The Harry Potter films

Okay people, which Harry Potter films were great? Which ones were decent? And which ones sucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1323212452/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/16412421/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1461300977830/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/ cave/image/s0Bc1fjx8mqZ3SGxSmkGcA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First two were great

Third and fourth were decent

Rest sucked Hagrid's balls

Bump

So you prefer the literal childrens movies to the semi-decent later movies that actually have a plot and some stakes?

DULLEST
ULLESTD
LLESTDU
LESTDUL
ESTDULL
STDULLE
TDULLES

none

they're all garbage just like the lord of the rings movies

How long before it happens?

Wait for it

>Which Harry Potter films were great?
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows 1
Deathly Hallows 2

>decent
Order of the Phoenix

>shit
Goblet of Fire, which sucks because it was actually the best book.

I agree I hate how things got edgy and grim dark. I just want my warm tones and oranges back!

First, third and fourth had some killer plot twists though

they're all part of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy Arnold having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance.

Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before.

>a-and now you swear you can taste the sweat
"No!"
That's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you.

Smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty. The beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

"No!"

They're all childrens movies no matter how much you refuse to grow up.

look mom i posted it again!

The first three are childrens films. As in for kids as young as like 3. 4-8 are like teen/young adult shit for like 12-16 year olds.

Exactly. I'd rather watch an enjoyable kids movie instead of some angsty teen flick that takes itself too seriously and spends 50 minutes focusing on teenage romance drama that's literally irrelevant to the rest of the plot.

Once you reach the age of 20 you should not give a fuck about Harry Potter but if forced to watch one of the movies definitely go with one of the first 3 as they're not entirely cringe-worthy.

There it is

Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince were filler as fuck, the last two ones were a slaughterfest; the first two were great and the third one was good, the fourth one was an entire plot twist competition that made the transition to the dark and grim ones

Teenage romance -> Exactly the reason why it sucked from Goblet of Fire and onwards. Harry becomes the third wheel and from that point on the story should be called: The Beauty and the Ginger

>Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince were filler as fuck

The entire series is filler. We learn everything we really NEED to know in the first movie. Voldemort is evil and killed a bunch of people, Harry is special and somehow defeated him as a baby and now Voldemort is trying to come back.

Aside from in 4 where he actually does return the entire series is just Harry and the audience learning shit that nobody wanted to tell harry mixed in with high school shenanigans.

The plot hardly ever really advances, Harry just gradually learns what people should have been telling him all along until the last movie where he finally wins.

I just rewatched 3-8 over Thanksgiving.

Prisoner is the best of the bunch because it's a well made movie, you give a fuck about the characters, the time travel twist is cool.

Goblet is like the plot of two movies jam packed into one and its not compelling, everyone's just going through the motions. Cho is cutie as fuck though.

Phoenix introduced one of the most hateable cunts to ever grace the fucking silver screen and is alright for that reason, but yeah it's not great.

Prince was okay but forgettable.

Hallows 1 and 2 were like watching a full blown movie version of that scene in South Park where Cartman is having a mind battle with the "psychics".

bit slow today user, step it up

>the time travel twist is coo
Except its absolutely retarded and makes no sense whatsoever.

They were all great.

HOWEVER

1+2 are the more "childish". They don't have as much appeal now that I'm older. Still good for cuteness though.

At least the spells felt kinda special in the first couple of films, Expelliarmus and Wingardium Leviosa etc. In the later movies they use those wands like fucking machineguns

You're doing God's work, user.

Top Tier: Chamber of Secrets, Order of the Phoenix, Deathly Hallows Part 2

Decent Tier: Sorcerers Stone, Prizoner of Azkaban, Deathly Hallows Part 2

Barely Passable Tier: Half-Blood Prince

Pleb Mudblood Tier: Goblet of Fire

Explain? It wasn't so bad that I ever questioned any of it.

Holy shit I didn't even notice

>no clifford for president
Shame

Top Tier: Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets

Upper Tier: Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire

Lower Tier: Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2

Filthy Mudblood Tier: Half-Blood Prince and Order of the Phoenix (Ron + Hermione fanfiction and Harry vs. some pink government cunt)

>nobody even reads it

Yea, JK Rowling wants Hermione to be black too

>they're are people who are still too retarded to comprehend stable time loops

They were probably opening up their chamber of secrets with each other

Oh god, I was drinking some milk and I almost spilled it.

Prisoner of azkaban > goblet of fire > chamber of secrets > philosopher's stone > fantastic beasts > deathly hallows pt 1 > half blood prince > order of the phoenix > deathly hallows pt 2

thanks for the ranking adult child

Someone explain this post to me, I have no idea what he's talking about

Harry potter is the most boring franchise in existence and the only reason people like it is because they grew up on it.

