This is fucking awful

This is fucking awful

Are you talking about the first film or the sequel?

He obviously means the first. The sequel is secretly kino that was hated by the Hot Topic crowd that latched onto the first because the anti-American sentiment was too much for them.

Its alright at least, not awful. It is a fun movie with some memorable and bloody kills.

>The sequel is secretly kino

stop talking shit bitch nigger

2d was awful

The first one. If this was English language it would've been fucking destroyed

It wasn't that great but it wasn't awful,
Beat Takeshi is cool in it.
The novel is best and the manga has decent fap material.

The Hunger Games was pretty popular.

Is this the one where the teacher gets shot at the end, "dies", gets back up, answers the phone, eats a cookie then actually dies?

Cos that scene and the hilarious gunfights made it a top comedy.

better than hunger games imo, I found the plot and deaths more memorable, and the setting and overarching plot slightly less ridiculous

The premise isn't the issue, it's the horrendous acting and writing, and the inconsistent tone. Am I supposed to take this seriously? Is it total camp? Some parts are obviously jokes, but the rest is so poorly written and acted I can't tell it apart

Dont forget random death chubby the dude gets on the boat as they sail away, this movie is true kino

Of all the criticisms you could make, the tone is pretty original. Maybe it was just 2deep4u kid. :^)

That's a classic
The hunger games these goys are talking about is just a knock off version of it

Nah you're a pleb

Maybe, I think I expected more, since everyone here and on leddit like it so much.
I guess I shouldn't take that as a sign of quality

Its babbys first foreign flick/edgy foreign flick beside oldpleb

Honestly your own fault for watching this trash so late my friend

I wanted to turn it off thirty minutes in, but I forced myself through it. Now it's fucking 40am.
Unreleated, but another issue is EVERY FUCKING NIGHTTIME SCENE IS CLEARLY SHOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING DAY WITH A CHEAP FILTER THROWN ON JESUS IT LOOKS AWFUL

There is not a single good live action Japanese manga adaptation film.

Both

I've watched hundreds of Asian films encompassing every genre; horror, drama, crime, Kung Fu and Samurai to Kung Fu V Samurai and in my expert opinion Battle Royale a pretty good film

i'm embarrassed for y*u then

>This is fucking awesome

There you go OP, I fixed it for you.

Battle Royale is a novel.

I thought Tokyo Tribe was fun desu

I agree it's fucking terrible, I couldn't even finish it. I never expected a movie about people hunting/killing each other would be so dull and poorly-executed

>le contrarian meme

I liked the scene with the poison desu

Genuine 10/10 kino

Just lmfao at your life if you didn't watch this back in highschool

Op is a pleb

this movie was great op

What's better, the novel or the manga?

The pachinko machine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so, CGI tank and all

if you don't like this movie it's because you're probably stupid.

Battoru Loyaru is kino desu senpai.

Kiru yourserefu.

The novel is the original.

The manga is much, much more detailed and dives into a lot of the other students' lives. So it's slower, but not necessarily better. Like, do you want to read a James Bond comic where there's about a chapter of backstory for every mook he kills?

On the plus side, there are a few sex scenes if that's your thing. The art is not your typical anime style and the violence is extreme.

The book is... poorly translated. There aren't terrible errors everywhere but its clunky and awkward. That's the original translation. I haven't read the new translation.

I would recommend the book, and then the manga so you can see a more expanded version, skip the chapters on people you don't give a shit about, etc.

Watch the movie if you just want something extra after that. It follows the concept of the book but diverges pretty quickly from the plot of the novel and ends completely differently.

I believe it

>anyone who doesn't like what I like is just a contrarian

it is a very boring movie. I'm impressed how they were able to make a bunch of jap kids killing each other so bland.

>leddit
Why don't you go back there faggot

Edgy early 2000s cult Jap flick rankings
Plebs: Ichi the Killer
Normal people: Battle Royale
Patricians: Suicide Club

No, you're thinking of Batman

Ascended: Cure

They took it off netflix. :/