Who is the biggest bust in sports history?

Who is the biggest bust in sports history?

The player everyone knew was going to be the GOAT but ended up being SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Daigle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Todd Marinovich
The Boz
Tim Tebow
Dan & Dave
Big Baller

Greg oden
brandon roy
andrea bargnani
Lebron james

Alex Daigle

>"Leading up to the 1993 NHL Entry Draft, Daigle was considered a "can't miss" prospect and NHL superstar-in-waiting. The Senators were even accused of deliberately losing games late in the 1992–93 season, their first in the NHL, in order to guarantee the first overall selection and the right to draft him. This prompted an investigation by the NHL, who soon implemented a draft lottery to prevent such things from happening again. The Senators subsequently finished dead last in the 1992–93 league standings, thus securing the rights to the first overall pick."

>"During the 1997–98 season, after four and a half seasons, 74 goals and 172 points in 301 games played, Ottawa finally soured on Daigle and traded him to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for prospect Václav Prospal and another first-round bust, Pat Falloon. With the Flyers, Daigle scored 31 points in 68 games. In January 1999, the Flyers traded Daigle to the Edmonton Oilers, who later that same day traded him to Tampa Bay for Alexander Selivanov. Daigle played only 32 games for the Lightning, collecting six goals and six assists for 12 points. The New York Rangers then acquired Daigle as a reclamation project, sending cash to the Lightning, but they, too, realized the one-time junior superstar was not living up to expectations and waived him at the end of the season. In 58 games with the Rangers, Daigle recorded just 8 goals and 18 assists for 26 points."

>" "I'm glad I got drafted first, because no one remembers number two". Chris Pronger, selected after Daigle with pick two by the Hartford Whalers, was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2015."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Daigle

Len Bias

Literally fucking dead withing 2 days

realistically though 327 pts in 616 games is a pretty respectable career. The only thing wrong is that he was picked 1st

Sam Bowie

Freddy Adu

since when is tim tebow considered a bust? we knew he couldnt throw even in his freshmen year in college

Are you the oldest poster on this board?

Conor McGregor

A

#sponsored

what bugs me is that people go "what if?" about this worthless cokehead noggins yet run guys like JaMarcus Russell into the ground

>LeBron James
>Bust
>pick one

greg oden on the other hand...

THE WHITE MAMBA

Sam Bustford

Jamarcus Russel. He was so bad they had to change rookie contracts

Tim Tebow is gonna lead the Mets to a World Series one day, faggot.

Biggest bust is John Manziel.

It's pretty much universally agreed that the answer is Ryan Leaf, unless you count Len Bias, who got drafted then immediately died.

>Le 5 finals losses
>Not a massive bust

a Leaf is always the biggest bust/faggot/shitposter/cringefest

Mackenzie Dern, or everyone's favorite, Anna Kournikova have pretty huge sporting busts.

Aaron rodgers

Not a bust. Just got drafted by a horrible team that tanked to leave a horrible city

>3...
You know what. I dont have the energy. Have a pity (You) and fuck off with your stale memes

Find it hard to compare anyone to fredy adu who is constantly lowering the bar around the globe.

The nut I just busted in your mom

wtf he is a global brand ambassador, have some #respect

Good post

Rppney

Tony Mandarich

ronda rousey

Ryan Leaf

Remember when this was going to be the next nfl star

>rank in the top 10 all time busts
>on his out of the league
And then the Clots show up and give up a first round pick for him
Christ they are bad

Pulisic.

How's he doing at sevilla nowadays? Has he finally unJUSTed himself?

Christian Pulisic

1/10

Texas A&M University

Francis 'Fox in the Box' Jeffers

Jared mccann
Nail yakupov
Jared tinordi
Alexandre daige
Hugh jessiman
Cam barker
Gilbert brule

I give Bargnani a pass because he was decent until injuries hobbled him plus that draft was shitty at the top other than aldridge and Roy, can't really blame a team for not scouting out Rondo or Lowry.

A bust needs to be someone who's trash, not just picked to high.

Poor Oden, who knows what that guy coulda been

any answer other than Ryan Leaf is wrong

Robinho

Messi if he keeps this up
>no relevant champions cups
>bbbut da stats
Fuck off

I can't tell if you're trolling or really that much of a contrarian

Pulishit just got exposed against Costa Rica m8.

Jonathan dos santos

Freddy Adu

He's right though. Nobody is remembered for le trickery and pace, after a while they're forgotten and only the players with a lot of silverware are remembered.

