Westworld

Bit late to the party but I've only just finished Westworld.

I'll have to admit it was captivating, but it wasn't really that great.

So many plot holes and flaws, I didn't care about any of the characters. Loads of obvious storylines.

Where are they going to go in season 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0070909/
bustle.com/articles/198450-clues-that-elsie-is-alive-on-westworld-more-easter-eggs-can-be-found-on-delos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Plotholes: The Show

what are the plotholes

Why the fuck would anyone bring their kids to Westworld?

You'll find the plot holes in the centre of the maze

What happens in between William banishing Logan? How does transition to becoming a major shareholder of Westworld?

Season 2 we find out everyone is a host

hur

dur

Maeve and everything related to her.

Sounds like you are describing any Nolan movie

Mean for
Fuck I'm stupid.

Life lessons

They are just robots. killing a robot infront of a kid is same as breaking a pencil infront of a kid.

This has to be a joke.

>I swear to Christ Timmy if you don't get at least a C I'm leaving you in Ghost Nation territory.

Why didn't he tell his superior once his shift was over?

I thought it was pretentious and overwritten. Too many twists and reveals. The Maeve storyline made LITERALLY zero sense. I also wanted way more of a "protagonist enters Westworld for the first time and experiences it" shit because the stuff with Jimmy and his cunt brother in law was the only actual characterization which took place and even that was strained.

At least the shrinkfags finally got BTFO.

> I didn't care about any of the characters
Not anthony hopkins or the ayylmao looking qt?
Not much of a rind on her.

Wouldn't it be more akin to smashing sculptures in legoland in front of a kid?
It's BM.

Hmm, now that I think about it.
If you paid top dollar to go legoland with permission to do whatever you want, would you destroy everything?
I don't think I would.

Because she dindu nuffin, senior hitler.

>If you paid top dollar to go legoland with permission to do whatever you want, would you destroy everything?
If I knew it would all be restored by the following morning, I'd have a crack at some of it, yeah.

Guys what should I watch instead of this? I've seen GoT, The Wire, BrBa, Black Mirror and a few other of the supposedly-amazing TV shows that came out in the last few years.

>muh robots can kill people by design
>2 episodes later robots kill shittons of people cause lol who cares

>actor disappear for some random excuses
>no real explaination

> Where are they going to go in season 2?

the film imdb.com/title/tt0070909/ has two other -worlds in it; Medieval World and Future World. So, one of those maybe?

It wasn't future world, it was a Roman world.

How did nobody ever notice that Bernard looked exactly like the guy who helped start the park, how did nobody else ever notice that? Have all the people who were around during that time left the company, did Ford never show that picture of him to anybody but Bernard? And why would he take such a massive risk by making a host who looked like his old partner, if all he needed was a host to help him program better hosts why in the fuck did that host have to look like his partner and even have some of the same memories as his old partner? That was the only plothole I could think of.

Is Anthony Hopkins a robot?

Yeah I was wondering that too, unless everyone who works there is a host and he just changed their code so they wouldn't remember what Arnold looked like

Yes you are stupid. There is not one single plothole relating to Maeve. Her interactions with the tech guys are retarded and poorly written, sure, but this is not a plot hole.

>I didn't understand it
>so it made zero sense
what

But why didn't they ever go to their superiors about what happened, why did this fucking guy not rat on her? It wasn't like he seemed to like her very much, why was he willing to get his mate to secretly wipe her memory but wasn't willing to take it to his superiors?

No, but that dumbass Asian tech that pumped gigganigga's intelligence was absolutely a host.

>Gigganigga
>lol

Plothole means logical inconsistency in the narrative. What you are pointing out is just shitty writing.

Supposedly, Maeve is blackmailing the bald guy over him fucking some androids when no one watches. After things start escalating, he is just in too deep to rat them out, and knows he will get sacked if any superiors find out. So his only option at that point is wiping out her memory and pretend nothing happened, but he fails.

This is valid.

