Could rock make a mainstream comeback if it returned to a simpler, masculine sound?

Could rock make a mainstream comeback if it returned to a simpler, masculine sound?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co
youtube.com/watch?v=TX3Acs8zQ0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*blocks your path*
youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

Nah, Mainstream music is more about aesthetic than the music itself. Rock has to colide with trends in order to become popular again and since what's trending now is nigger culture I don't see that happening any time soon, but I could be wrong tho.

>Wolfmother 2.0

Mac demarco and co. Have proved that their blend of "chill" and jazzy kind of rock (similar to rnb) is what attracts more audience

could you stop making these threads?
You dont know anything about rock music because when zepplin debuted the critics hated them.

Why do you need music to be masculine?
Are you that weak of a man that you need to live through others?

I would fucking kill you myself if i saw you in person op.

You are the cancer killing mu

Rock will never make a comeback, any more than romanticism, dadaism, classicism, baroque, bebop, funk, or anything else that was fresh at some point before becoming yesterday's news.

nice gets, sadly no. has your reason why, aesthetic is a way bigger part of music now. on the bright side, maybe with the rise of (shitty) artists like XXXTentacion more people will be inspired to make guitar-driven music.

>QUINTUPS CHECKED
Quintups tell the future ya know?

fag

yeah millennials just love steely dan

there are like 5 threads made every day

"OMG IS ROCK DEAD CAUSE IT DONT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A MAN"

Is one of them

I think its probaly one guy.

i cant really see. machismo coming back in any serious way for decades.

Steely Dan is the shit rip Walter becker. Donald fagens solo albums are tip top too

What made rock great was and always has been songwriting. As soon as there's a return to songwriting, there will be a resurgence of rock.

it will be back, and not in this bullshit revivalist form that everything has had to be in the last 20 years

it will be back but it will be new and improved

Rock will have it's rebirth, but be patient.

I have never listened to Led Zeppelin and never will.

You need to be 18+ to post here.

>MUH ESSENTIALS

Fuck. Off. I've never heard a single Rollin Stones, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath tune as well. Get triggered.

I suppose you haven't heard this classic either, then?

The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd (except for their debut)

Except for that Jojo meme song, no

>I'll never listen to good music and there's nothing you can do about it! haha xd!!!
Your loss

Whatever the market wants will be popular. Whatever the next trend is aesthetically will determine the popular music, fashion, etc. Something triggers that change, it's usually the nostalgia of the new generation of people working in the appropriate industries.
There might be a big rock band on the horizon, but it's almost guaranteed to be a Beatles/Radiohead inspired band that maybe has Pink Floyd influences as well.

The problem with rock music and why it's dead in the 2010's is because it has not innovated in 8 years and has brought nothing new to the table or created new sounds like hip hop has. if rock artists experiment more with their sound and also make it commercially successful maybe then rock will have a comeback. as of now rock music sucks and it should stay dead.

>dadrock
>good

>masculinity in [current year]

trap music is like 15 years old

>EGG xD *fart*

Greta van fleet is overrated as hell imo, i dont know why but their songs just rub me the wrong way

still a fag.

be quiet nigger

>from left to right
Courtney Barnett
Dave Grohl
Captain Beefheart
Grimes

>le Jojo meme
That's not even the right album pleb. If you refuse to listen to influential rock canon then your opinion is inherently worth less.

Probably because they're literally Zeppelin rip-offs even worse than Wolfmother?

rap is machismo and its doing better than ever.

im not talking about trap. there is no death grips for rock music.

Don't ignore Uncle Acid you fuck

Are they good?

Yeah they're pretty good. They produce on analogue equipment to give them an authetic 60s/70s heavy psych sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=TX3Acs8zQ0c

Rock legends like Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Mick Jagger, and David Bowie where pretty homoerotic. All the hair bands from the 80's are just as homoerotic as Kpop groups (And both got/get teenage girls wet). The sound can be more masculine but for it to succeed the visual should be some gay shit, bitches love that crap.

lol who gives a shit

But we already had simpler "masculine" rock in the form of White Stripes, Black Keys, Wolfmother, etc. Hasn't really worked out that well this decade.

The simple, masculine equivalents is trap music and some of the more bombastic EDM out there in today's time.

