ITT: Velvet Underground cover bands

ITT: Velvet Underground cover bands

How so? It doesn't sound like any of VU's albums.

roadrunner sounds like a more accessable sister ray
like almost exactly the same

I like The Modern Lovers more than any TVU album. The lyrics are way more relatable.

Well Jonathon was extremely influenced by the Velvet Underground, so it's not surprising.

Same.
>WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER ON THE ASTRAL PLANE

modern lovers > soyboy underground

Sanic Youth

Steady on My Mind is basically exactly the same as Pale Blue Eyes

dude like 1/3 of Jonathan Richman's songs are about how he can't get laid. shut up.

G I R L F R E N

THATS A GIRLFRIEND BABY

Richman worshipped TVU tho

That's a Talking Heads cover band.

really they're a "cool New York band" cover band. There's a decent amount of Television in their sound too.

true

The lyrics are the only good thing about The Modern Lovers and always have been.

Some people try to pick up girls and get called assholes. This never happened to Pablo Picasso.

Aww come on the vocals and music are pretty good. It isn't fancy but its solid garage rock.

It's close to Richard Hell-tier shite 70's CBGB punk. If not for Richman (and not his singing), the goddamn New York Dolls would be more fondly remembered than The Modern Lovers. Tom Verlaine and John Cale were the masterminds. (And Clem Burke from Blondie)

Richard Hell is good too you fucking cuck.

Even the first one? I feel like the first 3 are better, though Modern Lovers is a great listen.

you guys are making Parquet Courts sound awesome

they're pretty good honestly. absolutely nothing original but they're a great band and write catchy songs.

but this is good

i think that was what OP was getting at...

Blank Generation kicks ass, fuck off with that lazy Richard Hell jab

This. Light Up Gold is good if you've listened to Blank Generation and Marquee Moon too much

>not being able to relate to shooting junk and fucking crossdressers
soyboy detected

Human Performance is great if a little uneven.

Spoon is kind of a Modern Lovers cover band if you think about it. The earlier stuff anyway.

Violent Femmes 2nd album