Star Wars is what made RLM successful

>Star Wars is what made RLM successful
>Star Wars is what is destroying RLM

POTTERY

Rogue One is fucking garbage. The only reason people are defending it here is because RLM hated it. Had they loved it, like they did TFA, the reaction would be the same as TFA here.

You people are the saddest sack of retards I've ever seen. Rogue One was irredeemable HEY REMEMBER STAR WARS? garbage

>destroying RLM
Yeah just look at how many subscribers they've been losing since the Rogue One videos came out!!

>Force Awakens
>Mike cries on camera and says it's everything he's ever wanted...

>Rogue One
>Mike nitpicks all the same shit that was in TFA

wow, real pottery right there

>nitpicks
rogue one is literally mediocre garbage

>Rey was a better character than bunny-fu because she eats with a helmet on

>HEY REMEMBER STAR WARS?

So just like TFA?

I'm not defending TFA. Why is everyone R1 fanboy automatically go to TFA when someone criticizes it?

TFA was shit.
R1 was shit too.
The only difference is TFA at least had like-able characters.

How is it destroying RLM? No one that watches RLM gives a fuck if they liked RO or not.

Btw, Rogue One was garbage. Like every other Gareth Edwards film, the cinematography is nice, the action sequences are alright on the surface, but the characters are utter trash.

The only people defending Rogue One are total plebs who know nothing about film or storytelling in general, and/or SJWs who like the fact that it has a 'multicultural' cast and will overlook every flaw to continue championing the brown people in the movie.

Because RLM are a bunch of a hypocrites that hate Rogue One for the exact same reasons they love The Force Awakens.

It has nothing to do with liking either of the movies or hating either of the movies, its just calling out pure dumbass bullshit on RLM's part.

>The only people defending Rogue One are total plebs who know nothing about film or storytelling in general
So just like every other Star Wars.
>and/or SJWs who like the fact that it has a 'multicultural' cast and will overlook every flaw to continue championing the brown people in the movie.
The one Brown guy that dies super early into the movie right? Oh no, muh Star Wars isn't all about white people, how will I ever cope! Fucking Lando, Mace Windu, The Clones, etc. FUCKING DARTH VADER THOUGH! WHY DID THEY GIVE HIM A BLACK MAN'S VOICE FOR THE MAIN VILLAIN REEEEEEE!!!

>Rogue One for the exact same reasons they love The Force Awakens.
are you stupid? that's entirely untrue.

>No one that watches RLM gives a fuck if they liked RO or not.

kek that makes Mike making three (3) videos about it even worse.

And the muslim pilot, and the 'mexican' main character who looks basically white - but people are talking about how great it is that a hispanic is in the lead role. I wouldn't give a fuck if the entire cast was black or asian or MtF trans... I like good characters. I'm saying that people are calling the movie good because 'MUH DIVER CITY' when in fact, it is trash. Because they're stupid, and so are you apparently.

The OT is classic, great storytelling.

>like-able characters
Literally pleb tier criticism, now we all know your opinion is shit

Someone hasn't watched both of them, or remembers very little of the TFA one.

They mention in their TFA review that there are too many nods to the OT, you simpleton.

They hate Rogue One because it's a soulless cash in on the Star War name that trys to do something new and fails.

All it needed to do was give us likeable characters. That's literally it. All it had to do was tell a simple story with characters we like.

>B-B-BUT I LIKE THE ROGUE ONE CHARACTERS

Ok. Tell me about them. List of their names and defining character traits.

What? You can't?

>W-WELL YOU C-CANT DO THAT WITH TFA EITHER

Oh yeah?

>Rey
Strong willed and independent without being too brash. Nimble, athletic and capable in a fight, and is extremely well attuned to her surroundings. She struggles with abandonment and lives in hope of better days to come.

>Finn
Clumsy, out of his depth. Despite some self-preservation instincts, he ultimately acts compassionately in the aid of others.

>Poe
The cocky, wise-cracking Han Solo replacement.

>Kylo
Eager to follow in the footsteps of Vader, he has the rebellious intensity of youth and is prone to fits of rage. Yet he also shows vulnerability. When he shows a crisis of commitment to the dark side, he tries to stamp out this perceived weakness as best he can.

Are these great characters? NO! But at least they ARE characters. At least there's some vague outline and defining traits. That's literally all TFA needed to do to be better than R1. And it does that. Is it a soulless cash grab? Yes! But is it at least likeable, absolutely.

