Black Sail

I've just started watching this shit (two seasons in) and I keep getting enraged by how ridiculous this shit is. You have this "women rule the world xD" narrative, along with VANE? and Flint arguing for no actual reason, Long John Silver is nothing like the character he's been described as in every other tale. Oh yeah and of course, of fucking course, captain Flint turns out to be... Gay. Literally why? It had nothing to do with anything. They could've made Thomas a cuck, but instead they've decided, lets make them both fucking gay.

What the fuck is the point of this show, and why does so many people rate it? I hate literally every character except for maybe VANE? sometimes, and that "le too intelligent for this shit" guy is for the most part fine. Everyone else is complete shit.

This show isn't for people from Sup Forums

I'm not from Sup Forums, I fucking hate that echo chamber with it's ridiculous double standards. I'm all about quality, and this shit is not. It's well produced, but the writing is fucking shit (in my opinion). It's not about anything other than "look at these strong women, look how much they endure, women are ultimately stronger than men". That seems to me, and trust me I do not browse Sup Forums, to the main narrative we're supposed to take from this show.

I don't know man, maybe I've been caught up by the state of affairs between the two genders these days, but I just feel like they're trying to push an agenda. Everyone is these days and I suspect it's finally getting to me.

>It had nothing to do with anything
except him getting kicked out of the royal neavy and having to leave britain.

>eleanor
>strong woman
laughing vane.jpg

VANE?

"His left leg was cut off close by the hip, and under the left shoulder he carried a crutch, which he managed with wonderful dexterity, hopping about upon it like a bird. He was very tall and strong, with a face as big as a ham – plain and pale, but intelligent and smiling."

rly makes one consider

Its gets better tho, and you will se why john silverf is nothing like the charcter dcribed in onther tales. Trust me I had the same problem in the end of s2.

Guthrey is weak the show makes her look weak and stupid, Vayne kills her father, she gets cucked, her money trading company goes under, she gets cucked by Woodes and everyone hates her.

It's a shame that Mr Hornigold was killed off, based pirate hunter he was, killed by some fake story pirate (Flint).

Fuck this Earth, he deserved better than that!

>show about historical pirates along with the treasure planet one, set at the time of the two most infamous female pirates
>"why are they focusing on strong women?"

If there's any time-period/location to make a show about strong women, that's definitely the most interesting one to pick.

I have not noticed Mary Read in this at all? Is she in it?

The intro is really fucking long.

fuck benjamin hornigold

Vane is based, everything else can be argued.

>likes only the worst cartoon-tier character in the show
>speaks in memes
your taste is trash
stick to capeshit

Funny though that it hasnt been mentioned again...

I think the writers may have been bitch slapped after the fallout from that episode. They ruined the lead in 20 seconds. Everything that was built for him was thrown out in a cheap display of "muh current year" pandering.

At least they have enough strong characters to watch that i didnt have to drop it

>You have this "women rule the world xD" narrative

Almost all of the female characters are literally abused whores. Eleanor is the daughter of the man who used to run the island who became his predecessor. Anne Bonny is based on a real person.

>VANE? and flint arguing for no actual reason
Power struggle with multiple reasons given throughout the series.

>Long John Silver is nothing like the character he's been described as in every other tale
It's a prequel to every story you've read about this fictional character. Backstory. It shows his journey to the point that you're aware of.

>captain Flint turns out to be... Gay
Bisexual. It was a cheap motivation that I didn't care for but the reveal lasted seconds and wasn't brought up again. That doesn't stop me from enjoying everything else about the show.

The two things that you liked most about the show are what I liked the least. Vane was miscast, imo, but the guy wound up doing an alright job. They tried to make everyone too "pretty" and clean in the first season. Rackam's stupid glasses annoyed me and I'm glad they got rid of them. Once they roughed everyone up and made a point of having filthy pirates not as polished looking everything else fell in place. Season 2 was incredible and season 3 was almost as good. Season 3 is the only thing on TV that I'm looking forward to. Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.

He's a big guy

I really like Black Sails. Except that fucking french cunt Max. She is genuinely the worst actress in the show and a genuine mary sue after her rape.

Think about it. Right after the rape she did everything. She's a boss, can do everything, intimidates or persuades everyone, can decieve anyone at any time. Fuck her. And fuck whoever is playing her. The only redeeming feature is her accent and looks.

Max is the worst.

Her fake accent stinks and is the most grating thing about her. She's gorgeous, though. Hated her in the beginning and still don't really give a shit about her as a character but it's not about how SHE is the powerful one, it's more that it's who she aligns herself with that gives her power.

Agreed. Honestly sometimes I like her, but in the long run she just posses such an amount of exaggerated power. If she was so fucking bright all along, why did she end up as a whore in the first place? And why does she get to ride along after the rapes? She's not doing any work, why does she get to live there for fucking free? If her character/plot line had any credibility what so ever she would've been kicked to the curb by the Madame for not doing anything and/or fucking murdered by Vane.

Literally Plot Armour: The Character

If this show wasn't fully pozzed it could actually be good

Season 1 was a masterpiece imo. After that.. yeah.

I still remember the night I was pumped as fuck for Flint and the Manowar versus Vane and the Fort

And then they interrupt the battle to have a surprise gay sex scene as they reveal that possibly my favourite character on any show is a faggot, and his entire motivations for everything has changed to being about his faggotry

fuck me

>Season 1 was a masterpiece

And that is why you're retarded and your opinion amounts to shit

It is, though.. Did you find it too 'slow and boring'?because the dialogue was realistic and not overwrought and overwritten like it is now?

You're a dummy, friend. It's ok, though.