Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/League_of_Extraordinary_Gentlemen,_The#Tokarev_TT-33
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing. it was kino

>another /fa/ meetup thread

who was the girl she looks hot

What went right?

Nothing like the source material.

I will say this: production and costume design were fantastic.

It's weird really, even if they didn't want to go with the source material and what made it so great, they basically had cool fucking cast of characters to make great action adventure movie with, yet they for the most part fucke dit up.
They were given 2 opportunities on a silver platter.

Mina Harker being half-vampire was pretty cool, as well as the addition of Dorian Grey.

Decent movie.

Nothing.

It barely had anything to do with the comic it's supposed to be based on. I guess they wanted it feel more like a superhero thing.

kek

Posting this on /k/ now

me on the left

Not enough diversity

Holy shit that looks like a cheap weed pipe..

>LotR trilogy is desperate for star power
>offers Connery points on the back end to play Gandalf
>Connery finds script confusing
>declines
>LotR grosses $3 billion,
>Connery declined theoretically the largest payout in Hollywood history
>LXG script is offered to Connery
>Connery finds script confusing
>accepts, not wanting to make the same mistake twice
>LXG is a laughing stock
>Connery says fuck it and retires forever

Getting old is so fucked up

>Indians are an oppressed people, and as an oppressed man myself, I am proud to call myself indian

coolaf but needs some fore elevators

On paper it's a good movie, but lacks a good chunk of execution
Also the comic isn't that well known so it's not like the fans would go see it and force a sequel based on fanboys alone
much like marvel have done in the past

You're not too far off, it's a Tokarev!

imfdb.org/wiki/League_of_Extraordinary_Gentlemen,_The#Tokarev_TT-33

I'VE BECOME SO NUMB.

He also thought the Matrix was confusing. He wouldve been Morpheus

In the context the movie is set in, it's true.

That page is cool af

the comics are insane compared to how standard the movie is. I bought that shit at 13 and it blew my mind

>brutal violence with huge panels of innocent people getting slaughtered
>vast majority of the characters are assholes
>the invisible man is a rapist and later gets raped by Mr Hyde

I can't disagree with that

How dumb is he for fuck's sake.

Someone put him in a nursery, he finds everything confusing.

may I..may I squeeze your breast?

Hyde was a baller.

This film is not liked?

Does the nautilus have dedicated shitting oceans?

Hyde in that fucking awesome suit, with that big-ass cane. Fucking love it.

>In 2003, Larry Cohen and Martin Poll filed a lawsuit against 20th Century Fox, claiming the company had intentionally plagiarized their script Cast of Characters. According to the BBC, the lawsuit alleged "that Mr Cohen and Mr Poll pitched the idea to Fox several times between 1993 and 1996, under the name Cast of Characters," and that Fox had solicited the comics series The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as a smoke screen. It noted that the films shared public domain characters who did not appear in the comic book series. Although Fox denied the allegations as "absurd nonsense", the case was settled out of court.

According to Alan Moore, the lawsuit implied that Fox passed him the CoC script and told him "hey make a comic based on this, so we can buy it from you and make it without paying these assholes." He had to give a deposition that extended for ten hours and he was ready to go to court and defend his work, bringing in notes and letters/faxes he'd sent to or received from co-creator Kevin O'Neill detailing the genesis of the comic, when Fox decided to settle out of court, which Moore interpreted as "ok, we're guilty". It made him never want to get involved with Hollywood again. And he kept his word; the next three times a big studio made a movie based on his work, he asked not to get involved at all, and that whatever money should be his be given instead to the artists who drew the comics (though admitedly Moore did it partially to troll producers; he said it was funny seeing their face when they went like "he does NOT want money? wtf?")

hue

that whole War of the Worlds arc was amazing

It's hated by internet ""critics"" and therefore reddit

What about all of the real critics that hated it?

>that extended for ten hours

I would be pissed as fuck too senpai

They couldn't get the movie rights to half the people that appear in the comic.

Irrelevant

Seriously, what the fuck is Alan's deal?

It got crazy when Black Dossier came out. It went from "Victorian Justice League" to "OH SHIT NIGGA ALL FICTION EVER WRITTEN CO-EXISTS IN THIS UNIVERSE"

Well...he had it coming.

i liked the film. this and van helsing have really poorly aged cg though.

it was like avengers assemble but with literary characters.

>hyper strong giant with infra-red sense and a taste for asshole

Terrifying

It was like that before, but Black Dossier / Century was when it started using shit that normies would be familiar with

>had to stop a lovecraftian incursion
>James Bond the rapist

fun stuff.

The bloodstains appearing on Hyde later was hilarious, not to mention when Nemo found his body.

Birds gotta fly, fish gotta fap

>>hyper strong giant with infra-red sense and a taste for asshole

"Hyde...w-what are you looking at?"

"Nothing...nothing at all, keep talking I'll follow the sound of your voice."

Penny Dreadful took this idea and actually made something good out of it.

i liked it desu senpai, but i never read the comics and from what im reading here they were quite different in tone.

>Good

Better, yeah. There were several things that either shouldn't have been used or given more time to flesh out.

>fun stuff.
Don't forget the antichrist turned out to be Harry Potter,
who killed everyone at Hogwarts,
murdered Alan with his cock,
and was then himself killed by Mary Poppins

>Alan Moore bitches about how adaptations ruin his original work
>Has Mr. Hyde rape the Invisible Man

I don't know that Robert Louis Stevenson and HG Wells would have approved of this.

There were many changes not related to that. Off the top of my head, Mina didn't have full vampire powers in the comic, but she did in the movie because that's more exciting. In the comic she was also the team leader and Quatermain starts off as a junkie has-been, but in the movie he has his shit together and is the team leader instead of Mina because he's played by Connery. Also the Invisible Man being a rapist in the comic but not in the movie (in fact he was a different guy altogether), and in the comic Jekyll didn't need his formula to transform, I think? It's been a very long since I've read it.

Show focused way too much on Vanessa.

The 2015 remake was much better

Moore's complain was really more like

>I just read that the new Green Lantern crossover event is based off a 5-page story I wrote back in the 80's. Why can't DC write something new instead of redoing old plots?

>They just told me they'll have their best artists doing Watchmen sequels. If they're the best artists, why not let them make something of their own?

>Scared PottAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGH!!

hue