Vampire Movies

Recommend me some good/great vampire movies/films, Sup Forums.

>inb4 Twilight series
>inb4 OP can't inb4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W2w3H_oLSIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Be careful though as its actually very good film so you might be made insecure if you have a videogame mindset.

A true admirer of vampire movies has to see the granddaddy that started them all: Nosferatu.

I'm still creeped out watching his shadow move up that staircase.

second this.

Liked it but you have to enjoy atmospheric movies to get much out of it.

On the other end of the vampire movie spectrum there is...
youtube.com/watch?v=W2w3H_oLSIU

this was absolute dog shit

>vamire hunter d
hell yeee....
>bloodlust
nah.

I also second this.

>bloodlust
>nah.
eat shit.
pic related

What's the Vamp film that's most similar in atmosphere to Cat People because I want to watch it

greatest cast

30 Days of Night

wtf are you talking about, senpai. The only other Vampire Hunter D movie has abysmal animation.

abysmal animation? it's old as fuck, what did you expect? to be fair, I may have nostalgia goggles for the first one. finding out that D was actually dracula's son was bad ass to me. maybe it was telegraphed, I don't recall. bloodlust didn't have the same impact or reveal to me.

Near Dark (1986)

The greatest

Byzantium
Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural
The Vampire Lovers/Lust for a Vampire/Twins of Evil
Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter
Near Dark
Vamp (the Grace Jones one)
Fright Night 1&2 (originals)
Lair of the White Worm
Interview with the Vampire
Eternal
The Lost Boys 1&3 (2 is okay)
Blood and Roses
Daughter of Darkness (the 90s tv movie with Anthony Perkins and Mia Sara. Lovecraftian vampires with a tongue that split in two and a small tentacle with teeth comes out)
Vampyres (1974)
The Hunger (one of my personal favorite)
Innocent Blood (it's been a long time since I saw that one. Not sure if it holds up, I remember it being a little cheesy even back then)
Dracula's Daughter (very underated Kino)
Transylvania 6-5000 ;)
Nick Knight (Forever Knight's first pilot before it was remade)

TV Series:
Blood Ties
Forever Knight (very VERY low budget and with a lot of silly episodes, but still a really good vamp show overall. The last season is fucking DARK tough. Everyone dies, even if they have to die off-screen. I'm still not over that)
Carmilla (web series. Like a low budget Buffy without the actions scenes. Worth the watch though)
Vampire High (sounds silly, but it's a great series. Vampire: the Masquerade the series, basically. It's NOT about vamps going to school wth humans. The vamps are in the basement trying to learn to pass as human. A big part of that is not killing the humans that live near them)
Dracula: The Series (it's with a young Mia Kirshner)

The Hunger

It's great. It doesn't have as much nudity though.

Close. This is the greatest.

Great up until the ending muh inject myself

I'd of rather they all just fucking died

The second one was fucking dreadful.

Is that a comedy version of this?
(this is a great movie btw).

bloodlust is about the aesthetic impact, and in that regard it absolutely blows the first film out of the water

plus 1985 is right smack in the technical heyday of japanese animation, it looked bad at the time, its not a result of it aging

it's a Disney Original Movie kino yeah its similar just less violence all around

Underworld

Underworld Evolution

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Pretend the series ends after these three.

>all these recommendations
>no Let Me In
what happened to Sup Forums?

Not if you read the book first ;_;

The movie is great on it's own, but it's a shit adaptation of a great book. And by adaptation I mean it has 2 characters with a similar name as in the novel and that's about it.

You mean the yank version of Let The Right One In because they just can't fucking leave things alone.

On top of that they both fucking sucked anyway.

We grew up.

Muh cunny, muh bullying. That shit had an impact when we were 14 pretending to be 18.

Not that I ever did that.

Joking asside, Let Me In/Let the Right One In are good movies, but they're not that memorable as vampire movies go. That girl (a trap in the novel I think) vamp was a bargain bin Claudia. It felt like some Vampire Chronicle self-insert fanfic at time. Little bullied boy is saved by Claudia.

True but I never compare books to movies. Only ever sets you up for disappointed.