Download movie that is mainly in english but has some non-english speaking parts

>download movie that is mainly in english but has some non-english speaking parts
>subtitles are always for the entire movie not just the foriegn parts

i always have subtitles on when i am watching a flick

>download movie that's mainly in english
>foreign parts don't have hardcoded english subtitles

>download a movie
>subtitles are only for the English speaking parts

>speaking only one language
You americucks disgust me

>hardcoded english subtitles
I wish this was still a thing.

>watching a movie that has one minute of czech in it
>YOU SHOULD LEARN CZECH YOU DUMB AMERIPLEBS

im from europe so i speak multiple languages obviously but your argument is stupid

>[SPEAKING FOREIGN LANGUAGE]

I get that dude, but most of the cases it's just french or german

>download movie that's mainly in english
>the subtitles are completely shit, exchanging words for synonyms for no reason and shit like that
>[Speaking In Foreign] shows up when you actually need them

yeah if someone only speaks english thats pretty low

>He is incapable of understanding the unending beauty of twenty word of czech, and would rather spend his time arguing about it on the internet than learning about all the things in the world

Your LIFE is stupid, heh.

>watch movie with some short foreign parts where the main character is being talked to by foreigners
>no subtitles
>assume that's because we're not really supposed to understand what they're saying, just like the character
>half-way through the movie there's a long discussion carried out in the language, showing that we actually ARE supposed to understand it

That fucked me up so many times back when I still bought DVDs with shitty subtitle options. Thank god for the modern age where you can just download subtitles.

>Thank god for the modern age where you can just download subtitles.
the problem is the subtitles are rarely just for the foreign parts.

It's a massive annoyance if you're just downloading movies without reading up on them first

Kill Bill's last half is almost entirely in Japanese and obviously none of that is hardcoded

>not using subtitles for the English parts so that you don't miss anything in case you're snacking on something crunchy, something loud happens in RL, the sound-mixing is sub-par or it's a mumblecore movie

Could be because English isn't my first language, but I almost always use subtitles even though I don't need them.

shit happened to me when i watched Snowpiercer

that fucking korean guy saying like the most important stuff of the whole movie and i cant understand it

>snowpiercer

didn't really matter though because the movie was dogshit

>watching John Wick
>tfw know Russian

>Download English subtitles for film almost entirely in English
>The fucking protagonist's name is consistently misspelled

How was the Russian in that movie?

>it's an anglos getting triggered because of subtitles episode

what's the problem? your fat brains can't process the information fast enough?

all I know is baba yaga is a witch - so them calling john baba yaga to make him seem scary seemed retarded. but maybe its normal in russian

>Download foreign film
>Its dubbed
>Literally no original language torrent anywhere

WEW
E
W

some of the goons are actually pretty decent and for the most part the translations are accurate, but they keep talking about Baba Yaga who is an old hag, which feels weird. Also, when Wick kills the guy who killed his dog, subtitles show something along the lines "it was just a dog" while he actually tells him to fuck off.

How does the addition of subtitles abate the flow of information in a movie?

>the subtitles are completely shit, exchanging words for synonyms for no reason and shit like that

Most likely the subtitles are based off the original script rather than what is actually said in the film.

Keanu's Russian seems to suck ass but he is never implied to be fluent.

The first Inglourious Basterds file I downloaded had no subtitles. I still watched it multiple times and mostly remembered what was going on. That basement scene was so good it didn't even need subtitles.

>abate
mastabate? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Russian here. Baba Yaga is scriest thing in russian folk lore. It means Jock Wick is scary

the only way to appreciate true kino in the way the director intended is to learn the language.

>Download hard to find foreign film with barely any seeding
>Only audio track is a monotone Russian man reading the lines for every character

>calling John baba yaga is weird

What? It's like an assassin getting "The Big Bad Wolf" as a nickname, except Baby Yaga is WAY spookier.

but its retarded because shes an old woman. at least choose a scary male folk lore/myth/legend

>feel like rewatching Smoking Aces
>download one copy, transfer it to my HTPC and get ready to watch while eating
>it's Russian dub only, despite mentioning nothing about dubs
>the fuck?
>download another one, doublechecking that it's in English
>it's Russian dub only as well
>download a third one
>it's in English, but it's Smoking Aces 2

This happened just last year. I have never gotten trolled that hard in my life.

Why? She's the most readily recognisable scary Russian folklore creature and the gender doesn't matter in the context.

Would you complain about how they should have called him Bluebeard if they called him The Big Bad Wolf, because the wolf isn't a human and so Bluebeard fits better because he's a man despite being infinitely less recognisable?

>gender doesn't matter
yes it does. species doesnt - wolf can work

>oh shit the boogeyman assassin is out to get us!
>acktually this assassin is a woman so she can't be a boogeyMAN! The proper nickname brought about by fear of this super-skilled assassin should be a FEMALE one!

And that's how you get killed by the super-assassin everyone's scared shitless of to the point where they give them a spooky nickname that normally only scares the shit out of children.

>downloading movies

retarded. no one would call a woman a bogeyman.

>watching shitty streams
>investing money in physical media that will be outdated and collecting dust within a decade, while also depleting the Earth's resources in completely meaningless productions

>movie characters are from some small foreign country
>happen to be from there yourself
>what they say is complete gibberish

my favorite meme in american movies

>movie characters are from foreign country
>they just talk shit about the main characters or say whatever they want with smiles on their faces

I love it.