WHITE INDIE BTFO AGAIN

>pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-50-best-albums-of-1998/?page=5
shitfork has released a list of their best albums of 1998. ITAOTS, which they previously ranked as the fourth best album of the entire 90's decade (only behind other Sup Forums favorites the soft bulletin, loveless, and OK computer) has now been ranked as merely the fourth best album of 1998, following elliot smith's XO, the miseducation of lauryn hill, and outkast's aquemini.
Sup Forums BTFO

NO!!!!!

>niggershit is #1
what a surprise, pitchfork does it again

Aquemini and Lauryn Hill? Are you fucking kidding me? The agenda isn’t even subtle anymore.

aquemini isn't even a good outkast album
what the fuck is p4k doing

>paying attention to pitchfork
>the year of our lord 2018
baka desu senpai

NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING BROS THIS WAS IT THIS WAS OUR YEAR NOOOOOOOO

honestly i can't be too mad at this because unlike bodak yellow, aquemini is genuinely pretty great. best of the year? not at all imo, but it's a respectable choice. the only thing that bothers me is that it's obvious pandering. they're ~modern and woke~ now. if it felt like a genuine change in opinion by the original staff than fair enough, but it just feels so forced.

the real crime is shape of punk to come being at only 30 what the actual fuck.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Pitchfork" is now only "Pitchfork" in name. The people behind the name have changed, as have their motives for music journalism. It's not simply a group of writers changing their opinions.

>modern and woke means placing hip hop above any other music, even if it's objectively worse
what the fuck is wrong with people

who cares?

>the miseducation of lauryn hill, and outkast's aquemini.
in fairness, these are good choices

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, people thinking Miseducation or Aquemini were the best of the year is not a new phenomenon.

I agree that Aquemini is #1 but ITAOTS definitely deserved #2
>Not liking Aquemini

>Pitchfork
>Owned by Condé Nast
>Owned by Advanced Publications
>CEO Donald Newhouse
>Newhouse's father,Samuel Irving Newhouse Sr., was born to Jewish immigrants on theLower East SideofManhattanand began the family media business
OF ALL THE WORDS OF TONGUE AND PEN,
THE SADDEST ARE THESE:
Sup Forums WAS RIGHT AGAIN

>bad albums from well known artists (Jay-Z, RZA, Bright Eyes, Quest)
>no metal albums at all

a tragedy

>fourth
>4th
>4
>Sup Forums

I see what they did there

>Pitchfork
Stopped reading there

Pitchfork is so obvious with the way it pushes black artists and hip hop. They don't even try to hide the fact that they give albums bonus points for having black artists. I'm not saying any of those albums are bad. They are legitimately very good, but it's so easy to see that Pitchfork only put them that high because they are black. It's just embarrassing to look at the site now. They are just a joke now.

wait a minute i thought this album was just a meme

Wow you should tell your highschool anime club about this find! (I assume you've redpilled them about the JQ already??)

>now

Affirmative action: The playlist
I like how they gave a different white folk artist the bronze as if that's gonna fool anyone.

t. guy never listened to the #1 or #2 picks

aquemini is the only worthy contestant between the 3, but itaots deserves number 1

Especially since they were bought by Conde Nast. They're literally Teen Vogue-tier.

Pitchfork used to be a great site

Kanye's 10.0 was the nail in the coffin

>why isn't my meme album #1 on every chart, fucking sjw's waaa waaa

>Aeroplane ripples back to Nazi-occupied Europe (in the horn-propelled “Holland, 1945”) and forward to the end of time (in “Two-Headed Boy”), both of which feel closer to us, in 2018, than they ought to
Sasha Geffen ought to commit suicide over this downright braindead comment, Jesus Christ

>site goes from doing shitty journalism to appeal to white teens/college kids, do do more shitty journalism to appeal to white teens/college kids, and also minorities because that's the zeitgeist now
No jews involved man, it's all demographics and marketing. Blame capitalism if anything.

>they lose their original fanbase to appeal to normal faggots and niggers and the money and profits and site traffic go down

thats the story of every shitlib run media in the obongo years

Dude why's "shape of punk to come" 30th?! That album is definitely in my top ten like cmon

It's like you don't even know that the fanbase for indie is vastly diminished, as has happened to so many genres in the past.

all these triggered white supremacists. Your tears taste so good

indie is supposed to be niche you fucktrd.

Its supposed to be obscure and elitist

To be fair, the best album of 1998 was Mark Hollis’.

ITAOTS is #2.

2 of the most unique records ever imo

At least Pitchfork is doing their bit to dismantle white power structures in music. What are you doing?

jesus christ how is this a real post

problematic racist ypipo btfo

Indie just became niggafied. I love it, definitely since I myself have African roots

>click Features tab
>90% of articles are about hip hop and clickbait lists shilling hip hop
Why do you people go to this site? Can you just not find out about hip hop without their help?

Only neo nazis care about shit like this. White people s m h

Your tears will taste even better when you're hanging.

>oh no his father's fifth grade cousin's roommate is Jewish, therefore DA JOOS

>jew gets mad when someone points out that 2% of the population are usually behind everything bad in the world

Its a coping mechanism. To come to terms with the JQ is to become the ultimate outsider. People would rather not know

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel is the greatest album ever made.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE STOP MAKING ITAOTS /OURALBUM/

Elliott Smith fucking sucks, bizarre they chose him over NMH as the white indie rep

THIS CANT BE HAPPENING NOOOOO

You all are acting like Aquemini is no better than Bodak Yellow. There is a legit case for calling it the best album of 1998.

I was going to comment ITT something like "who the fuck cares" but i keep forgetting about all these clearly underage b&s on this board that desperately need their opinions validated so clearly a lot of people do care. Lemme guess, most of you care about what tony fandango thinks as well?

News flash: Pitchfork hasn't had critical credibility since 2012 when they didn't give Centipede Hz the 9.0+ it clearly deserved. That was well before "muh black culture" was trendy.

Not even white, and this mildly upsets me.

why do people keep advertising this shitty website? everyone on Sup Forums knows pitchfork is shit and has been shit for years so why do people keep going there and linking it here? you're literally helping them stay alive

Centipede Hz was a massive disappointment

It's, at worst, their 3rd best album, pleb.

>pitchfork unironically crowned bodak yellow the SOTY
this website man, that is surreal

>thread on auto-sage
JANNY IS COMPROMISED