The average person has no idea that the Bodhi was Muslim, Cassian was Mexican, etc. The only ones that are in your face are the Asians (and nobody shits on Donnie Yen) and Jyn being a girl. Nobody outside of Tumblr (which they aren't your average person either).

I love the OT, but be realistic, they're full of flaws and poor decisions just as the rest of the films are. There is a reason almost everyone told George he was crazy and that it was a stupid idea. It only took off because of the effects he used at the time.

He's just having a laugh triggering autistic fanboys. It's glorious.

>The average person has no idea that the Bodhi was Muslim, Cassian was Mexican
Is the average person deaf and blind?

>TFA at least had like-able characters.

see

and fuck off

I think rogue one is pretty bad but I'm just not seeing the "Muh diversity" defence. I've seen like 1 article about it and a tweet by the guy who played the hispanic spy.

compare that to something like ghostbusters where every single fucking criticism was met with "BUT IT HAS WOMEN IN IT AND YOU'RE A NERD" and the difference is night and day.

if i was gonna speculate I'd say it's because actually hollywood/hollywood journalism gives no fucks about defending diversity unless it turns them a profit and the hispanic/asian market that R1 appealed to wasn't as profitable as the "women" demographic for ghostbusters so they aren't making as much noise this time.

>Caring what a bunch of basement dwelling manchildren think about the latest Disney flick
>Constantly spamming their dumb quotes on a Taiwanese etchasketch forum

I sware 90% of RLM fans are literally spergs

>calls others garbage for defending a film
>while defending e-celebs
Your meme crew is done, go to reddit.

You can chat shit about Rey and Poe was a touch bland but Finn was fun and likeable and you know it.

unless you have some .... other ..... problem with him, do you user?

Summarizing characters based on bullshit doesn't make them likeable.

>TFA at least had like-able characters.

>RLM fans are spergs!
>why are RLM fans so prevalent on Sup Forums?

do you really find it so hard to join up the dots here user

You mean just like they shit on Rogue One for having too many nods to the OT...oh wait, they shit on it because it also has nods to the PT, gotcha.
>Ok. Tell me about them. List of their names and defining character traits.
Jyn, Cassian, Bodhi, Chirrut, Baze, K2, Krennec, Galen, Saw.

Jyn's defining character trait is trying to help herself, and ultimately trying to help others around her by the end.
Cassian's defining character trait is doing what he feels is right, even if sometimes that involves bad things.
K2's defining trait is programs since he is a droid, and mostly making quips while still having some of his murderous Imperial programming.
Chirrut's defining trait is trying to still believe in the Force despite all that has happened with in since Order 66 and the Dark Side's corruption of it all, a mantra he chants.
Baze's defining character trait is loyalty to his friend to the end.
Bodhi's defining character trait is a willingness to go against the government in order to save lives and help the Rebellion.

Now I could still go on about other traits if you would like.

I didn't say they were necessarily likable. I said they had CHARACTERS. They had TRAITS. This automatically makes them MORE likable than any character in Rogue One.

Not a single person has managed to give me concrete character traits of the R1 cast

>But characters don't need traits! It's just for the story/the action!

Story and action mean nothing without characters. There's no immediacy or care. Also, by this logic, half the movie is garbage since the entire first two acts are attempts at world building that falls flat on its face. Everyone in this movie is a fucking cardboard cutout.

>Cassian's defining character trait is doing what he feels is right, even if sometimes that involves bad things.
>K2's defining trait is programs since he is a droid, and mostly making quips while still having some of his murderous Imperial programming.

did you honestly right this with a straight face?

He asked for traits, whether you find them to be good traits or not is irrelevant. He said they had no traits, I gave traits, motivations, etc.

End of story.

M8 I watched R1 opening night and loved it, still do its way better than TFA.

Couldn't give a fuck what a couple of obese, alcoholic E ((((celebs))) or you neckbeard paedos think.
Fite me.

>Jyn's defining character trait is trying to help herself, and ultimately trying to help others around her by the end.

Ok, so that's kind of a character trait I guess. Although this is essentially what a protagonist is. But sure, you can have this.

Cassian's defining character trait is doing what he feels is right, even if sometimes that involves bad things.

Barely. He's set up to be some bad boy / Han Solo type but never does anything else of that nature again. He does it literally once and then he's just along for the ride. That's not a character. By this movies logic, the movie just starts on a bad day of his and catches him acting out of character. So no, that's not characterization.

>K2's defining trait is programs since he is a droid, and mostly making quips while still having some of his murderous Imperial programming.

