Would you do it?

would you do it?

Why not? There was literally no other option available to her other than either a lonely death in the woods or being caught and executed for witchcraft.

I'd do her if you know what I mean

i would do thomasin in the pussy, butt, mouth, hands and feet

Yeah, my whole family is dead and I'm alone in the woods, might as well enjoy the taste of butter and live deliciously.

She was the only reason I watched the movie

>no thomasin gf
;_;

Well, absolutely fucking not because I'm not retarded. In a world where there are confirmed witches and Black Phillip, encountering either of them would be a literal confirmation that both God and the Devil exist, aka both Heaven and Hell. If Dante's Inferno is even a little bit accurate I'm not risking the ban hammer for

A N Y B O D Y
N
Y
B
O
D
Y

I wouldn't commit suicide I'd just relocate, change my appearance/name, attempt to join a parish, etc etc. It'd be a paradigm shift for mankind, after all, seeing as that shit's never fucking happened.

this is literally pleb detector
if you rate this movie higher than a 7/10 you're pleb

nice bro-vie tho'

Why is old english so fucking retarded?

post her naked

Found the real pleb.

This movie is The Exorcist/The Shining of the 2000's

no it's not
these two actually had a story and a development
this one ends before anything interesting can happen
literally scared-mommy tier

Fuck no.

Black Philip is the Devil, which implies that there is a God. I would run the fuck out of that building and join up at a monastery.

It's because you're retarded.

you both are retarded
that prove nothing

have you even seen the seventh seal? death itself can't prove there's a god

what if there's only hell?

>dost thou is old english

>mín andwlita þonne

>what if there's only hell?
Then I'm going to burn either way. Why go with the guy who will definitely lead you astray, instead of taking your chances with a potential God?

it doesn't bother you that god let you whole family brutaly die while you pray incessantly for him? or that he hides in the sky while you could be flying around the woods.
>let me compare this gem among shit to the best films ever made
this is literally "15 year old just discovered films" detector

>it has widespread acclaim and love so i must hate it

pleb
criterion when

Was this movie unwatchable for anyone else without subs? I tried it for the first 20 minutes or so, couldn't understand half of what was going on, and gave in. Not only was the english ancient, the father had to talk in such a hoarse and unclear voice.

Of course it bothers me, being the Devil's bitch would bother me even more though. In that situation, I would probably rationalize it as 'everyone was a sinner except for me, I'm good'.

Or just some 'god works in mysterious ways' bullshit.

>>let me compare this gem among shit to the best films ever made
>this is literally "15 year old just discovered films" detector
>reading comprehension
you are probably retarded kiddo

I didnt quite get what led to what. Like the vvitch fucked with them because they were nearby or something? why was black phillip making the kids conspire against thomasin just to kill them later and take thomasin in? did the kids called the vvitch though black phillip?

to not waste delicious life as a witch

well I don't know. I guess I would be tempted by curiosity.

the plot is stupid because the movie is bad

Just guessing here, but:

>Like the vvitch fucked with them because they were nearby or something?
I don't think the witch is the main focus of the story, you only see her once or twice. It's more about the family turning on each other, the father's hypocrisy, things like that. But I suppose yeah, because they were nearby, or because she was responding to Black Philip.

>why was black phillip making the kids conspire against thomasin just to kill them later and take thomasin in?
It's easy to lead kid's astray, they're not morally good or bad, they just do as their told. Thomasin was raised to be extremely pious and live every day for her God. It's more delicious to see someone fall from grace than to raise someone corrupt from the start.

What do you mean?

>father's hypocrisy
the father literally (literally) did nothing wrong

>supporting a fucking heretic
>supporting a literal thief
>supporting a man who would turn on his family under pressure
He deserved to be exiled

well why did mercy was terrified by thomasin saying she was the vvitch when she herself was talking to black phillip?
>It's more delicious to see someone fall from grace than to raise someone corrupt from the start.
that makes sense. Also I know is a half family drama or cabin fever film but still there has to be some reason.

The father was too prideful. It's literally the reason they were expelled. He's obsessed with this idea of manhood and providing for his family.

See: the piles of wood he chops. He's literally crushed to death by them. It's not exactly subtle.

We don't really know what Black Philip told the children. He might have just used them as instruments of chaos to wreak even more havoc.

>Crusader scum
>Doing anything worthwhile

Retarded? Really?

The appearance of mythic, devil related characters in a world built upon christian mythos would be literal confirmation that both sides of the spectrum exist. In the Witch, their fucking retarded virtues and perceptions of the supernatural/God's influence would actually be confirmed by that last scene. That little fucking kid actually saw God as he died because thise Witches were hovering in the sky after being granted powers by a demon. That would be the rammifications of the storytelling.

Burn in hell, sinner.

Book of Job, man. The entire idea is that despite all of the suffering, you maintain allegiance. Small price to pay for eternal Heaven tbhfam.

You ever read Dante? That 9 circles shit haunts me enough to know to avoid it.

>ban hammer

Good post, john

an MS paint picture with wikipedia links, oh no!
god kill yourself
if you've studied any medieval history you know the crusades helped Europe by beginning the transition from the dark ages into the renaissance/enlightenment period, simply because Europe wasn't isolationist anymore. Christians invading muslim countries, which at that point were more advanced than the european countries, hence they brought back technologies and new ideas that spurred on humanism and scientific thought

>The appearance of mythic, devil related characters in a world built upon christian mythos would be literal confirmation that both sides of the spectrum exist
pic related. yet he died in doubt. Still thomasin did nothing wrong the whole film and god still let her be taken, why not even a sign or relief. or maybe the devil used christian convictions of him to make them panic and destroy themselves. not exactly disagreeing just arguing for the sake of it.
>Dante
No I'm a uncultured cunt

christfags on my Sup Forums?

I mean, if the alternative was dying of hypotermia all alone in the wilderness then yeah.

By the way whatever happened to the twins?

the movie is rated 12+, the director said he wanted to show this movie also for the kids, so they are not shown dead

I agree, the movie was unmerciful. Broadly, it was the father's sins that brought his family to ruin. As a Puritan daughter (whose mom hates her) Thomasin could only go along for the ride. When she sees how her father's proud extremism bears no crops, she just sidles up to the only other group that she knows can provide a community for her. So you could call it a cautionary tale? Except the witches aren't exactly condemned, they're always shown as powerful and terrifying.

Right that's why a baby is literally crushed into a bloody pulp in the first five minutes of the movie. Does he think kids can't put two and two together or something?

>he believes in dark ages / renaissance dichotomy
WEW lad

>it was the father's sins that brought his family to ruin
>father's proud extremism bears no crops
you mean because they were banned because of his religious extremism?
>cautionary tale?
against religious extremism? I read some interviews about it, personally I hate political messages, more so when they're revisionist centuries old events.
>Except the witches aren't exactly condemned, they're always shown as powerful and terrifying.
I liked that about it, that evil wins in the end. Though it brings up the same question of wether there is only hell

Yes, she truly was.

user, come on.

>no 17th century submissive puritan gf

The father's voice was badass, and I found him to be the easiest to understand. Though it still mostly sounds like gibberish to me without subs.

>tipping intensifies

But that's what he said.

You said what of my mum?

a God that burns cities to the ground and drowned all of humanity once.. he is too cruel omg he cant be real, i will rebel because he's so mean >:("