animals as leaders on guitar while having a conversation with me