Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I lied to you about Darth Vader murdering your father...

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I lied to you about Darth Vader murdering your father? Turns out Darth Vader is your father, but I didn't say anything because I knew he wanted to surprise you himself. Vader also murdered me quick and painlessly, despite the fact that I left him burning alive on Mufasa after severing multiple limbs. He was a good friend

it feels like they make him vanish but decided later he should be dead and appear as a ghost

like he was going to reappear at some point, but they killed him off as a second thought

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time your father went into a rage and murdered like 30 children and his pregnant wife? He wasn't a very good friend. Here's his lightsaber.

>He was a good friend
From a certain point of view.

Luke, you will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.

He didn't outright lie, he fudged the truth to make it look like what he said to Luke was truthful from a certain point of view. Obi wan doesn't see Darth Vader as Anakin himself and instead some vile creation by Palatine and the dark side. That entity killed Anakin the day obi wan beat him

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I called your father Darth, even though it's kinda just a surname for evil people. It really didn't make sense why I would call him Darth, unless, for some reason ,that was actually his name when I called but the writers decided it sounded cool and everyone needed to be named Darth. It was a good name.

Luke, did I ever tell you the time Lucas forgot everything in the original movies because he didn't really care and just wanted to focus on advancing computerized visual effects? He was a bad writer and director.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about my critically-acclaimed acting career? It was all going rather splendidly until the 1970s, when the British economy and film industry fell into a depression. I was so short of money I accepted a part in a science-fiction B-movie that was something to do with Flash Gordon. Quite by mistake I signed an option entitling me to a percentage of all merchandising revenue, and made a great deal of money. It was a good bit of business.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I was Japanese? I wazu guudo furendo

God they should've stopped with the Empire Strikes Back. adoration for Lucas would be in the stratosphere.

I'll never forgive that fucking hack fraud for Return of the Jedi.

VI isn't that bad. It twas the first sign that Lucas was a hack, but he had people reigning him in and he actually seemed to care about what he was doing.

Hush! Let people keep memeing about it. Threads like these are autism containtment.

>Luke, did I ever tell that the only time I ever met your father was when he came to the Lars Family Moisture Farm and asked to borrow my speeder. He proceeded to slaughter a village of sand people, and returned reeking of burned flesh and Jawa juice with the corpse of your grandmother in his arms. Then we buried her out back and he flew off with some senator he was trying to fuck. He didn't even bother to refuel my speeder before he gave it back, and there was a ding on it that I'm positive wasn't there before he borrowed it. Anyway, I bet you thought we were close at one point, and the reason I'm so bitter and tight-lipped about him is because of some significant plot point that drove a wedge between us. Haha, no. We were barely acquaintances. And he was a mediocre acquaintance.

>he thinks that Obi-Wan died when he disappeared
That's simply retarded.

If having the Empire reduced to a fucking joke on Endor was a part of his reigning in, then everyone involved with the production of that movie needs to DIAF.

>Luke did I ever tell you that the jedi are evil from your's father point of view?

Can goodfriendposting be the new hot meme for 2017?

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Allah? (peace be upon him) Mohammed taught me everything about him, he was a good friend.

But you can do that with plenty of titles. You can. Refer to a doctor just as "doctor", a Duke as "Duke", a bishop as "Bishop", etc.

Luke did i ever tell you about the time your father murdered a building full of small children and then proceeded to force choke your mother to death?

He was a cunning warrior.... and a good friend

He was a good friend

>your dad turns on the jedi and murders a lot of people.
>gets burnt attacking this retard.

oh that wasnt your dad that was spoopy dad i totally didnt lie.

It's more like he died in a mysterious way to foreshadow his longevity as a presence in the Force. It's pretty clear he's talking from the great beyond.

>Mufasa

Kek

SIMBA, did i ever tell you about the time your uncle Scar pushed me off a cliff into a herd of wilderbeast so i'd die and he could take over the pride?

kek

RotJ is a mess of a movie, but the core of it with Luke works very well. It's as good a completion to his character arc as it gets, and affirmed the thematic throughlines of the trilogy. I consider the movie pretty good overall for that reason, among a couple others.

>he was a good lion

>Several year old stale meme
>new

Many memes got a revival, think of pepe, pedobear/spurdo/gondola, trollface, ayylmao, and many more.

>pedobear
Ahhh...! the meme that first brought me here like 9 years ago and I haven't been able to escape since then

I swear, this is georges first 'fuck you' to the audience. that interchange is so ridiculous, why didn't he just say he was trying to protect luke because he himself knows luke might pursue Vader before he's ready to defeat him.
I guess all that could have been the implication with that scene but to me watching it feels like a big band aid coming over the screen trying to fix continuity.