Messi won four champions leagues

and choked away countless others

did you misread the OP or something? this isn't the "fucking amazing players who won a lot and put up statistics that made old records look like child's play but really could have won more" thread

Maldini won 5 but do you really think people will remember him after 10-20 years?

College Football: Todd "Robo QB" Marinovich
NFL: Ryan Leaf
MLB: Brien Taylor
NBA: Greg Oden
NHL: Alexandre Daigle

yes
and what the fuck does that have to do with whether he was a bust or not, anyway. he was clearly very good

He's not a bad athlete. He's just too stupid to anticipate the direction of the play and could never find a hole to run thru. Worst field vision ever.

I don't see how this could go to anyone else but Jamarcus Russell. There's not drafts in soccer like in other sports which would preclude you from really disappointing anyone as much as Jamarcus did.

people do remember maldini?

only plebs forget about Maldini and those golden years of Milan desu

I mean on a level that people remember fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Henry, etc.

you now remember jozy altidore

Objectively Phil Hughes

There is no bigger bust than literally dying during a game

He was touted as a Gretzky/Lemieux level talent though.

>people saying Ryan Leaf
Jamarcus Russell was a #1 overall and was just as shit if not worse

>Henry
kek you are baiting

Black QBs aren't expected to be good

If one considers an car a athlete, then McLaren-Honda have to be in the conversation: both dominant former champions, supposedly set to compete for the world title, only to piss away a significant fraction of a *billion* dollars while becoming a global laughingstock.

That year was easily far shittier for QBs, even going by pre-draft pedigree. Drafted after Russell were guys like Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Isaiah Stamford, Tyler Thigpen, you get the idea. Nobody panned out

That white basketball player who was amazing in college. He even got the game winning shot in the march madness tourny, I believe.

But he was a complete bust when he came to the NBA.

I forget his name, but I do remember there was an ESPN doc made about him called, "I hate [insert his name here]".

I think it was a Taylor/Tyler something?

>That white basketball player who was amazing in college. He even got the game winning shot in the march madness tourny, I believe.

Who is Christian Laettner

FREDDY ADU
ALEXANDRE PATO
ADRIANO
BALOTELLI

Please watch our sport lol :D

>Laettner played 13 years in the NBA, from 1992–2005, scoring 11,121 points and grabbing 5,806 rebounds.[4] His first six seasons were his best, averaging 16.6 points and 7.9 rebounds per game while starting almost all of them.

he didn't live up to expectations and never really became a franchise player anywhere, but he's by no means the biggest bust ever.

These

Cazorla, Asensio, Odegaard, Capel... Every player pretended by Halal that goes from being the next Messi to ending up being Halal quality

Ryan Leaf

A FUCKING LEAF

>Royston Drenthe.
>Went to Real as a 19 year old.

>After being released by Baniyas in July 2016, Drenthe announced his retirement from playing. He has since begun recording music under the name Roya2Faces.

Sam Bowie was a 12 and 8 guy his whole career. Wasn't even close to the biggest NBA bust, if he'd gone fourth instead of second he'd never even get mentioned.

Renato Sanches

Marinovich is the correct answer, a guy supposed to redefine the lineman position ended up being complete and utter shit.
Boz was actually a solid LB other than that Bo Jackson game (which had more to do with Seattle DL being swiss cheese), calling him a bust is a meme.

greg oden
balotelli
bojan krkic
johnny manziel

>The used to rate drenthe when he first came in madrid

>You'll never already be in decline at age 20.

Daigle and Leaf are the only correct answers

How has nobody said Anthony Bennett?

Because I guy coming into the league fat is expected to bust. Being drafted by Cleveland just guaranteed it

I've always said that about Boz, he was on the right track and then injuries ruined him. There were people that understandably hated him and getting run over by Jackson was that 'moment' for them but the view of him as an outright bust was more seeing what they wanted than seeing what really was.

Wayne Rooney.

Kerlon?

Javier Saviola
Michael Owen
Ricardo Quaresma

I feel like I've heard all those names except Stamford. Who's he?

Anthony Bennett
Darko
Oden
Leaf
Russell
Quinn
Richardson
Thabeet
Adu
Morrison
Young
Matt Leinart
Reggie Bush
Mario Hezonja
Dragan Bender

There's literally dozens of players taken in the top half of first round draft classes that have never even played a down of pro sports.

Meanwhile people hate on Leaf because they are stupid reddit scum

Len "nigger" Bias

>The player everyone knew was going to be the GOAT but ended up being SHIT

No one knew who Anthony Bennett was before he got traded.