You may only post in this thread if your continent has a go player in the top 100

You may only post in this thread if your continent has a go player in the top 100.

>tfw you're a grade 10 dan Go player and It Ain't Me starts playing

she's cute, is she legal?

>GO

e-sports belong in /asp/ you nerd

I think i've read 2 manga based on go in my life and could tell you literally nothing about how the game works

Why would you still play the game competitively when machines can do it better? Isn't pro go obsolete? It went from being the best go player to being the player that te computer takes longer to beat

Is Go or Shoji more respected in Japan? And what's the difference between Go and Othello?

Fuck is Go?

Go for sure. They are completely different, to begin with in go you place pieces on the intersections of the board and in othello or reversi you place them on the squares

dunno mate

even if go and othello are based on what color has more area of the board, the way to claim an area is go is different, which makes the game extremely different (and harder); iirc othello is already solved while go is for the machines actually harder than chess

I watched Hikaru no Go. Does that count?

Hikaru no Go is like my favorite anime.

I've watched it several times and read the manga a couple of times as well.

I have no fucking clue how Go works.

It's like Reversi

ping pong in asian

>Go
Why do people still play a game that has been solved?

It has not been solved you dingus

Yes I believe so

PerĂº reporting in.

>highest player that isn't japanese, south korean, or chinese is 126th, who is taiwanese
>highest ranked player outside of asia is 369th
>highest player who doesn't have an asian-sounding name is 707th
nice "sport" you got there

Its a game mostly popular in Asia so that makes sense right