Is this the Sgt Peppers of Hip Hop?

Is this the Sgt Peppers of Hip Hop?

In the way that it's producer driven, sprawling, has goof humor and is psychedelic but that's super surface level.

>Good albums that were massively overrated as genius milestones in their respective genres
i'll give 3 feet a bit more respect because it did so being their first album. Sgt. Pepper of hip hop is unironically Dark Fantasy

yes, and the turtles lawsuit pretty much killed hip hop as an artform shortly after

Fuck the Turtles man

How was it killed as an art form when it continued improving and then became the dominant American musical genre of our time?

I believe it pretty much killed plunderphonics for a while

Paul's Boutique and 3 Feet High And Rising are considered the greatest Hip Hop albums of all time. But would literally be impossible to make in 2018 with sampling laws in place.
I would say the only benefit of this is that it made Hip Hop artist go more creative on making beats. But we could have got so much good plunderphonics.

How high's the water, mama?

De La Soul is Dead is better

>Paul's Boutique and 3 Feet High And Rising are considered the greatest Hip Hop albums of all time.
By who? The consensus GOAT rap record is Illmatic. For the record I agree with you and I consider Paul's Boutique the true GOAT. People don't give golden age stuff a fair shake imo

>The consensus GOAT rap record is Illmatic

By who?

You're kidding right? Most rappers say so. Just google "best rap album ever lists" or "rapper lists best hip-hop albums". Illmatic will show up at #1 more than any other. 36 chambers probably wouldn't be far behind

>By who?
Look at RYM. Both albums are in the top 1000 with Paul being at #219 overall and 18th highest rated Hip Hop album and De La at #748 overall and 41st highest rated Hip Hop album
The general consensus for the GOAT rap record is definitely like Illmatic or 36 Chambers (which is top fucking 40 on RYM) But my point is people really love both albums. And they get massive respect.

I won't argue, Paul's and 3 Feet High are both legendary. But yeah 36 Chambers and Illmatic are the names that come up most.

>The consensus GOAT rap record is Illmatic
Whitey's first Preemo isn't considered the best anything.

Fuck RYM.

fuk u

Miles Davis said Paul's Boutique was the GOAT and his opinion holds more weight than any crackhead rapper.

>Most rappers say so
Source, faget.

>faget
Why the homophobia?

Why the homofeelia?

>RYM
also known as the Sup Forums discord? as if their ratings mean anything

Are A Tribe Called QUest the beatles of Hip Hop?

Yes

Beatles are actually exciting.
So nah.

Nah, Will Smith is the Paul McCartney of hiphop.

>Beatles are actually exciting.
I lol'd.

Say that to my balls and see that you don't have to sway that load.

No it’s better

You seem pretty desperate to empty those balls, I take it the dating scene is pretty dry in your area? Or is it because you're in the area?

My favorite rap album is MM Food but I'm a rap newfag desu
: /