Every HP thread there's always one guys who doesn't understand the time travel.

>why not just go back and kill voldemort as a baby?

>most boring franchise in existence

would you say it's the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises?

Bet he'd do a decent job at bashing his head in with a baby rattle

why didn't they just time travel arrest voldemort the moment he committed his first crime? in fact, why don't they do that for every criminal? between time travel and being able to tell who did magic in exactly what location, wizard crime really shouldn't exist

Rowling needed more money, that's why the first time Voldemort returns he's some creepy face attached at some dude's head, the second time he's a hot dude (no homo) and the third time he becomes this fag who tries to be scary but looks like a tool

The only way the time travel can make sense is if Dumbledore knew of the entire thing and lied to Harry and Hermione in his implication that Buckbeak died AND if the view we, the audience, had of Buckbeaks supposed death was the same as Harry and the gangs (where the branch covers just enough so we only see the axeman raise his axe and swing but not seeing what he swinged at).

that's apparently a maymay. why?

Black Hermione, I mean... was she really the best choice to play Hermione in that play out of everyone who auditioned?

It is dull for sure, but the dullest for me has to be either Batman(if all the movies count) or Star Trek

But.... if they threw a stone at the back of Harry's head and did the Patronus charm etc. etc. then why did Buckbeak die in the first place? And what was the point of their "earlier selves" being there before turning back in time (for the viewers to witness it?) some paradox shit

Buckbeak didn't die and that's my whole point. It can only make sense if Dumbledore lead them to believe Buckbeak died.

Some pretty desperate shit here, interesting though

So it was the pumpkin all along? Can't believe it took me 13 years to find that out...

What the fuck is this pasta monstruousity

Is it evolving?

Wait, so they were crying over a pumpkin?

If I hated all the Harry Potter films, will I enjoy Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?

they are all kino besides goblet of fire

3 6 7 are the best and pure kino

pleb number 1

Yeah, but again that's also only possible if they didn't see his death and had the same view we have here.

I just came to see this.

This

of course because you have shit tier taste and therefore would like yates' worst

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1323212452/
Cringe #1

Sad.

6 and 7 were fanfiction romance fantasy thrillers, something out of an anime or something; the first ones are actually good

Well the only way that the time travel made sense is because everything that occurred that night, happened.

I don't get your point. Every decision that everyone made that night led to that outcome. Nothing can be changed in time travel, you can only succeed in things that were already successful, whether you knew about them or not.

I think you've got the wrong Harry

>Sup Forums detective for anything they don't like calling others cringe
That's an honor

Why does a train go to hogworts when fucking teleporting fire places exist?

I mean there has to be some cunt who loves closer to hogworts that than teleports to the train station to then catch the train back past his house to hogworts.

Based ranking yet again. Keep it up user.

>2 entire month shilling your ranking as objective best
>somehow this is't pathetic

So the entire last part of the third movie was about Dumbledore having a giggle?

It's been a long time since I've seen any, and I know 3 is considered one of the best.
However, 3 was my favorite book that I'd read several times and the film left so much out that I refused to touch any other HP movies.

Is it worth giving them another shot?

The mudbloods can't afford fireplaces, only the pureblood Malfoy family can, only reason they take the train is to flash around their wealth at the poor students

Nailed it and you triggered koreinfag who seems to actually have a grudge with you

how autistic of him

I think its pretty cute even if its clearly done by an asspie.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/16412421/
Cringe #1

>Cringe #1
Yikes that supposed to be Cringe #2 not 1!

if you're so autistic that you're a plotfag you need to just kys tbqh

Yes, but everything falls apart if Dumbledore wasn't some omniscient god who baited them and if they actually saw Buckbeak die, then there would be no chance of time travel as there would be no one to save and no reason to go back in time. They'd just be shocked that Buckbeak was gone, but then Harry wouldn't be able to save himself and he would've died.

They are better than the shitty books

HBP is up there with Barry Lyndon in terms of looking like a painting

Watch the first three ones, call it a happy ending and don't bother watching the rest. The rest is just people dying and student shipping

its looks like Rembrandt

Cringe #3
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1461300977830/

Watch them all obviously, Sup Forums is always wrong

Why do these threads trigger him so much?

kek

Back when Tom Riddle was actually attractive

what would compel someone to pay attention to harry potter posts for months and months and actively fight against ones he doesnt like? idk no life probably

I mean what does he not like? Yates?

Someone who was molested as a child by a wand

Did they get another actor to play young Tom?

They all sucked after the third one

>harassing people that have been confirmed by the mod to love in those group homes for mentally ill schizos
rude

>tfw he isn't replying upset at

Cringe #4
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/ cave/image/s0Bc1fjx8mqZ3SGxSmkGcA/