What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/seCERpBIcSo
youtube.com/watch?v=zH658z9vBa8
youtu.be/7r37r5CL8U0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everything

Too difficult to top the innovation and originality of the original

i has great music and a lot of great scenes but also a lot of stupid scenes. overall it's still a more entertaining and quality film than jurassic world.

Nothing much except having Vince Vaughn, not as good as the first but the only other decent one in the franchise

tacked on ending, Malcolm's daughter, no pterodactyl action scene.

It's funny, despite it having so much more dinosaur action scenes than the first one, I still find myself going "is that it" every time I watch it.

The emotion and beauty was lost. It was all action and comedy.

It should be Jurassic Park: The Lost World

not all that much. the only good jp sequel. gets shat on because it's not jp

People compared it to the original

Not a bad movie at all, lot of cool scenes and gave us the most based character in the franchise

youtu.be/seCERpBIcSo

It's only loosely based on the book.

And "loosely" should be interpreted loosely.

This is one of those movies that's bad, but I still love it.

It reminds me of Ghostbusters 2, obivously it was never going to be as good as the original but it's still a lot of fun to watch.

The ending. They should have spent more time on the island and developed Roland Tembo's character more. The ending was Spielberg's King Kong fantasy movie. It was utter bullshit, when I saw it in theaters at 7 years old it was the coolest thing ever, but I remember even then thinking: "How the fuck did the t-rex eat the entire crew, leaving literally no one left, then lock himself under neath again?" It was utter bullshit.

The movie is great up until that point, even if I didn't agree with Nick Van Owen setting the dinosaurs loose during the Ingen conference call, it led to shit going really wrong for everybody which is entertaining to watch.

I unironically rank it alongside Jurassic Park 1 as my favorite. Upon rewatch, even 3 is better than World. World has the worst, most modern-blockbustery characters ever.

I didn't even mind Ian Malcom's black daughter in it. Her doing a whole routine for like 30 seconds before she swung down and kicked the raptor was incredibly retarded (aside from the obvious reason of using gymnastics to kill a dinosaur), because it made no sense that she would assume the raptor would be exactly where it could be kicked. That whole scene is dumber than shit. Aside from that, and the ending, I pretty much love everything about it.

This.

They rushed off the island and left the only interesting part behind.

the san diego segment is definitely the weakest part. i agree with you that the movie is mostly good until they leave the island

I hate agreeing with other people but I think Ebert was mostly right. It felt like a dumb monster movie instead of something intelligent or at least insightful. I liked his suggestion the film should have been about a documentary crew going to the island instead of what we got. The characters were idiotic and only existed to die in gruesome ways. (See Eddie, Dieter and Burke). Roland and AJ seem like the only people who believe they are seeing dinosaurs instead of people thinking they're in a sfx movie about dinosaurs.

That San Diego part gave me nightmares when I was younger. Always I was going to see a Trex outside my window

>not wanting to see a real dinosaur in your backyard
nigga what

The gymnastics scene.

The slaughtered crewmen on the T-Rex transport ship still triggers the ol' autism to this day.

How could they miss such a big error? I assume they meant to put raptors on the ship, but they ran out of time/money.

the whole movie really disturbed me when I was a kid, like the scene where the guy who was trying to save his friends and got ripped in half by the two t-rexs

A lot of little things really. It was actually a pretty good movie but a lot of things add up to make it sub-par compared to the miracle that was the original film.

I like the theme though.

youtube.com/watch?v=zH658z9vBa8

Forcing Crichton to write a sequel just so it wouldn't be an awful mess, then disregarding the book for the mess.

No doubt it was a disappointing movie, but can we at least agree that pic related was a GOAT action sequence?

>tfw they go in with a pro-conservation plot, accidentally make their big bad hunter too based in comparison to the cunty protags, and have to delete scenes to bring his power level down
youtu.be/7r37r5CL8U0

The problem with Lost World was the narrative structure.

You essentially have a two-act plot for the first two-thirds of the movie, and then a separate but tangentially-related mini-plot for the final act. In other words, they crammed two separate stories into one movie back-to-back.

Other problems:
1) unexplained black "daughter". Who the hell is this?
2) unexplained girlfriend. The movie almost treats it as if the audience is supposed to be familiar with Sarah Harding.
3) Ian Malcolm is essentially a completely different character between this movie and the first one. It's chalked up as him changing due to what he experienced, but that's bullshit.
4) the entire cast just disappears after being rescued and isn't around for the final act, making it feel cheap and without resolution

Overall, it would've been MUCH better if they expanded on the "people stuck on an island trying to escape by needing to work with the enemy team to survive" dynamic and expanded it to an entire 3 act structure and totally gotten rid of the Dinosaurs-in-san-diego shit.

Also, the entire boat apparently being eaten by the T. rex is STILL fucking retarded. How the fuck did a creature who's head can't even fit through a door somehow manage to eat the entire crew in all the various small rooms within the boat? In fact, how did it escape its straight-jacket-like cage in the first place?

I liked it, sue me

More Postlethwaite could have saved this movie. Absolutely BASED character.