Jack White AKA The Ambassador of Rock is right

Jack White AKA The Ambassador of Rock is right.

How do we fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4LfJnj66HVQ
youtu.be/A4v1WkzY3gA
youtube.com/watch?v=ufZq_IQnkAI
youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By not listening to Top 40.

And KKB just delivered.

Are we going to pretend like the white stripes are 'wild'?

death grips is a band but not a rock band please

Ambassador of Schlock. Rock is never going to be "wild" again, it was wild because it was breaking new ground decades ago. The ground has been treat, the wilderness has been tamed. The wilderness has retreated, and it's up to others to explore it.

Can we just let rock die it's getting really fucking boring watching people play with their guitars.

Get a new Ambassador

rock is dead and the corpse won't go away

>How do we fix it?
In order to become the dominant genre again, rock would have to appeal to the majority of teenagers. Most teenagers today listen to pop and "aggressive"-sounding hip-hop stuff. So, for starters:
>Take the poppiest sub-genre of rock (power-pop) so it can click more easily with teenaged normies. It also has more chances to attract in girls, who often are the more vocal ones about music among teenagers on social media.
>Add in some of the abrasive, overblown ""noise"" that started popping out in many 2000s/2010s hiphop-oriented acts (M.I.A.'s /\/\ /\ Y /\, Death Grips's The Money Store, Kanye's Yeezus) to attract in more boys.
The genre is pretty much dead, you can't expect it to make an instant comeback without making it more appealing for the current generation, thus mixing it with the most popular genres of today.

, but unironically. I've been saying what I wrote in this post before the new KKB single came out and I think that a full album like that could legitimately be the best attempt to bring rock back. They used to be a sugary bubblegum pop act before that, so they even have the edgy "I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now" thing going on that can attract in the MCR/TOP/etc. fangirls, that are often the most vocal and ready to share (spam) everywhere their favourite bands, thus making them more known.

Then why the fuck are you making such bland derivative music Jack

Him being a hypocrite doesn't make him wrong.

You know this already happened, right?

>Releases his most clean and produced material yet

Yeah, the problem is that most people don't

>make rock more mainstream pop
>this will revive it
You're retarded, as I could already tell from your image.

Someone who can't make the kind of rock that rock needs has no way of knowing what rock needs.

What a useless statement. I like some of Jack White's music but I think what he said speaks to the direction he's coming from musically - trying to be wild vs. just being wild.

But he was never wild, he was always a tame vanilla guy. The real wild rockstars like Jagger, Bowie, Jimmy Page, well the equivalent of them are doing rap now. Kind of, because besides doing some drugs they are nowhere close to the levels of wild debauchery of old rockstars.

you really think a pop band is gonna come through with a rock album that isn't fucking terrible?

This faggot needs to mind his own business. Popularity of music means shit these days.

You’re wrong.

Let it die with grace

lol would you rather listen to a nigger mumbling over cheap samples

Why do you hate black people so much?

>there's only rap or rock music
get some taste

The entire concept of a "dead" genre is a false idea given infinite free distribution to a market of millions over the internet for even retarded meme genres

Why do you avoid the question? Would you or would you not rather listen to a nigger mumbling over cheap samples?

Classical shouldn't be brought into a discussion of popular genres, modern country and pop are trash, and electronic is a meme

I think it's time to accept that rock's time in the spotlight is finished.

People are tired of dudes playing on electric guitars.
The only """"rock"""" music that will probably stay alive for some time is Twenty One Pilots type music, which at this point is basically a emo pop/rap mix

Yes actually, answer the question. Why do you hate black people?

see

Just because someone says nigger doesn't mean they hate black people.

New KKB literally sounds like a Rivers Cuomo wet dream. It's even complete with a hāfu

>Yes
Conversation over, I'm not answering the questions of someone with such obviously and objectively incorrect taste.

In a world where if someone is born a male but they identify as a female; or if someone is aged 35 but identifies as 5, I like in a world where the word "nigger" is considered hateful but I *identify as living in a world where that is not the case. So, that. :)

>yes actually
so you would rather listen to this
youtu.be/4LfJnj66HVQ

than this
youtu.be/A4v1WkzY3gA

you answered your own question, that's why I hate niggers, wiggers and other such wannaghetto trash

No, I answered yours, you answer mine, that's how it works.

I can cherrypick too

youtube.com/watch?v=ufZq_IQnkAI
or
youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

holy shit you managed to make ted nugent the appealing alternative to something

>Yes
how about No

jay reatard was that but They wouldn't let him live

>He dosen't like De La Soul

Holy shit I literally got cancer from reading your retarded fucking post.

I hate people that are this stupid, and yet think they have opinions.

I bet you're female, you fucking idiot.

sleigh bells>kkb

don't worry my band is gonna save rock

>*saves rock music*

you're a stupid fucking pleb and you should kys

"Leave rock music to me"

Jack "Mr watching paint dry" White, wouldn't know the first thing about "wildness"

Ebert's law.