>episodes largely focus on one character
>no B-plots
>30 minutes per episode
>no end of episode payoff punchline

what the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9shZ6a45L7Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Made the best of the difficult scheduling situation. I suggest watching the chrono-cut then rewatching the series proper. Only then will you have watched the season three times.

youtube.com/watch?v=9shZ6a45L7Y

is the chrono cut out yet?

THIS. WANT.

yeah it really sucked donkey dick, wish they would have just left it alone

Lack of character interactions and pacing were definitely a huge problem caused by actors being unavailable together, the comedy never really works, but the whole structure of intertwined events being revisited from different POVs is still pretty cool and unique.

currently re-watching the first season

such a good show

Was Fantastic Four: the Musical the best S4 arc?

everyone goes on about how you "miss" things the first time around

what sort of things

lots of foreshadowing, both subtle and incredibly blatant (yet you don't pick up on its significance the first time around)

ah I see

Haven't watched it since release so can't remember but the Sup Forums threads were pretty cool, mostly background gags and hints at plotline developments, innuendos, etc.

This. Gets better with second viewing.

I watched this for the first time recently. They were so fucking ahead of the curve. Single cam shows didn't pick up until like 2007 and this show was doing weird obtuse shit in 2004. It's very fun, I love the cousin love situation.

One such plot development that the writers started to foreshadow but never followed through on was about Tobias being revealed to be a black man with a rare skin condition. Arrested Development star Alia Shawkiat spilled the beans in an interview, saying:

“[The writers have] gone on little tangents where you think they’re going to start a storyline and they’ll pull it back. I remember they were going to do one about Tobias actually being a rare black person, where he would have this rare disease and was actually black. It’s these hysterical, crazy ideas that they could have continued on.”

Tobias: I am surprised that she’s going after somebody so similar to my own type.
(in reference to Lindsay flirting with Ice the Bounty Hunter, from the episode “Good Grief”)

Lindsay: People hear the name Tobias, they think ‘big black guy.’
Tobias: Well, obviously, I’m not a big guy. I’m not a Carl Weathers, par example. (from the episode “Afternoon Delight”)
Lucille: Michael. I was almost attacked last night in my own home. I walk in and there’s a colored man in my kitchen.
Michael: “Colored?” What color was he exactly?
Lucille: Blue. (

Lindsay (to Maeby): I don’t know where that hair of yours came from. (in reference to how Maeby’s frizzy hair hurt her chances in child beauty pageants, from the episode “Notapusy”)

Lucille’s housekeeper Lupe is always wearing the Bluths’ old holiday clothing that is two holidays behind. In “In God We Trust,” she wears a “BOO!” sweatshirt during a Christmas party. In “Marta Complex,” she wears a “Gobble Gobble” sweatshirt on Valentine’s Day. In “The Cabin Show,” there’s a flashback to 1994 in which she’s wearing a Bush/Quayle sweatshirt.

In “Public Relations,” George-Michael is at the banana stand talking about how he “managed to send a bum away without hurting his feelings.” Then, there’s a shot of a homeless man with a “Bluths Bananas” balloon (with the Bananagrabber on it).

Later on in the episode, there’s a shot of a newspaper and a tiny headline at the bottom reads “Bum Gets Balloon”:

>Bum Gets Balloon

fucking hell I just watched that episode and never realised

Buster seeing the hand chair when he goes to "Mexico" and saying "I never thought I'd miss a hand so much"

In “The One Where They Bought a House,” George Sr.’s yarmulke tan line is visible when he’s arrested in Mexico.

He's going to be all right

do you think they'll pull a "she's actually still alive"?

Didn't even finish this season.