Tell Me, where is Gandalf? For I Much Desire to Speak With Him

Tell Me, where is Gandalf? For I Much Desire to Speak With Him.

Underrated character. Underrated dialogue

they couldn't have gotten a better looking guy to play the fucking king of the Elves?

>did he died?

GOAT movie
GOAT Trilogy
GOAT Characters
GOAT Minor role.

Celeborn would have known him as Mithrandir. It's odd that even if he was speaking in the tongue of men, he wouldnt still use the more familiar name. Not, like, distressingly odd, but I wonder if that was an intentional dialogue choice, or quite automatic. Legolas seems to switch back and forth between the names, himself.

>bearded elves
Just shave against the grain nigga, it's for a movie

>tfw I just now realized that's Borias from Xena: Warrior Princess

THE POWER OF MORDOR

>A BALROG OF MORGOTH

WAIT IS THAT WHAT HE SAYS

FUCK

He's addressing the whole fellowship, and he'd know "Gandalf" is what most of them know him by.

What's wrong with that? That is literally what it was, and it's one of the most terrifying things that any elf would know from their own history. It's literally a berserk fallen angel.

THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD-GARD-GARD-GARD

Legolas could btfo a barlog.

Gandalf is busy being ass raped by Dumbledore.

Can elves grow beards?

We need more bearded elves

Yes, the original holder of Narya, the ring of 'secret fire' that Gandalf has, grew a beard. He was one of the oldest elves. And he was a good friend.

what did you say?

>king

Only if they're super old. As in the only Elf with a beard is literally a first generation one.

THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD

TO ISENGARD

ISENGARD

Why did they get Russell Crowe just for this scene?

Cirdan the Shipwright, master of the Grey Havens btw. He was an elf lord. Only Galadriel, who had seen Valinor personally, was as worldly and aged as he.

In the book it was Galadriel's dialogue.

>When all the guests were seated before his chair the Lord looked at them again. ‘Here there are eight,’ he said. ‘Nine were to set out: so said the messages. But maybe there has been some change of counsel that we have not heard. Elrond is far away, and darkness gathers between us, and all this year the shadows have grown longer.’

>‘Nay, there was no change of counsel,’ said the Lady Galadriel, speaking for the first time. Her voice was clear and musical, but deeper than woman’s wont. ‘Gandalf the Grey set out with the Company, but he did not pass the borders of this land. Now tell us where he is; for I much desired to speak with him again. But I cannot see him from afar, unless he comes within the fences of Lothlórien: a grey mist is about him, and the ways of his feet and of his mind are hidden from me.’

>‘Alas!’ said Aragorn. ‘Gandalf the Grey fell into shadow. He remained in Moria and did not escape.’

They call him Gandalf when speaking to humans and hobbits, since they aren't speaking Sindarin. One could also argue that Galadriel should have called Gandalf Olorin in the films instead of Mithrandir when speaking in private or in the White Council.

Some can, yes. Most don't because who the fuck knows.

There approximately 1 gigarillion clans of Elves and they splinter off because these elves like the beach, but these like wooded areas, over here these guys like the color blue, but these like green.

Somewhere out there is a sect of fully bearded elves who are rejected by every other elf.

Here's one, bud.

I think that shows some of the gentle nature of the Lorien elves, of whom Celeborn is chief representative. Not as haughty as the Mirkwood elves, or post-eternal scowl Elrond. About the only thing The Hobbit did right was show a cheery, happy, joking Elrond with a Homely House.

DUDE HE FELL OFF A FUCKING CLIFF INTO A SO CALLED MINE LMAO

Was Celeborn basically a trophy husband?

>clear and musical
>deeper than woman's wont

Ohhhhhh yea