The way how Westworld's control system works is pretty solid. It's not perfect, but the hosts are definitely at a disadvantage (humans have auditory control over them, constantly bringing them offline, updating or downgrading their code, being able to influence their memories, abilities and intellect etc). That guy should not have taken any of Maeve's shit after she fucked him up with the scalpel.

Eh fair enough, it just seems a little unrealistic tha a guy would still be so completely and utterly dominated by fear of losing his job when it becomes apparent that they're losing control over the robots, I'd think self-preservation in a purely physical sense would overwhelm his desire to protect his job. Still as you say that's more shitty writing, would this qualify as a plot hole though? It really does just seem bizarre, have none of the staff from the early days of the park ever met Bernard, are they all dead or something?

>That guy should not have taken any of Maeve's shit after she fucked him up with the scalpel.
Yeah that's the point where it just gets a little ridiculous, I'd think robots going crazy and attacking people would be more terrifying to someone then losing their job, for fucks sake the guy basically had a near death experience. Is the economy in westworld really that bad?

Biggest disappointment of the decade hands down. Thank God it fell to pieces early unlike Lost which kept me hanging on until the bitter, disappointing end.

Yeah the Bernard = Arnold plot point is the only thing that would need further explanation to make sense. I guess they can come up with a reason like "Ford fired everyone after Arnold's death and hired only new people" but it would be underwhelming.

Good now you can watch it 3+ times like the rest of us

confirmed for dumbfuck

Arnold's death was covered up by Ford, and his existence was wiped out from everywhere. Ford's photo is the only one that shows Arnold in the past, there are no more records. Everyone in the show who talks about Arnold speaks about it as if it was some kind of myth.

If that were true there wouldn't be age ratings for films and video games

Agreed with the plot holes. No idea why this show is getting such a free pass with its terrible writing. The Walking Dead gets shit on every week yet Westworld is some gift from god.

>it's another "Sup Forums doesnt understand what a plothole is" episode

fuckin procedurals, man

Cease all acting talent.

I finished watching it the other day.
The show died along with echo and locke
And holy fuck is there a lot of cucking, I only noticed halfway though because of the predictability of it.
Got really annoying, like a waste of my time, having to sit through another person parading their fetish.
I managed to count 14 instances and 2 reverse.

>Good things about the show
Ed Harris
The William becoming the Man in Black storyline

>Bad things about the show
Pretty much everything else

What the fuck happened to Elsie? She was 2nd best girl after Armistice.

Dead.

Noooooo

Did you miss Bernard's flashbacks after his memories were restored? He asks Ford if he's ever been ordered to hurt someone before and he flashes back to strangling Elsie.

Literally has zero plotholes. People keep using that word but that's not what it means. The Maeve stuff is stupid, but it's not a plothole and overall the stupid bits take about 10 minutes in total. The maze isn't a plothole, retards. The robot girl was supposed to find that maze, that's the narrative Ford created. The maze was to remind her of Arnold's original program. Which is what it does, which is why she changes in the ending there. How are you retards not getting this.

>The Maeve stuff is stupid

it's completely retarded, even if the entire thing was scripted by someone from the get-go

>hardcore phsyically threaten one of your allies
>go to sleepy mode
>not use that tablet thing to completely lobotimize that bitch after she's cut your throat

>send the main security guy into westworld
>gets kidnapped/killed off screen
>never resolved

she's not dead. An audio recording on the website confirms that she's still alive.

>the website
uh huh, ok junior.

What

>Clues That Elsie Is Alive On ‘Westworld’ & More Easter Eggs Can Be Found On Delos' Foreboding Websites
bustle.com/articles/198450-clues-that-elsie-is-alive-on-westworld-more-easter-eggs-can-be-found-on-delos

>Websites
yeah, uh huh. ok squirt.

The fruits of the storytelling are worth the suspension of disbelief to get on the ride. If only all television shows were as ambitious with a fantastic lead such as Anthony Hopkins to man the helm, television would overall be in a far greater and more elevated state.

Sorry if you can't see that.

The worst thing about Westworld was that it was just fucking dull.

>are they all dead or something?
Introducing Westworld: A show by M. Night Shyamalamadingo