Hues were black metal pioneers making Black metal before Varg Vikernes

Hues were black metal pioneers making Black metal before Varg Vikernes

>The band left a widespread influence on black metal circles worldwide, particularly among the Scandinavian portion of the so-called "second wave" of the genre. "It is sobering", claimed Terrorizer magazine, "to think of what wouldn't have happened had 'I.N.R.I.' not been released".[15]

>Fenriz, drummer of Darkthrone, included a Sarcófago track ("Satanic Lust") in his The Best of Old-School Black Metal compilation, released by Peaceville Records.[32] Of Sarcófago's I.N.R.I., he said it was an "album" that "you buy or die".[33] Euronymous, the deceased guitarist of Mayhem and erstwhile leader of the so-called "Inner Circle", traded correspondence with Lamounier in the early days of Norway's scene.[27] In the Lords of Chaos book, Metalion (Slayer fanzine, ex-Head Not Found) stated that Euronymous was "obsessed with them because wore lots of spikes and corpsepaint. He said he wanted every band to be like this […]."[34] Satyricon covered Sarcófago's "I.N.R.I." on their Intermezzo II EP,[35] also featured on the Tribute to Sarcófago album, released by Cogumelo Records in 2001.[36] Key Gorgoroth members Infernus and King were also influenced by Sarcófago.[37]

>Notable black metal groups from neighbouring Finland were also affected by Sarcófago's early output. Beherit founder Nuclear Holocausto said Sarcófago was one of "the greatest influences" for the band;[38] Mika Luttinen from Impaled Nazarene said that "nothing tops Slayer's Reign in Blood or Sarcofago's I.N.R.I., you know".[39] Their version of "The Black Vomit" was included in Tribute to Sarcófago.[40]

youtube.com/watch?v=J_27DRSCB6M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MmZEXI_1fAo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally who?

I posted a text talking about their legacy and you still ask that? ffs..

INRI is great, too bad they lost it all in the mid 90s like so many other bands.

The vocalist was also the original vocalist of sepultura.

no one ever said that burzum invented black metal.
Lots of bands were making bm before varg

You're right, but what were you trying to get at by pointing that out?

>Burzum (/ˈbɜːrzəm/; Norwegian: [ˈbʉrtsʉm]) is a Norwegian music project founded by Varg Vikernes in 1991

>During the 1980s, several thrash and death metal bands formed a prototype for black metal.[2] This so-called first wave included bands such as Venom, Bathory, Mercyful Fate, Hellhammer and Celtic Frost.[10] A second wave arose in the early-1990s, spearheaded by Norwegian bands such as Mayhem, Darkthrone, Burzum, Immortal, Emperor, Satyricon and Gorgoroth

WOW WHAT A FUCKING REVELATION YOU DUMB FUCK

Wow neat, i never knew that. Both good bands in their heyday. There is this kind neat groove/thrash scene that's bizzarely decent that's heavily influenced by sepultura's middle work that's going on in mostly spain and central/south america right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=MmZEXI_1fAo

Well, for one it helps dispel the notion that black metal is exclusively a "white" genre when these guys had an influence on the scandinavian scene.

Black metal isnt about race you stupid motherfucker

The guy varg stabbed was a hardcore communist and the guy who started the black metal scene in norway.

Metal is about being an extremist

I didn't say it's about race, you illiterate fuck. I said it dispel the MAINSTREAM notion that it's an exclusively white genre. Read carefully and you'll understand what I'm saying.

varg wasnt even in the first wave of black metal.

Metal is a popular genre around the world you dumb shit. south america and japan in particular have produced great metal bands.

You can find metal from the middle east and even fucking africa.

You are just some retarded obama era liberal that cant consume something unless its #woke

>varg wasnt even in the first wave of black metal.
I know but many faggots think he invented black metal and don't know about bands like Bathory or sarcófago

>You are just some retarded obama era liberal that cant consume something unless its #woke
I didn't insert any political opinion anywhere. If you want to keep denying that black metal is commonly thought as a white genre, go ahead....

*isn't

"OMYGAW COLORED MAKING METAL I BETTER MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT OHHHHHH OH GGGEEEE *MASTURBATES FURIOUSLY" - you

What are you even complaining about? I know metal bands from all around the world.

Do you deny that black metal is commonly thought as an exclusively scandinavian genre?

geee, i wonder why

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal

Cultural origins: Early to mid 1980s,
England, Scandinavia

Anyone who isn't a complete idiot knows that black metal isn't exclusively Scandinavian. How fucking dumb can you be. The only reason black metal rose to prominence at the time it did was because of the 1990's tape trading scene that had members AROUND THE GOD DAMN WORLD.

Yes and this thread is showing non-scandinavians that had an influence in the scandinavian scene including big names like Euronymous.

Well, what can I do? there are a lot of idiots in this world. Are you really arguing that the average person that posts on Sup Forums is aware of black metal history?

IF YOU ARE A FALSE DON'T ENTRY

yeah, lots of idiots, im replying to one right now

Why am I an idiot? You're upset for no reason at all. You're basically like
>OMG WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS??!?!?!? IT'S TRUE B-B-BUT WHY DO YOU HAVE TO POST IT!?!??

bump