Why do british "rappers"/grimers or whatever they like to call themselves even try at this point...

Why do british "rappers"/grimers or whatever they like to call themselves even try at this point? none of them have attained the level of praise or fame American, or even Canadian and Australian (Iggy is terrible but still better than brits) rappers have.

it's embarrassing and your voice sounds stupid. all of you. seriously. the only worse sounding rappers are from france.

youtube.com/watch?v=xdzX35VDVZE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IT1XIz_YJB4
youtu.be/7nnLBzzQk-I
youtu.be/lnI5sc0puYQ)
youtube.com/watch?v=gNoDgHnB1Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=K4LWhwpVgog
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHFL8WY-_cI
youtu.be/sZNiewaknLQ
youtu.be/IALEMoBDlsk
youtu.be/ROc8qcM7W60https://youtu.be/f10yTpZzuv4
youtu.be/ROc8qcM7W60
youtu.be/f10yTpZzuv4
youtube.com/watch?v=x0tKmNndImE&t=46s
youtube.com/watch?v=j9F7Ox2cv2A
youtube.com/watch?v=kYWuhGG6QcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JVzt4CKpzCU
youtu.be/XtKdPYnHEtc
youtube.com/watch?v=vlmO1M1kqCs
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsU
youtube.com/watch?v=Jg9mJEE5PeQ
youtu.be/QVQFilmqa7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's so unfortunate, the accent makes it unlistenable except as a novelty. worse so than even reggae. hell half of these brits try to imitate a jamaican accent when they rap.
the streets is the only grime artist i've been able to genuinely get into and appreciate, maybe because he has truly thoughtful and compelling lyrics, but even that i was introduced by their funny novelty song about why weed is good and alcohol is teh suxx0rz (this is how we would have said it back then)

They get pretty famous within the UK and get quite a bit of money from it. Grime is nowhere near to American rap in terms of popularity, but is 100 times more deserving. Listen to the genius wordplay on these for example- youtu.be/IT1XIz_YJB4
youtu.be/7nnLBzzQk-I

The UK scene is only getting bigger, for example Drake collaborating with rappers like Santan Dave (Who is by the way the most talented person to come out of the UK in years. He created this masterpiece when he was 17- youtu.be/lnI5sc0puYQ)

listening to the first one, it's cool but it's poetry not rap, it seems to have more in common with high school tier poetry than with us rap. the beat sounds out of place, cargo-cultish

>100 times more deserving

you're literally retarded, this guy is at least 20 years behind rappers out today. that shit was rudimentary as fuck.

big l wrote this over 20 years ago and it buries whatever that shit you had me listening to
youtube.com/watch?v=gNoDgHnB1Hk

the only reason Drake collabs with your domestic rappers is to reach as many demographics as well and increase his own popularity.

and why do you call it grime anyways? besides being inferior what's the difference?

>americans trying and failing to understand british hip hop
just leave, it's not for you.

>its poetry not rap
Its lyrical rap, better known as grime. Grime is also known for its unique, raw, 140 bpm beats which is why you might find it different.

You either didn't listen to it or all the bars went over your head my friend :^)

Americans trying to understand british hip hop? No, you're confused. America is the birthplace of hip hop and home to the most legendary rappers to ever live. YOUR shitty country is the one having trouble understanding rap music as evidenced by the lack of skill, innovation, crossover popularity or talent that comes from your wack ass country

you do realize you just posted a meme video right? It's not to be taken seriously. Andy jenkinson is pretty fuckin talented with his 303.
youtube.com/watch?v=K4LWhwpVgog

EVERYBODYS GOT A GUN

SHOOTING EVERYBODY THROUGH THE HEAD WITH A GUN

>it's not for you.
wait, you're not doing it to try to impress us?! I'm sorry, there's been a misunderstanding.
>unique, raw, 140 bpm beats
but i enjoy these same type beats when they're marketed as edm trap music and there's no rapping. it's corny to rap on these kind of beats.

ok but what I'm saying is exactly that, ANY british rap is a meme. I don't know a singular American who listens to that shit. its sad but its fact. It sounds too ass to even consider. sorry.