I'd argue K2 is literally the best character in this movie which is sad because he's a robot.

>Chirrut's defining trait is trying to still believe in the Force despite all that has happened with in since Order 66 and the Dark Side's corruption of it all, a mantra he chants.

Little to no evidence that he had any struggle with believing in the power of the Force. He starts off fully believing in it and he dies full believing in it. I guess that's a character but without an arc it's hard to make him believable at all. This is literally the problem have with the prequel-era Jedis.

>Baze's defining character trait is loyalty to his friend to the end.

Ehhhhhhh, I guess. But again, every character in this movie is loyal to each other. So that's not really "defining". You could say he's nice. But you can say that about all of them. It does nothing to set him apart.

>Bodhi's defining character trait is a willingness to go against the government in order to save lives and help the Rebellion.

All of them are willing to do this. Jyn does it. Forest Whitaker does it. They all do.

Next?

I actually didnt feel that either R1 or TFW were paticularly bad films , however they fall into the same well of mediocrity as your average disney animated flick or MCU movie. They're bland, boring, soulless and sexless and are designed to be as unoffensive as possible to appeal to the largest audience. The prequels are actually more enjoyable for this reason, Lucas took risks that (despite failing spectacularly) show some form passion. The new films are the product of industry and corporate boardroom meetings and make for a palpable but ultimately tasteless experience. No idea how the hack frauds liked TFA but with r1 they were dead on the money.

You can just tell this is written by a child. Get off the internet.

>sexless

this actually bugs me more than anything. the original star wars films were actually kinda sleazy.

Disney's stuff feels just so ... clean. Not the "soulless clean" of the prequels, but just extremely sanitized.

I'm not saying they're not good. I'm saying they're not fucking traits.

Traits are things like "he's bitter and twisted bcos of a death in the family so he takes out his anger through the rebellion."

"He does good things but sometimes bad things" is not a fucking trait. Nor is "he is a robot and makes quips."

Traits are things people ARE, not things people DO.

>Ok, so that's kind of a character trait I guess. Although this is essentially what a protagonist is.
Well if you want to argue that, she definitely has martial arts skills and athletic ability quite heavily.
>Barely. He's set up to be some bad boy / Han Solo type but never does anything else of that nature again. He does it literally once and then he's just along for the ride.
The characterization is that his next chance to do something bad, he turns it down, and learns to grow, not to just cap some random dude in the head just because.
>I'd argue K2 is literally the best character in this movie
I'd disagree, I'd say Krennec is the best character in the movie.
>Little to no evidence that he had any struggle with believing in the power of the Force. He starts off fully believing in it and he dies full believing in it. I guess that's a character but without an arc it's hard to make him believable at all. This is literally the problem have with the prequel-era Jedis.
Of course he still believes in the Force. He literally uses the Force right before he dies. I mean he doesn't need an existential crisis before he dies on how The Force has betrayed him. Jedi were based largely on Buddhist Monks and Japanese Samurai, both of which had constant Mantras in order to solidify their faith in an ever-encompassing power so as to not forget their standing within the Universe or the greater Force at large.
>Ehhhhhhh, I guess.
By the end of it yes, at the beginning no, outside of Chirrut who just believed things were happening for a reason. Even Han Solo wasn't entirely loyal to a fault for Luke at the start.
>All of them are willing to do this. Jyn does it. Forest Whitaker does it. They all do.
I'll give you Bodhi, since he is just there. But remember, he's just some random faceless guy, a coward. Whose actions inevitably helped save the Rebellion due to getting Galen's message out, and his last act for death is the complete opposite of his cowardice ways.

>Traits are things people ARE, not things people DO.

The things people do and the things that transpire around them directly correlate to how a person acts, thinks, and ultimately is as a person. While yes they are not the same thing, those things can be listed as traits as they give rise to their character in question in relation to the story they are presented in.

Checked
It's because stuff like that doesn't test well with the millenial audience and with kids, gotta get that maximum appeal.

>TFA
>Characters
>Likeable
>Good
>Not the worst in the entire saga

>Ok. Tell me about them. List of their names and defining character traits.

