>meet french people irl
>asked where they're from
>said Paris

Why are some people this irritable?

>meet africans irl
>asked where they're from
>said their continent

That entirely depends on who you ask

Well, what kind of response would you have wanted ?

Never met an African doing this, blacks in America arent Africans my dude, they lived for far too long in the USA to still be.

You have very bad case of autism

But when black people said "im african" is stupid, i just wanna hear the country where they're from. Not a continent/state/capital/province .

Should we not say what state we're from? The US is a big place.

The states are really unique and stuff. We're a federal republic. In New Mexico they give the laws in Spanish, in Louisiana there are niggers speaking French. So our state is important.

because we identify more with our
home states than our country when were not overseas

people know california and texas, that's about it. I think even a city would be better to name than some state like vermont.

>asked where I'm from
>B-belgium
>Ah yes, I love Germany! ^^ Belgium is a German city right?

most African-Americans do not know which African country they are from

these

Within states there is a distinct cultural difference between natives of that state and people born outside of it.

this. culturally Minnesota is quite different than New York (new york city in particular)

Black Africans are VERY touchy and awkward about national, ethnic, or tribal origins. It's just not something discussed with strangers. Asking an African where they're from/what they are is like asking a westerner "what color underwear do you have on?".

t. Nigerian-Burger

West Virginia and Virginia is another great example.

It quite literally feels like a different country.

>english dude spends 30 minutes telling you about your country/region

niger

What color underwear do you have on?

Almost every time I've met a European in Europe if I just say I'm American they ask what state I'm from afterward. Maybe 60% of the time.

Yanks should say their state, there's nothing wrong with that. Its also important to know a Parisian from a real Frenchman

Depends who I'm talking to, if it's a Mexican or Canadian then I'll say Arizona but to anyone else I'd say SoCal.

>The states are really unique and stuff.
Oh get fucked you stupid, small minded fuckstain. When you aren't talking to your fellow braindead claps, telling someone you are from X state is fucking meaningless and a clear sign that you have both no understanding of how to communicate with people and absolutely no empathy.
Regions within Germany have just as much difference between your shitty little states, and different cantons in Switzerland have people speaking entirely different fucking languages. Your people have absolutely no sense of awareness about the world beyond your local borders; this is the real reason why you bleat out the state you are from when speaking to foreigners. It's the biggest region you understand.

Americans are fucking disgusting people. You do not deserve modernity.

It's not stupid, it's just how they contextalize themselves, intolerant faggot.

oh god the angry 3rd-world-wannabe aussies are awake now

Why shouldn't I say my state the U.S is fucking huge and every state is vastly different.

Dude

Nobody cares about your quaint little meme provinces that exist outside America

If you know where they're from why are you asking?

The "each state is like a unique nation" thing is pretty autistic, desu.

t. literal retard

just because your country has little to no culture besides skin cancer and the fact that your states are literally indistinguishable from one another beside that big abo one doesn't mean the USA is the same. Vermont is extremely different from Arizona which is extremely different from Florida which is extremely different from Washington which is extremely different from North Dakota. This extends to the culture as well due to the primary immigrant population. Sure, Mississippi and Alabama aren't very different from the outside observer, but just next door to Mississippi is Louisiana which is an entirely different beast.

Shove your cultureless head up your sunburnt ass, fucking bogan.

We definitely have cultural regions within the US, like the South, the Midwest, Texas, New England. Maybe a state doesn't have a vastly different culture from the state adjacent to it but Vermont definitely has nothing to do with, say Tennessee.

Why?

t. never been away from the US long enough to realize how similar every part of it is to every other part

^this

America was such a giant dog pile of different cultures that different states developed different cultures how is that hard to understand.

t. arrogant prissy know it all faggot

most people know our states though, or at least have some grasp of American regions and will have heard the name before. It may be inadvertently dick waving our cultural dominance but it really isn't meant that way. I always just say that I'm "from the States", so that there is absolutely nothing for a Euro, Canuck, or other assorted foreigner to get autistic over

I swear to you, I've seen/lived in more of the world than you have. My dad was an FSO in 9 countries while I was living with him.

Based straya Boi

>I've never travelled

having commonalities of infrastructure designs and the same or comparable companies and businesses across the country really isn't the same as being very similar. People are quite different in different parts of the country and you have to be a total rube to be unable to comprehend that

This is the same in Yurop. Boland and Belgium have very similar looking roads and towns but Poles and Belgians I assume are quite culturally distinct

not to mention that Lidl is everywhere in yurop

>ask mexican where he comes from
>>a-austin
>Oh cool, where in austin?
>austin

it's like that iceberg of cultural traits image that floats around here. An idiot looking around and sticking to his very first impressions without really speaking or knowing people would think most of the country was quite similar or just copies of the same things all over the place. Someone actually having a broad social circle and capable of developing and maintaining relationships would come to understand that people in different cultural regions and within them can be so very different from each as to almost be akin to dealing with different nationalities.

Take someone from the Northeast and put them in with a Midwesterner and you'll what I mean

No ,no matter how bigger or relevant is the state/city. If you are in another country you should say just "From the US or I'm american ". Thats all.
Some people around the world don't know where is Chicago,just response that you are american

Daily reminder that the true spirit of Europe and European culture moved to America along with all the valuable, free-thinking people searching for opportunity in the emerging USA. There is a reason why the American Dream is American.
All the """"Europeans"""" that left on this horrible excuse of a continent were cowardly, uncreative subhumans with slave mentality. Their unwarranted sense of self-importance is derived entirely from the achievements of distant people from distant times. In reality, they have nothing.
They jerk off to Roman sculptures as if they had anything to do with them, smugly state their supposed superiority, and moments later go back to watching American movies, playing American games, eating American food, writing in American (NOT british) English, and enjoying the American world they ungratefully live in.
A modern """"""European""""""" is a pathetic hypocritical dwarf, not only uncapable of admitting the American superiority, but also uncapable of acknowledging it at all. It is a walking case of a cultural and existential equivalent of Dunning-Kruger syndrome.
Pay them no mind, for any spark of attention only furthers their sad process of devolution and disfigurement.

God bless the United States of America

yeah because new york city is fucking garbage