Am I a pleb for preffering ceephax to his brother?
Because if I am I don't want to be a patrician.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHFL8WY-_cI

>edm trap music
It can literally be anything as long as its 140 bpm or close. Don't base your opinion off one instrumental, the variation is endless. It also takes more talent to rap om a faster beat than most Americans do.
youtu.be/sZNiewaknLQ
youtu.be/IALEMoBDlsk

>I don't know a singular American who listens to that shit
God's chosen race being the dictators of good taste eh?

didn't even think of it but these motherfuckers don't even have guns over there. there gangsta rap must sound real sweet.

andy is easy listening, but fun. Tom is more serious and jazzy, harder to get into. Probably that's why he's considered 'patrician' by more people. And you can't deny he's a fucking monster drum programmer. That guy is crazy intelligent

hahahahah triggered much? jeez

so it was bait then. good, because if someone seriously thought that life is gonna be real challenging.

Oh they have plenty of guns, but they sre used less because of the heavy jail sentence. They also arent flashed in music videos for the same reason. They definitley have guns though theres a reason why London has the highest knife crime rate in the world.

As for UK gangster rap-
youtu.be/ROc8qcM7W60https://youtu.be/f10yTpZzuv4

british great contribution to modern music eschews lyrics for raw electronic energy. maybe im too american but grime beats to me feel like DAW preset wank with no soul, just trying to show americans "us too!"

I fucked up
youtu.be/ROc8qcM7W60
youtu.be/f10yTpZzuv4

>amerimutts being proud of their nigger culture

youtube.com/watch?v=x0tKmNndImE&t=46s

britcore is great
youtube.com/watch?v=j9F7Ox2cv2A

oldschool grime isn't really hip-hop because the beats are way too next level
youtube.com/watch?v=kYWuhGG6QcQ

some underrated traditional underground stuff as well
youtube.com/watch?v=JVzt4CKpzCU

Did you not hear the lyrics on any of the examples posted ITT? More intelligent wordplay and lyricism than any american bullshit.

these little dudes threw a few smoke bombs on the ground and rap in front of a Hyundai Elantra and its gangsta rap?

> british great contribution to modern music eschews lyrics for raw electronic energy
i was talking about earlier-than-grime electronic stuff

Rap
RNB
Funk
Gospel
Soul
Rock n' Roll

yeah I'll take that over the beatles and electronic music thanks

at least it isn't as bad as aussie 'hip-hop'

iggy had a hit, brits don't last i checked

I know you wouldnt start shit with them.
youtu.be/XtKdPYnHEtc

If the best UK rappers were american they would be praised as gods. Fuck off and go listen to your six nine please.

I'm American and I like grime
OP is a faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=vlmO1M1kqCs

What electronic music?

GOAT GRIME SONG COMING THROUGH
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsU
>What electronic music?
hiphop

even though grime is uniformly terrible to american audiences, mf doom and slick rick are still within the top 10 rappers of all time easily

kek

sorry but america is just a lot scarier

youtube.com/watch?v=Jg9mJEE5PeQ

iggy isn't aussie 'hip-hop', i'm talking about trash bogans trying to sound thug when it just sounds fucking terrible of the accent.

Nope, you know that UK drillers are about that life the moment you see them. Chief Keef would be running from this dude if he saw him on the block.
youtu.be/QVQFilmqa7k

Anyway chiraq drill died years ago, there's new stuff out every day from London.

UK rap is better than US rap as it is more real and down to earth than american stuff. Its a lot more raw, straight from the streets.

>rap

you're deluded. a lot of people on r/hhh love grime/uk rap.

i think it's perfectly understood: your shit genre is a ripoff of terrible jungle that sucks fucking shit and at this point apes us hip hop at every turn. go fuck yourself retard.

allah kebab,
i tear'd off err hijab,
she faced holy mecca,
and polished my knob,
they call me golden ahmed,
I love getting head,
and the more that I breed,
the more britain is dead

grime stems from uk garage actually

>actually giving a shit about the origins of a genre instead of just listening to everything