>Jyn
Stubborn but determined hero, starts following her own path and being used to being ditched and left alone but develops into character who's able to work with a strong team and connect with her teammates

>Cassian
Secretive soldier with a dark past that he hides from others, shows throughout the story he follows each and every order given to him by the rebellion despite his feelings towards certain orders given, develops into a character that opens up to the team and finally does only what he feels is right, even if it goes against his orders

>Rook
Shy and wormy side character who tries to run from the empire out of fear, worries for his life upon leaving, and finally conjures the bravery to save his team and get the death star plans transmitted, even though he knows it will mean the end of his life

>Chirrut
Wise jedi monk, follows the force til the end of his life, the optimist and "wise old wizard" of the team, motivates his teammates through his spiritual ways, basically there to bond the teammates together when their relationships become strained at times

>Baze
Hard-headed brute, there to be the aggressive muscle, doesn't trust any outsiders, sceptical of chances of survival throughout, finally learns the chances of survival don't matter and sacrifices himself for the sake of taking down a small number of enemies to increase the fighting rebels' survival chances.

>K2SO
Snooty and aspergic droid, stubborn to stick to the set of rules given to him by his programming, doesn't trust outsiders also but rather than showing this through aggression, shows it through snarky comments and pessimism, although he cannot change through his programming, he slowly begins to trust Jyn through her change in character

>Krennick
Smug antagonist striving to impress his superiors, irritated when he is patronised by his peers, like many other leaders of the empire, strives for power

>people getting BTFO left and right because they parrot the opinions of RLM and now Jenny Nicholson

I always see these faggots mentioned on Sup Forums so I saw one of the videos and its just fatasses and nu males complaining about capeshit, literally a waste of time idk why everyone makes threads and generals for them.

>just fatasses and nu males complaining
>Sup Forums

There is your answer.

Will Star Wars fans ever recover?

>star wars (overlapped with RLM fanfic drama)
>marvel vs dc

not sure which one is more obnoxious

People complain that both TFA and RO had fanservice but the fanservice in TFA for the most part was related to the plot and not just two seconds of screen time so that neckbeards can have something to clap to like RO. I also find it interesting that everyone really liked the second half of the movie because there was more action but that action was god awful, they just ran around and died while yelling about how they had to complete the next objective.

Also continuing on from >They hate Rogue One because it's a soulless cash in on the Star War name that trys to do something new and fails

THAT'S LITERALLY THE FORCE AWAKENS, TFA WAS A REBOOT OF EPISODE 4 AT LEAST R1 IS A SOMEWHAT ORIGINAL STORY

Plus let's face it any Star Wars after the prequels is a soulless cash in, for fuck sake even the prequels are soulless cash ins

>the fanservice in TFA for the most part was related to the plot and not just two seconds of screen time so that neckbeards can have something to clap to like RO

C3PO and R2D2
Millenium Falcon
Luke at the end
Kylo Ren just happens to worship Darth Vader
Snoke looking near exact to Emperor
Death Star = Starkiller base

>TFA for the most part was related to the plot and not just two seconds of screen time
Sure...

I'm afraid RLM is quite operational.
Fire when ready commander.

>related to the plot
>JJ Abrams didn't have the balls to just use Tatooine, Hoth, etc. because he didn't want to ruin anything
>JJ Abrams blew up Hosnian Prime because what a shitty planet from the prequels but didn't have the balls to make it Coruscant
>Death Star 3.0 but now it can shoot 5 lasers and is even bigger, yay!!
>Threw a hissy fit over some flags at Maz's palace having prequel, cartoon, and EU references and so he removed them all (because that totally would have destroyed the movie, those 5 seconds of seeing them that added vibrancy and color to the scene whether you knew about the references or not)
>didn't have the balls to try and make anything original in any way outside of Kylo Ren being a grandpa fanboy and failing hardcore
>threw that clone comment in there because "yeah like stormtroopers are so much better than the clones, like totally we'll go back to those, haha silly clones, even if they were mentioned in RotJ"

Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill were the only people with balls on that entire set. Harrison Ford because he finally got Han Solo killed and Mark Hamill for losing weight.

All of TFA is one big messy retread of ANH without any substance or balls to actually just use existing places. None of the actual fanservice (such as the werewolf) were related to the plot in any way because it didn't fucking matter, and was just JJ Abrams being butthurt Lucas removed a shitty looking costume with the special editions.

The only real 'fanservice' was the original cast largely, and that is only because it takes place where they would still be alive and doing things. That's it.

what works in TFA's favor is that it's the first movie of the trilogy. It sets up the characters, the conflict.
RO is a contained story where everyone dies in the end.

Fuck. RIP RLM (2009 -2017)

The entirety of TFA is one big reference without actually referencing anything because Abrams didn't want to take the chance that'd he knowingly would have fucked up something.

Lets take Jakku for example. Its just Tatooine. Its a Tatooine reference, but he didn't use Tatooine out of fear that he would ruin Tatooine.

