How do you visually show a character is insane?

no cliches pls

DAMAGED

MOMS

Have him collect all his bodily fluids in a mug and throw it at people/write stuff on the walls

Have him listen to classical music when he's introduced.

or just show him posting on Sup Forums, its the same thing really

have him post on Sup Forums

make him talk like a fag

all intelligent and shit

shits gay as fuck

but crazy

No film / show I can think of does this except for Hannibal. And Hannibal isn't insane.

It's a 90s cliche. Leon is all that comes to mind at the moment.
Also,
>Hannibal isn't insane

He wears graphic tees even though he's older than 12.

The Master did a great job of portraying how a deeply disturbed person would act in normal social situations

Make him/her calm and collected.

Make him/her show no remorse for any evil deeds they've done and/or believe they do those deeds for a worthy cause.

that could work but its kind of cliche though

You mean not cliche enough!

he has to care a lot, or not care at all about his own health

Have him react to people that are not there.

>hannibal isn't insane

>first in book conversation with him
Will Graham - "You're insane"

hmmm

Have them wear a MAGA hat

Twitchy. You make them twitchy.

And I don't mean the stereotypical "he's about to snap" type stuff you see during the climax of some big dumb action sequence, I mean little uncomfortable tics that just make you think something's wrong with the guy.

Constantly shifting in his seat, never finding quite the right place to rest his hands, eyes always darting to take a look around the room. Little visual cues do a lot more than just pants-on-head insanity.

>he repeats the same actions but with a different approach to achieve his goal
>it literally never gets him anywhere and yet he continues with the same actions telling himself that he's just gotta keep trying
>Pinky and the brain was actual kino
>like how I'm an actual fag

thank you based user, these are the kinds of visual cues I'm looking for

It's quite simple; if they have this stamp on them they're insane.

I was mostly talking about show Hannibal here, as they use classical music there way more often than in the films. In the show it's explained that Hannibal isn't insane, he knows exactly what he's doing.

Constant mugging and high pitched yells

>it's a "do you know the definition of insanity? It's doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" episode.

Seen that episode a hundred times