Rock's time is just up. Nothing fresh yet accessible has really come from the genre in quite a while now. The post-grunge/post-punk REVIVAL/garage rock REVIVAL really killed it in the 2000s, and the psych REVIVAL of late 2000s/2010s isn't helping either. Someone can mention a band like Swans who definitely released some cool material in the 2010s (they are my favorite band) but they are very far from mainstream appeal. If more rock bands had embraced using electronics then the genre would be doing much better. The biggest rock band of the 2000s (Linkin Park) did just that (don't give me the Linkin Park sucks shtick, this isn't about quality/taste.) But most others didn't, and that's their downfall.

Even the opinions among rock fan types is that the music needs to be more like the old rather than embrace the new to find the actual possibilities in it rather than just talking shit about bad examples of the new and then never considering it going beyond that.

interesting take

So is electronics like, synths and sampling and shit then?

yes

This.

rock was invented by black people edgelord

rock n roll was invented by black people
rock was invented by white people

>Pink Floyd (except for their debut)
but its by FAR their best

what about effect pedals?

t. contrarian

it's the same thing

also, Jimi Hendrix

>Jimi Hendrix
An anomaly.

>it's the same thing
wew what a pleb

rock is short for rock'n'roll

which was invented by black people

served as the basis for all future popular music

and not even a decade had passed.

We are not going to discuss this. You are deluded if you think otherwise. It's not a matter of opinion. It's history.

no, rap is cheaper and easier to make and market and you don't have to worry about bands breaking up and stuff ruining your corporate investments

although rock and roll was invented by blacks I feel like its a white mans music (with some exceptions), same with eletronic music though.

If rock ever needs to succeed someone has to be really autistically creative enough to push it to another level, unfortunately alot of people are too scared to do so.

>agreeing with a trollposter

kek

See, this user gets it. We need some Human After All-sounding rock in the 2020’s if rock is going to go anywhere.

Who cares? Stop fucking whining already neckbeard

> on Sup Forums

>Uninspired Zeppelin rip off.

Black smoke rising is alright because it's slightly less blatant

Except wolfmother was good

I reckon no. The problem is that instead of listening to new young fresh artists like Royal Blood, people keep dickriding the same shit that they listened to when they were young

id like to believe this but even then it will most likely be an underground movement unless it happens to fall into the short attention span of america.

What does this mean?

>mfw waiting for the day some autistic teen picks up a guitar and makes some crazy stuff

Their self-titled was good, Cosmic Egg was a travesty.

they literally sound like they're mocking Led Zeppelin

Ergo I said was. The band started to suck when Chris and Myles quit

Hip hop has done absolutely nothing and now you have literal clowns like this crowd of xanax rappers. The industry is making fun of you to your face and you refuse to acknowledge it.

cursed image?

No, it didn't work for the Nu-Classic Metal Bands

One of them doesn't belong
Short-haired faggot BEGONE

He's brothers with the other two on the right.

>aesthetic is a way bigger part of music now
Wrong. It's not any bigger than it was back then.
The problem is nowadays it's all about aesthetics.

Again, what does this mean? Like, if you're talking "composition" so like harmonic progressions or w/e, that has never really been that diverse in rock music outside what a few prog guys or artsy fartsy types like Beatles/Bowie/Radiohead do.

>Not listening to Hendrix or Morrison
The definition of a faggot nu-male

Death grips is shit

But that's the manliest shit ever. Only the manliest of men can pull off long hair while looking like a man like the 80s Glam Metal bands could.

Glam guys used to get shit for looking the way they do the same way trap rappers get shit for looking the way they do, too.

Rap's frontman(Kanye West) is a literal manlet

its one thing being heavily inspired by someone, but essentially just ripping off there sound 1 for 1 is tasteless af.

it literally just soyboys cover led zepplin the band

>White Stripes
>masculine
No

Rock descended from Rock and Roll

This doesn't explain why there's no good solo rock artists then.

>I've never heard a single Rollin Stones, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath tune as well.
you're lying

He needs some meat on those bones!

That doesn't look like Led Zeppelin that looks like a few losers dressing up like Led Zeppelin.

So did Plant.

He should grow his hair out to match his band partners

You've never heard satisfaction, smoke on the water, or iron man/paranoid? You're just lying at this point my dude

Shut the fuck up kiddie faggot

I feel like he doesn't because that's the only fucking way you'd be able to tell them apart.

Yet they looked cool as fuck
Trap rappers are niggers so can't be helped