Or lets take Starkiller Base, its just the Death Star, but its not the Death Star. Oh and its also on Hoth, but not Hoth. When the original idea they had before Abrams interjected was using Dantooine, the original planet Leia mentions in ANH as a Rebel base, it would inspire pottery that the First Order was now using it and give us a chance to finally see it. But no, Abrams didn't want to ruin 'his' vision of what Dantooine was, so he just made Hoth, but he didn't want to ruin Hoth, so it wasn't Hoth, but it totally was.

really makes you meme

I actually enjoyed TFA and didn't like R1 though.

your not a true star wars fan shame on you

Story: R1 > TFA
Characters R1 = TFA (but TFA was slightly less shit! "no")
Tension: R1 > TFA
Visuals: R1 > TFA

R1 also had less stupid dialogue and less stupid nostalgia pandering.

>be disney
>make money
>be happy

>be rlm
>make money
>be happy

>be nerd
>shill the properties above 4free
>be mad

pure bravado, bravizzimo desu

>Story: R1 > TFA
>Characters R1 = TFA (but TFA was slightly less shit! "no")
>Tension: R1 > TFA
>Visuals: R1 > TFA
are you fucking serious? More tension in RO? Is this your first movie?

>are you fucking serious? More tension in RO? Is this your first movie?
Not an argument.

so you're a retard then? I'm sorry for your condition.

When comparing the two, he's absolutely correct.

Rogue One has more tension than The Force Awakens.

Not an argument.

Completely agree. Regardless of what you think about the movie R1 is an objectively better made movie than TFA.

The only reason people loved TFA so much was because of nostalgia and hype at the time

But everyone knows they get the plans?

Rogue One was a boring war movie with forgettable characters.
TFA might have been a soft reboot of ANH, but at least it was enjoyable and felt like a SW film.

That's pitiful. Gaining that much a day when you've been popular for so long is awful. It's almost like DSP.

>rëddit letter memeia

>c3po abd r2d2
r2d2 is used for the story, but they could've kicked c3po
>mf
true
>luke
probably part of the story in the next one. can't blame them for using him as some cliff hanger.
>kylo ren
not that unlikely as you think
>snoke
now you are just being retarded
>starkiller base
yeah that was pretty retarded, I'll give you that.

Neither is this
>are you fucking serious? More tension in RO? Is this your first movie?

And everyone knows the good guys will win at the end of TFA?

Come on. It's the journey not the destination.

why do you that little nazi simbol on the e? dumb redditor

Remember when the Emperor was part of ANH instead of just mentioned in a single sentence?

Wrong.

This is the TFA apologist. When faced with arguments he plugs his ears, screams and kicks.

Not an argument.

Not an argument.

Wrong.

This was a silly meme the moment RLM pulled the wool over the eyes of their naive fans.

>Qui-Gon Jinn

Idealistic, but unorthodox Jedi who's always pushed the envelope of the Order. Stoic, but warm, strong-willed and independent.

Just ignore him. He's parroting Jenny Nicholson's opinions entirely. As you can see here >He starts off fully believing in it and he dies full believing in it. I guess that's a character but without an arc it's hard to make him believable at all.

Literally said in that shitty video, word for word. So its a parrot or actually her and the majority of her criticisms could have been destroyed in a matter of seconds.

Just don't waste your time user.

nice strawman

Oh, so it is you Jenny.

Try paying attention to things for once when you watch Star Wars movies instead of just sounding like a dumbass.

Is it finally okay to say TPM was actually a good movie?

Outside of Jar Jar, it was always a good movie.

I know, crazy right?

>there are people on this board that paid money to see Disney's Star Wars movies
>there are people who enjoyed The Force Awakens or Rogue 1

Surprised so many on Sup Forums like Rogue 1. Its better than TFA, but not by much

SWfags are the sonyggers of Sup Forums

This, the main problem is the lack of originality, and thats not a good thing when you have something as expansive as Star Wars

You're damn right I have some other problem with Finn!

His personality is totally inconsistent with his indoctrinated stormtrooper background. Aside from that, he's great.

HOW DO YOU ALWAYS KNOW
>I can't kill these people!
>NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL TIE-FIGHTAN!

You can't catch me!

Cheers m8.

>Rogue One was bad because they didn't quip enough during action scenes and didn't explain to us who Vader is

This was the most retard analysis of a film I've ever seen.

>I can't kill these people
>Let's kill all my previous comrades in arms even though one of them dying was what wanted me to leave the killing in the first place